User Tag List

Page 812 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 312 712 762 802 810 811 812 813 814 822 862 912 1312 1812 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nat-I am so glad the sleeping pills are working for you and that you have your CBD oil to try-hopefully it will help you over time. Rumour has it that you have a birthday very soon-if so please have a great birthday celebrating with your husband and son. I know it is not the ideal venue but I am happy that you seem to be on the path back to better health/mobility. One step at a time. Keep up the great effort on your physio.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@walkonby - I love that song, makes me wanna dance! The other John Denver songs I like are slow and lovely. One of the songs I sang at my sister's wedding was Annie's Song.

Thanks for the good wishes @lizzie bargain

My son just left, he was here for the past three or so hours! He brought snacks (Safeway's mojo potatoes, Harvest beer sticks, a new style of thin Coffee Crisp bar, a Sunny Delight). He also brought a mini German chocolate cake - so yummy!

The nurse finally came with a lockbox - and it's huge. So stupid. And the key is on a length of gauze to wear around my neck - and it's not a teeny key like I imagined, it's one of these big round laser cut ones that cannot be copied.
    I tried around my neck, nope. Tried around my wrist, no, the key is too big. So imput it in my little holdall bag that is always with me. The only other option is in the little compartment under the tray table. I will see if they give me heck when they come for 9 p.m. meds. Because it was stupid to leave the lockbox out where anyone could see it ,- but that's in my reach, the nurse put it away in a drawer where I can't reach. So a nurse will have to get me the lockbox, I have to unlock and dose myself, then it has to be locked up and put away again. Pretty silly if you ask me. I could keep it in my toiletries bag and no one would be the wiser but, no, hospital policy.

Hope you are all having a fun Saturday night!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh @Natalka -I sang Annie's Song at MY brother's wedding. We're cosmicly coonnected!
    Such a beautiful song!

Well it was so uplifting to be at this Volunteer Appreciation Dinner and see how much good is done for the community, families and individuals by the organization of the Salvation Army. We were sitting at a table with a lady and 3 teenaged volunteers. Great kids!

I have to remake the bed. Oh boy! My favourite thing to do!

Told my brotherR I would pick him up for church tomorrow. So an early morning.

Might head off to bed soon. Hope you all are comfy cozy and enjoying your evening!
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, Natalka, for a non addictive herbal medication, I agree that's pretty stupid.overkill! It's more obvious than as you say, just slipping into your cosmetic bag.
    Hope you get your sleepy time cocktail soon...

Oh. Our DD performec a modern dance solo to Annie's song...that song sure got around!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jan 26th, 2019 at 09:30 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just got my cocktail - the nurse came first to get out the box for me, and she has to watch as I draw up the dose. She saw me take the key out of my bag and said nothing, so I didn't mention it.

How I love when a nurse does more than one shift in the same place. Today I had Fab nurses, for both day and night it was their second. Both pleasant to talk with, a smile to give - as it should be. The evening nurse had answered the call bell nnot long after she came on shift, to finish something an aide had started. When the nurse asked me who it was, I said I didn't know her name, but she never smiles. Oh, that's Amanda, she said with a guffaw.

So I will just finish this and listen to a talk show on internet radio as I wind down.
    It's 9:30 here and already is really quiet because the oldies and really sick ones go to sleep not long after supper.

Hope we all get good sleeps!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@avoncallingu

I sang this as she walked up the aisle. It's from the 60s, neither of us knew it before, but my sister heard it in a music store when we were choosing songs.

That was my fave to sing along with "Devoted to you" by the Everly Brothers.

My sister, getting married in a Ukr. Catholic church, ceremony in English, lucky enough to have our dad concelebrating, wanted songs with no mention of religion in them!

A friend of hers said too bad, and we snuck in Set me like a seal on your heart" the Carey Landry version. It's just so beautiful. Also, The Wedding Prayer.
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Jan 26th, 2019 at 10:43 PM.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. Wake up to lots of snow. Still snowing. Will have to venture out today because I have a viewing g to attend,
    @Natalka Happy Birthday. Hope the nurses , Your DH and Milan make it special for you. I know it’s not the greatest place to be on your Birthday please make the most of it my friend. Have a wonderful day
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Natalka - Happy Birthday, dear friend! The start of a more healthy and happy year ahead with your loving family. You share a birthday with my step-daughter- another connection!

I'm lingering in bed hoping a Chinook comes by. No such luck, I think.

I haven't checked the snow situation, but I can hear the plows.

Have a peaceful and satisfying Sunday! If you can, pass along a smile to someone today.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yeppers! The Snow! It's baaaacccckkk!
    My adventure began well before 7 a.m. today stuck behind a fleet of about 9 snow plows going East on the 401.
    So relaxing to drive on a freshly plowed road BUT so annoying to be driving less than 50 km the entire way to my exit. No surprise that DD was late for work.

I returned home to a surprise! DS had cleared BOTH driveways ( our neighbour will appreciate that ) and the path up to the house while I was gone.

Happy Birthday @Natalka !! That was a perfect song ( the lyrics ) that you sang at your sisters wedding!
    Will your men be stopping by today with a wee birthday cake? Hope so.
    Until then you can feast your eyes on this computer image of one.

Not thrilled at having to go back out in this later....or going out in more of what is supposed to fall tomorrow.
    Grit my teeth and struggle through it I suppose!

have a wonderful sunny ( oh sure! NOW its sunny. ) Sunday all!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Jan 27th, 2019 at 09:57 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, happy Sunday!

Thanks so much for the birthday greetings!

I am so glad Milan came in yesterday, the weather is crazy today and will only get worse - rain, snow, winds to 90.
    He brought a birthday cake, so had some yesterday, and will have another piece soon. My husband will come visit, probably after church.

I didn't have physio yesterday, hope to today. They have barebones staff on weekends.

I was up several times during the night, but only a few minutes each time, then fell back to sleep easily. I then woke at ,8:30!! Missed the hub-bub and noise of shift change. Had a student do most of my care this morning and she was awesome!

Do, it's on with the day!!!
    kool_105, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

how is it only a month has gone by since Christmas?
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, everyone!
    @walkonby, I'm always so concerned when you have ot drive down there; maybe if I stop watching Heavy Rescue 401 I may settle down a bit? Stay safe out there, and watch those roads later; if it's sunny those roads may ice up.

Not much on the go today, I may take out the rest of those 400+ quilt squares and square them up....busy, busy! Hahahaha!!! No football today, just the Superbowl next week which two cheater teams will be playing. If it wasn't for the fact that my late BFF's Hubby will be here, I doubt I'd even watch it...amof, I may be doing a craft of some description, painting or quilting at the dining-room table while it's on. I bet the Saints fans are hoping the patriots whomp those rams butts!! I wonder if the viewership will actually be down this year...

So, sunny day here, but cold, no where to wander, enjoy the day everyone!!!

@Natalka: HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes from me to you!!
    Natalka, kool_105 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

is that a no?

Natalka likes this.

Thread Information