User Tag List

Page 707 of 1953 FirstFirst ... 207 607 657 697 705 706 707 708 709 717 757 807 1207 1707 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 29295
Like Tree118399Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

all you lucky sods with the white stuff!! We have not had a flake as yet......but don't get me wrong I really don't want any ( what with having to clean the vehicle before any trip) I just like the prettiness of it.

If anyone is following a recount proved fruitful flipping the election night results in Arizona. First Dem in 20 yrs and their first woman Senator.
    @danger_dan whew! good thing Cooper's body surrendered the pieces of the chewed up rubber toy. Lesson learned. You saved a vet bill too! @flemeth have fun with your freezer diving! Been there done that many times. I should really label leftovers, often I am clueless as to what the item is.
    Pondering popping out to grab a couple more sale items before the flyer changes on Thursday. ( mushrooms and bagged salads...just .98 ea )

Hope the day treats you all well!!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@danger_dan happy to know that Cooper is better. Hope your wife feels better too.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I guess I should have given you the update on the Lady as well!
    She's fine as well. rested and relaxed on the couch most of the day, chicken soup and juice. She was feeling back to about 80% last night before bed, and up to 95% this morning.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    I guess I should have given you the update on the Lady as well!
    She's fine as well. rested and relaxed on the couch most of the day, chicken soup and juice. She was feeling back to about 80% last night before bed, and up to 95% this morning.
    Sorry to hear your lovely lady is not feeling well ..hope and pray soon ..she be back to her self again .Take good care of her give her lots of TLC s

so sorry hear about your puppy 🐶 decided to have meal on rubber toy too huh ..hope nothing happens to you at end of all this .lol take care
    Last edited by Newfiescreech; Tue, Nov 13th, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  F79A74F4-8CB5-4B63-8D9A-30EB70D1AE0A.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  47.1 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Mornin', everyone!!

Can you hear that?! Jenny always thinks that the garbagemen are stealing out stuff! Is "garbageman" pc or is there another word people are using these days?
    @danger_dan ...poor little muffin, but thank goodness that's all ...um... behind him now and he's back to his 'ol self again. As is your wife...you had your hands full yesterday! Time to buy a KONG for Cooper...he won't be ripping that apart (I hope!)...stuff it with peanut butter and he'll be out of your hair for a while. Of course, from experience with our Border Collie, one then has to soak and use a small bottle brush to clean what's left behind in it, but that's what love is all about, right?

A nothing day except for some sewing...DD asked for a couple of shoe-bags to take her shoes to and from work, so I made THE cutest one yesterday!!! I wish I had taken a picture, it was too cute if I must say so myself. Hahaha....I'll ask her to take a pic for me. I'll make another one today. DD is off playing pool at our downtown seniors' centre, so I'm left to my own devices today.
    @walkonby ...just how long is Phase 1 on this diet??!!!

Well, off to do stuff.

Have a wonderful day, everyone...it's sunny here, snow on the ground...a flippin' winter wonderland.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ooo, Lynn, such pretty flutterbys - as our son used to call them, quite fits I think.

A nurse and student came this morning. I'm back to regular home care, but was glad it was a nurse who had seen me several times previously - so I had a lot of info to catch her up on.

My BP was mid 140s, but she took it right after I had gotten up to be weighed, so that might be why it was higher for me.Gah, I gained weight this past week - drat that Chinese food I had such a big craving for, lol!

She thought my breathing was shallow, but my lungs are clear. I hadn't used my puffer yet this morning, though.

Gee, I'm feeling poplar today, a Seniors First nurse just came to give me my flu shot. She is also a public health nurse, but she had been to see me many times.

So I'm switched to regular home care nursing, but when I spoke to the nurse who first came this morning about needing a refill for my BP med, I guess that isn't something they usually do (contact the Dr.). But she said she would call.
    However, because the nurse who came to give me the shot is with SF, she called the doc, who will call me back. Plus she said she will ensure the regular home care nurse gets the info as to which Dr is on each week - there are three.

The regular home care nurses don't deal with the docs, which are only for SF patients.Turns out I'm the only one in this situation, half in each program, so they just needed to make sure the communication is clear.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Can you hear that?! Jenny always thinks that the garbagemen are stealing out stuff! Is "garbageman" pc or is there another word people are using these days?
    @danger_dan ...poor little muffin, but thank goodness that's all ...um... behind him now and he's back to his 'ol self again. As is your wife...you had your hands full yesterday! Time to buy a KONG for Cooper...he won't be ripping that apart (I hope!)...stuff it with peanut butter and he'll be out of your hair for a while. Of course, from experience with our Border Collie, one then has to soak and use a small bottle brush to clean what's left behind in it, but that's what love is all about, right?
    Cooper doesn't like the Garbage and Recycling personnel at our house either.

He has a Kong, and we do fill it with PB it's one of his absolute favourites...and because of this, we've had to put his Kong and PB on the shelf for a while, because he just gets too protective when he has it. At times he's growl at us if we move anywhere close to him with in the same room while he has it...
    Mind you, this behaviour was before he had his procedure, and we haven't tried his Kong and PB since. He's calmed down a whole heck of a lot since then, so I think we'll give it another shot either tonight or tomorrow.
    Thanks for the reminder @Lynn49 !
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Nov 14th, 2018 at 07:45 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, kool_105, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Geez, Jays.. I am such a sucker for an earworm.

So I am not only singing it in my head, I am also picturing Glen performing it.

Gah!
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good afternoon, folks! My eyeballs are glossing over while I try to make changes in this wedding! And my head is starting to ache! My computer has decided that we are going to have a totally different system of opeining up and getting to where I need to be. I think it is giving me personal lessons but I am not in the mood, HAL!

Keeps snowing on and off but we're not supposed to get HEAPS. I was feeling so smug about having an indoor parking space but then, I WILL have to brush the snow off when I go to outside places.

For some reason, MY US Social Security Cheque was forwarded to my BROTHERR's new address. Oiy! I will have to go out and retrieve it as I need to get it into the bank.

I was hoping for a totally non-driving day.

Having said that, I guess I should make a couple of phone calls and get on my way. Ho, Ho, Ho, who would know - up on the rooftop quick, quick, quick - they're fixing our roof - just hope it sticks! How's that for a modified Christmas song?

Bye!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL, Avon, you're funny!

Well, Jays, your earworm to me has been overridden by the radio news informing me that it's the 40th anniversary of this song...

Lynn49, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I see what you tried to do there @Natalka and it didn't work @danger_dan , glad to hear your family is feeling better. Good luck with your kong experiment today. Hopefully Cooper realizes that he doesn't have to guard his treats.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Fourth visitor of the day, physiotherapist brought a doff 'n Donner set of our own - the new things for putting on my compression stockings, plus a big pair of smoothing gloves for my husband. So though this system seems so odd, it works amazingly well, much kinder to my fragile leg skin as well as easier on my husband's hands.

So fab, didn't have to pay for any of these either, luckily they are covered under the same program which covers the cost of my stockings.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening!
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Mornin', everyone!!
    @walkonby ...just how long is Phase 1 on this diet??!!!
    I am new to this remember but I think it is up to how the Dr. interprets your results and your progress after the first 2 weeks on Phase 1 ? Did you lose? Were you losing fat? I dunno really, alls I knows is I was instructed to be on Phase 1 for 2 more weeks! Rats!!
    I am hoping changes in foods allowed on Phase 2 are including some of the yummy items I enjoy every now and then....like a piece of fruit or a tomato or some squash? Is that asking too much?

yo ho ho and away I go!!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information