User Tag List

Page 803 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 303 703 753 793 801 802 803 804 805 813 853 903 1303 1803 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,045 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Avon the doc is just seeing her now. They have to put her on a feeding tube it seems. She has a lot of issues, medically and otherwise.
    Everyone is treating and speaking to her very gently and kindly - they always have to reassure her that they won't hurt her.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Where is everyone? Frozen?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I must admit, this is a great football game.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Poop!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can think of much stronger language than poop
    I have never been more of a Rams fan than I will be two weeks from now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  802A74F8-B79E-4308-BEAF-F293EE92550C.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  30.3 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Glad to hear from you @Newfiescreech !

My back is killing me as I have been hauling boxes, and furniture around. I flipped the mattress on the pullout sofa as it was beginning to be lumpy. Then covered it with all the duvets and quilts I have -to pad it better. This is why camping is not my favourite thing. I know that you love going off to camp, @Lynn49 , but your accommodations aren't exactly "rustic. " I feel like I am back at girl guide camp except I can't hear the scurrying of the chipmunks.

And my toe - ouch! I managed to stub it a couple of times as I was remaking the bed.

Winter is certainly shaking her fist at us. Hoping everyone is warm and settling down for a "long winter's nap."

Goodnight everyone. God bless.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@Natalka - I agree about keeping that curtain closed!

Thanks @avoncallingu - and it's not that i'm adventurous - more that I'm motivated by food (getting my avocados and the free popcorn) lol Popcorn Day was mentioned in the blog and then I got an email from Scene.

I read your posts about moving soon. Hope all goes well and you will love your new place

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Good morning folks! Hello, @Silk! Glad you dropped by! You are adventurous to have walked out in that cold yesterday. How did I miss Popcorn Day????

I am about to get my doggie ready to venture out for a 3 minute walk. I hope she gets the message and gets things done that she needs to.
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Jan 20th, 2019 at 11:23 PM.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    Hope everyone was mostly indoors this weekend. Another very cold here. I will be indoors all day again.
    @avoncallingu I am not in any pain from the tooth I just have to finish the antibiotics. I will try and see how it goes today with normal food at dinner.
    @walkonby hope that furnace get fixed.
    @Natalka I agree with u to keep the curtains close. Hope you had a great visit with your DH and Milan and the bring u some yummy treats.
    Anyone who do have to go out make you dress in lots of layers. Stay warm all
    Have a great day all
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone...
    Jeebus it's cold out! -28 when Cooper and I got up this morning for his potty break before the Lady and I head out the door...Poor guy...all his usual spots out in the back were snow drifts higher than his hips! He just didn't know what to do, on top of doing his 'my paws are cold' dance.

Lots of snow and blowing winds over the weekend, and the plows did NOT go by once, until about 10 minutes before the Lady and I drove down the driveway this morning.

Anywho, here safe, sound, and warm now.
    The Lady, on the other hand, basically has her entire 'Winter outdoor clothing' section of the closet on today, as she's onsite (outdoors) all day today doing a site walk and coordination meeting! :S

Stay warm folks.
    Back later.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, your poor Lady @danger_dan . Keep checking in with her, if you can. I stuck my face outside twice this weekend and then closed the door very quickly. Today though, I have to venture out for a few minutes.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ouch. That's all I have to say. Five minutes cleaning my vehicle. Fingers so cold I couldn't move them. Now I get why my furnace has not turned off all weekend. Hydro bill should be good. @walkonby , I hope your furnace guy gets there soon.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning! Oh gosh I feel so sorry for anyone who has to venture out today. @danger_dan , it's too bad that your Lady's outdoor walkabout couldn't be postponed until it moderated out there a little, but time is money, I guess. I hope she's not out too long.

@GoJays , our football dreams were dashed last night.....honestly, between the blind refs not "seeing" a helmet to helmet hit on the Saints' receiver likely determining the outcome of the game. I hope they had security when they left the field; they should never be allowed to referee another playoff game, ever! As to that last game, I couldn't even watch it, Brady just turns my stomach.
    I did get phone calls from our GS and DD celebrating that win. Yah. They're Pat's fans. Brats.

So, at -28 here this morning, going up to a balmy -18, we'll be staying in.

Stay well, everyone, drive carefully and stay warm.
    Have a lovely day!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jan 21st, 2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Story-time!!

So here's a weird story: I had a large jade plant that I gave away last fall, but I had planted a few leaves which are growing, but because it was moved out of sight as Christmas decorations took over, I hadn't watered it since well before Christmas.
    I just picked it up yesterday thinking I'd have to just put it outside, the soil had shrunk, bone-dry of course, and I figured I'd just take it outside. But!!
    I took a closer look at it, and there at the top, were 3 tiny yellow flowers!!
    My large one never flowered, and here this one long spindly, leggy stick, gives me 3 flowers?!

Okay, I've had enough weirdly wonderful things happen over my fairly long life, so my first thought: that's my Mom, who loved all her houseplants!, telling me that she, my Dad and my Brother were well...still around! Which if course I know, but a dehydrated, ignored plant giving me 3 cute little flowers?!
    In any event, she's a survivor, so I watered her, propped her up, removed all her dead leaves, and I'll propagate it a few times again.
    But....can you imagine?!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jan 21st, 2019 at 09:25 AM.
    Natalka, JadeAngel, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh @Lynn49 -what a lovely story. There's a post on Facebook that says, "Sometimes I look up and say, 'I know that was you."

This week I will be looking for signs from my dh. It will be 2 years on Saturday that he left this earth. I know he's supervising my packing. Yesterday I very regretfully put his precious coffeemaker in with the things "to go."
    Oops -can't go there.

The Saints of New Orleans were robbed with that missed call for sure. I would have loved to see them win.

Well, it takes forever to get the little girlie ready to go outside with baby socks and then neoprene booties. She lost one of the booties last walk. I hope it's still there. She'll pee on the patio but not poop -but maybe she'll reconsider today. Brrrrr!

See you later . I noticed that they cancelled all schools in Chatham -Kent but not here. I think it's exam time in highschool.

Gotta go.
    Natalka and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information