User Tag List

Page 861 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 361 761 811 851 859 860 861 862 863 871 911 961 1361 1861 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,915 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  38EDD9ED-6C8E-4DFC-927C-4A34E7101E49.png
Views: 117
Size:  249.6 KB
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Thanks @avoncallingu and @Lynn49. This must be some superbug because the drugs are only half-working. Usually, I don't get what's going around but DH was kind enough to bring it home for DD and I. I'd rather he brought home flowers but beggars can't be choosers. She's almost fine while I'm :

Ugh, age.
    I called in sick to work and I'm sitting here with my Kleenex and season 6 of Homeland so it's not all bad.
    Name:  8D292EE3-9C3C-4275-A0DF-8C3A2198CBD9.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  33.6 KB

Get well soon Gojays !!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning friends! TGIF.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Someone needs to explain to my Easter cactus that it's only February. It's just a little one and only brought three flowers, but those three flowers are blooming gloriously.
    So I think the two plants we have at home may both have identity crises...
    We have what we thought to be two Christmas Cacti. When we first got them (this is almost 10 years ago now) they would bloom once a season, around Christmas of course. But some years they decide they may be a Thanksgiving Cactus, and some years an Easter Cactus...some years they bloom mid summer!

Right now, we've have a gorgeous white with light pink streaked one blooming...it's been blooming for at least three weeks...
    @GoJays , how long have you had your Cactus? Is it in it's formative years and have you had 'The Talk' with it yet ...and a good mom, you know that needs to happen!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning! My Christmas Cactus used to regularly bloom around American Thanksgiving. I have an amaryllis that I just cut the fading blooms from, but there are 2 more stalks coming up, still. Mother Nature has her own code.

@GoJays , I hope you had a good night's rest.

Too tired to type. Zzzz

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, still feeling like garbage, another sick day from work. But this too, shall pass..... eventually. Thanks for the well-wishes everyone I managed to drink a coffee, so not all hope is lost..lol
    So, in my research yesterday, I discovered that there is also a Thanksgiving cactus! I thought there were only Christmas and Easter.

Who woulda thunk it? Well, besides a botanist, of course. But look, all this time I thought I had a Christmas cactus in the past, it turns out it's always been a Thanksgiving cactus. This time around though, I definitely have an Easter cactus. The flower is a pretty starburst rather than the flipped-inside-out like the other two. To answer your question @danger_dan , I only bought the little plant last winter, it's only in a three inch pot. I repotted it during the fall from his original two inch pot. Moving up in the world! But not ready yet for "the talk" @avoncallingu - I have an amaryllis bulb that I bought a couple of years ago. First year, I got a beautiful flower stalk that was so heavy that one day it tipped the entire pot over and broke off. I tried again two more times to rebloom it but no luck. All I got were very long, strappy leaves. No sign of a flower stalk. So that's it, he's worn out his welcome.
    Ok, off to find a couple of memes and then lay back down. Good thing the children are fairly well self-sufficient.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    So interesting to look back at the month!

Attachment 349229
    @Natalka , those are the stupidest temperatures I've ever seen. Oh look, the 27th was downright balmy!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

LOL. Now *I* have to buy a cactus just to be able to chat about it. Get well GoJay! If you are tolerating coffee then a big fat cheeseburger can't be too far off in your future. It is a long work day for me...again. But DH is insisting that we take a few days off and travel by train to Halifax when my project is done. Actually, he doesn't have to insist very much because train travel is one of my favorite things. Enforced idleness. Yes.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

@GoJays , wishing you a speedy recovery; it's amazing how a cold germ can still lay us so low.

@wendymac , I also LOVE train travel! Amof, with our 50th anniversary next summer, we've been going through so many options to celebrate it, from Europe (but I don't want to fly overseas again) to the Caribbean (which has never called to me), a cruise anywhere would be lovely, but only from Montreal to NYC (but I don't think cruise ships are allowed on the St Lawrence anymore), so I suggested a leisurely train trip from TO to the east coast! On and off in various cities! Right?! Rent a car when we get there...Dh said he'd rather drive. Sigh. Of course with every train crash on the news, he'll look over his glasses at me, lol, suggesting train travel is unsafe. Hahaha...the debate continues. I'm right, it just takes him time to figure that out sometimes!
    How long would your train trip take?

Ok....enough for now from me.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Lynn49...you go girl! And go by train. LOL. We are in the planning stages right now, but the first stop will be Montreal because you are quite right...we can get on and off as we choose. I think we'll take a full week off but not much more. We are both in "paying off" mode--bills will DIE in 2019--and this makes us more diligent about work than I like. But this is a 1st world problem, isn't it? Complaining about people wanting to pay you money. The Halifax part will be wonderful, because Brad has never seen the city. It is not to be missed, and I think a slight chill in the air will more than be offset by the lack of tourists and the warmth of the people. On the train I intend to read a book I just bought on stoicism. Yep. It has been a tough winter! Hope yours has been better. And I will definitely write up our adventures on the trains.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Natalka, those are the stupidest temperatures I've ever seen. Oh look, the 27th was downright balmy!!
    We call that bikini weather, it's when we take off our bunnyhugs.

Good day, all!

Won't say much, just finished washing up and doing my skin meds, physio will be in.
    Am very much enjoying the PM's follies.

Such irony that PET took his famous walk in the snow lo those many years ago, around this date.

I love looking at the holiday cacti and got a small one last year but, alas, I killed it good...

Have a great day, will come back later.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've heard great things about the Rocky Mountaineer @Lynn49 . Check them on Tripadvisor. Make sure you check out some of the more than 1000 pictures.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@wendymac , I look forward to you sharing your train adventures with me...us!

Um.. @GoJays ..that Rocky Mountaineer goes through the rockys, right? So no. There is NO way I'm heading up those things ever again! Hate them!! As much as I hate snow? That's how much I hate the rockies!! Now the prairies...heavenly! I'll have to look up trains that go east, young woman!

Off to Fabricland for a couple of pieces of stuff I need....enjoy your day, everyone!!

Thread Information