User Tag List

Page 701 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 201 601 651 691 699 700 701 702 703 711 751 801 1201 1701 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Good Afternoon Avoncallingu..Noooo im not only person but some times i wonders if im not ...some volunteers people got hundreds of excuses ...why they can’t do something..im to darn easy that i say ok dont worry i will do that for you help you out and ends up with over half stuff do myself .. I know i got stop giving in to peoples excuses from not wanting do what they said they would do .
    YOU TWO are two peas in a pod!!! @avoncallingu can't say "NO!" either, @Newfiescreech !
    It took me a very, very long time before I felt I could put my own needs, my health before what others wanted to toss on my shouders when I was working....It felt so awkward at first, but done nicely and with...ahem...pretty good excuses, no one really notices that I was saying no! Someone else just chimed in to do it and nothing changed and the world didn't end if I delegated, either!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! It has been a very emotional day for me, as I had to sort out my feelings about just what you are talking about, @Lynn49 . I'm starting to realize that a lot of what I do in a day is to make someone else's life easier at the expense of mine. I have made some commitments that I will stick to, but I will back out of, or gently turn down others until I feel that I am comfortable with my own needs being met. Tough to do as we head into a very busy season. I actually feel good when I do help people, but then feeling stressed about my own "To Do" lust, just isn't working any more. I'm not a spring chicken that can bounce back easily.

Does anyone believe me? Tomorrow is making treats for the Spaghetti supper at Church ( because I signed up) and then choir.

I have to make a few other medical-related appointments and check back with Income Tax man and Social Security lady. Today I hand shredded a year's worth of records and invoices while I watched a couple of things on TV.

I did laundry and put away things that had piled up in my bedroom. My friend made supper for 3 members of the Search Committee and we had a good discussion about the process which faces us in the next 2 weeks.

My battery is fading (in my computer and also in me.) So I will say good night .

I hAve just noticed that the 3 out of 4 light bulbs that I replaced in the hallway fixture have blown again. This probably means that the whole thing needs to be replaced.

Good night, folks!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks! It has been a very emotional day for me, as I had to sort out my feelings about just what you are talking about, @Lynn49. I'm starting to realize that a lot of what I do in a day is to make someone else's life easier at the expense of mine. I have made some commitments that I will stick to, but I will back out of, or gently turn down others until I feel that I am comfortable with my own needs being met. Tough to do as we head into a very busy season. I actually feel good when I do help people, but then feeling stressed about my own "To Do" lust, just isn't working any more. I'm not a spring chicken that can bounce back easily.

Does anyone believe me? Tomorrow is making treats for the Spaghetti supper at Church ( because I signed up) and then choir.

I have to make a few other medical-related appointments and check back with Income Tax man and Social Security lady. Today I hand shredded a year's worth of records and invoices while I watched a couple of things on TV.

I did laundry and put away things that had piled up in my bedroom. My friend made supper for 3 members of the Search Committee and we had a good discussion about the process which faces us in the next 2 weeks.

My battery is fading (in my computer and also in me.) So I will say good night .

I hAve just noticed that the 3 out of 4 light bulbs that I replaced in the hallway fixture have blown again. This probably means that the whole thing needs to be replaced.

Good night, folks!
    @avoncallingu, you know that I only have your very best interests at heart, which is why I worry that you take on so much...too much, at your own expense. You never seem to stop for even one single day to take care of your own needs, and I don't mean laundry or shredding. I know keeping busy means you're not alone to think about things, your mind is always somewhere else, but you really do need to stop and smell those roses once in a while.

When was the last time you had a pyjama day, just you and Tootie (although Tootie doesn't necessarily need pjs)? Just collapsed on the sofa, coffee, tea, wine, and some good 'ol movies? Yes, the whole entire day. But I know what'll happen...someone will call and you'll jump to attention and forget about your needs just to meet theirs.
    I learned long ago that's not healthy, and it's something we're all guilty of at some point in our lives!

Saying no to someone else, means saying YES to yourself.

Oh, boy you know I've harped on you before about this....so I won't go on and on. Again. I'm relieved that you're giving more thought to YOU and not THEM (whoever they are!).

I found out that the world keeps turning whether I'm involved in its rotation or not.
    When I'm gone everyone else will carry on very well without so much as a blip on the screen.

{{{{HUGS my Friend}}}}

Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what’s left of you. — Katie Reed

Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. – Anne Lamott
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Nov 7th, 2018 at 10:09 PM.
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

OMG! My thrill seeking consists of finding a good deal at the grocery store! Or wandering through a second-hand store for "treasures."

Tony Clement!!!!! What's with these men in power and their sexual proclivities?

It's only going up to 3 degrees today. Brrrrr! Although that might seem like a heat wave to @Natalka .

I woke up several times with a headache during the night but only just took some meds. I have not been having many lately but yesterday was tense.

Had a great supper, though.

It's Spaghetti Dinner at the church tonight so my supper plans are decided.

Poor Tootie is restless since her clip, being bothered by things that I can't really guess. I think her tummy may be off again. She does get so anxious in new situations.

Hoping you all have a great Thursday! BFN!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning.
    Coffee.
    Work.
    Home.

Have a good one.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  4B3D0375-56CF-4052-AB20-E49C0A0EB72E.jpeg
Views: 124
Size:  64.7 KB

Good Morning Everyone!! Hope ya all have wonderful Thursday..Take good care
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    YOU TWO are two peas in a pod!!! @avoncallingu can't say "NO!" either, @Newfiescreech!
    It took me a very, very long time before I felt I could put my own needs, my health before what others wanted to toss on my shouders when I was working....It felt so awkward at first, but done nicely and with...ahem...pretty good excuses, no one really notices that I was saying no! Someone else just chimed in to do it and nothing changed and the world didn't end if I delegated, either!!
    I know Lynn .. its sooo true what your saying ..starting in New year ...I’m learning one NEW word ..that not in my vocabulary right now ..It will be NO sorry im to busy ..you will have fine someone else do it for you .
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Avon your temp is what ours should be! However, we are stuck with this cold for a while longer.
    Tonight will be -28 with the wind chill.

I envy @Newfiescreech and @avoncallingu for all you are doing; I miss things like that SO much!

Right from when I was young up to just a few years ago, I did tons of volunteer work, through the church, local organizations, school, etc. Did lots of cool stuff, met wonderful people! I loved being busy!

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Nov 8th, 2018 at 09:44 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all . Hope everyone is doing great. Didn’t even know that it was suppose to rain today was out walking Thor and we both got soaking wet. Still have a few errands to run so will have my cup of tea and off I go. Now the Sun is shinning Mother Nature needs to make up her mind with this weather. Have a great day all

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was up and out early today, how is everyone doing?
    Those Sask. temps give me the chills from here @Natalka , your reminiscing about the past volunteering you were involved with, that must be tough not even being able to offer anymore. @avoncallingu I know right?? re: Tony Clement?? ( shudder....not much of a looker to me? )

One day before Friday!! The countdown is on.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

The sun was out for a while but of course it's overcast again. DD is driving to the Sault for a meeting so we're spending lots of time on the phone today...I told her that Sirius already has two Christmas music channels, 70 being the Halmark one, and she said, "Yep, I'll get right on that." Brat. I didn't know they were broadcasting yet until I got in the car the other day and my Hubby had Christmas music already playing! Of course now, whenever I'm in the car, it's only Christmas music....hahaha. he knows me too well.

@Newfiescreech , I hope you gets lots of use out of that "new word" in the new year!

I'm still fatigued, nauseated every morning, new pains here and there all day...I really need that cbd oil and now! Already I've had to concede that I can't make our Christmas cards this year, and maybe more than that. C'est la guerre.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The Tony Clement stuff is just icky! What is it with some men?
    @walkonby - it is tough for me, I feel so restricted and cut off. Even regarding contributing, at least I used to be able to contribute baking for church teas and bazaars, now I can't even do that.

But it's nice to know one is not forgotten, last year I was contacted by two organizations with which I had been involved, having milestone anniversaries.

One was the rape crisis centre at which I was one of the first volunteer counsellors, we would be on call with a pager for a week at a time. It's now called a sexual assault centre.

The other was Catholic Family Services, for which I was a charter board member.

I feel like an old lady, living on memories....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!

The sun was out for a while but of course it's overcast again. DD is driving to the Sault for a meeting so we're spending lots of time on the phone today...I told her that Sirius already has two Christmas music channels, 70 being the Halmark one, and she said, "Yep, I'll get right on that." Brat. I didn't know they were broadcasting yet until I got in the car the other day and my Hubby had Christmas music already playing! Of course now, whenever I'm in the car, it's only Christmas music....hahaha. he knows me too well.
    They started November 1st. Not too pleased about it because they took over one of my saved go-to channels Venus will have to wait til January, I guess.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    They started November 1st. Not too pleased about it because they took over one of my saved go-to channels Venus will have to wait til January, I guess.
    I like Christmas music but then it makes me cry. My mom died on Christmas day in 1998. So I guess it's kinda bittersweet.

Hope everyone has good day.

Some more progress pics. From not so flexible to way more flexible lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cabmonk; Thu, Nov 8th, 2018 at 02:15 PM.

Thread Information