User Tag List

Page 874 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 374 774 824 864 872 873 874 875 876 884 924 974 1374 1874 ... LastLast
Results 13,096 to 13,110 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oooo, such a beautiful picture!

Came to say goodnight as well.
    Physio was tough today with some probs. The PT said she thought the pain in the foot may have subsided, but it hasn't, so she is requesting an x-ray.

Milan just left, he came over after work to bring me a piece of lemon meringue pie ----- what a treat, it was so tart and so good, just such a change from anything here. He also brought pomegranate iced tea, and that was good.
    He is great at bringing me things with strong flavours, to counteract all the bland foods here.

So I need to fill some time to perk me up, it's 8 and I am so sleepy. I started watching the last season of the Great British Bakeoff, so I will watch the cakes one.

Goodnight, you wonderful people!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! I had my first dinner here. Lots of friendly, cheerful people. It was a buffet starting with a yummy, creamed lentil soup. Then a choice between veal cutlets, tilapia, ham and something else that I don't remember. There were roasted potatoes and mixed, real large vegetables. There was dessert but I was so slow eating and chatting but it had disappeared (not that I needed it! - I was stuffed!)

I have to be over for the official move at my "old place" at 8 tomorrow morning. I didn't quite get everything in boxes, but I put everything that was left in the kitchen. I have access until Friday so the rest will get moved out and carpet clean as well as the rest of the house, on Thursday.

My BrotherB filled up my storage area with my Christmas stuff tonight and then I spent more time packing.

Well, good night, my friends!

@Natalka - I'm not happy that you are having this uncontrolled pain.

@walkonby , my stepson posted a very funny picture of the CN Tower being hit with a major "Bolt " of lightning (from Tampa Bay he claims &#128521

March Madness advances.

Got to get to bed-

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

First of the day...

DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Here i go!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

@avoncallingu , I hope everything goes smoothly for your big move today...I hope you have a beautiful sunny day there, too!
    As to ALL those cheerful people...{{{shudder}}}...better you than me...hahaha. that would be too stressful for me. Now a room full of cheerful doggies? Heaven!

@Natalka , your pt seems to be on the ball...how long has it been since you've been ex-rayed? What about an ultrasound if it's a soft-tissue problem? Hope they get to the bottom of it.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @Newfiescreech - what a wonderful experience you had, thanks for sharing the photos!

Good morning, all! Woke up in scads of pain a few hours ago, but just got meds. Physio isn't until three, but often they may stop by if someone has time.

Gotta go, aide is getting me a basin of water to wash up.

Laters.
    Good Morning Natalka..your welcome sweetie..just hope the pain in your foot gets better soon ..you been doing so good ..cant have you in pain again ..hope they fine out whats causing you to have all that pain ..will you try sweetie have great day ..always thinking about you and my thoughts and prayers are with you ..take good care yourself sweetie
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  4293B470-E1E3-4771-A1AE-994E91F9C405.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  69.4 KB

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone..the sun is shining out there today and it’s +5 ..wow !! Hopefully spring is just around corner ..please !! No more snow Mother Nature..thank you ..we need lots of sunshine now ..
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ouch! @walkonby , I just saw and HEARD that homophobic slur during the Leafs' game last night by (supposedly) Reilly, who yelled at one of the referees. Not something he'll be proud of, I hope, wonder what will come of it for him?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good day all my SC friends. @Lynn49 I didn’t watch the Leafs game last night was too busy watching the kids Baking Championship that I am addicted to but I did hear my DH screaming and saying some not so nice words. Will have to look it up to see how much Riley would be in. @Natalka hope you are not in too much pain today. @avoncallingu hoping you move goes smoothly. Your dinner last night sounds like fun
    Well I am off to see my Aunt and spend the day with her . It should be a fun afternoon for me.
    Everyone enjoy your day

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, everything except what I didn't finish packing is here. VERY smooth and professional move. Started at 8:00 finished at 11:30. One small (I hope) glitch- as I was driving into the driveway at my "old" building, something fell from the roof/building and caused a Crack in my windshield. Haven't reported it to my insurance as yet- but did tell the superintendent and my landlady. I haven't had a phone that works in the same place as I am up until now.

I am now surrounded by boxes! BOXES and MORE BOXES! My furniture fits and looks quite nice.

I'm exhausted and must get some sleep. A little 2 hour nap and then back to the "old" place to finish packing up and cleaning.

Thanks for all your encouragement during this process! You are great buddies!

BFN!
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, @avoncallingu - gosh, just so much work for you! At the new place, do you subscribe to a meal plan, or is it a la carte - just for when you want a meal provided?
    Glad you know to take breaks, and remember that one can live with some boxes yet unpacked!

Good day, everyone! Just icing my foot from therapy which was just after 10. Did five sit/stands - to torture, or as the physio assistant says ''strengthen" my hamstring muscles up into my butt muscle. Then went for a walk.

I have another half hour until my next session, which she thought would probably be a walk.

Good news in that I got one drug back, the one I can take a half hour before therapy. Any little bit helps.

What I don't like about the warmer temps is that often there is little to no sun.
    The most wonderful thing about minus twenties and colder is basking in the very strong, bright sun.

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!
    wendymac and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ouch! @walkonby , I just saw and HEARD that homophobic slur during the Leafs' game last night by (supposedly) Reilly, who yelled at one of the referees. Not something he'll be proud of, I hope, wonder what will come of it for him?
    @Lynn49 I was too busy watching highlights of the Raptor's brawl and missed all the gossip about what Reilly had supposedly said to a ref!? So I just Googled and saw this news release.

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey...hobic-slur-nhl

After investigating, apparently he didn't say what they accused him of doing.
    Remember when Kevin Pillar made a homophobic slur at a pitcher? He had to apologize, pay a fine, missed some games and went to school to learn that words like that hurt people.

Glad Reilly was cleared anyways.

So....the sun is out, my physio workout went well this morning but I could have bopped my adorable young trainer in her nose because all this time she never told me I could have had my hands resting on the bench as I did the V-Sit exercise. ( she has us hold the position for 1 full minute ) Grrrr!
    I was doing it today alongside another member and said " hey! her hands on the bench....am I allowed to do that? " They both laughed and then my trainer said " the first time I had you do this one, you did it without the crutch of your hands, so I did not tell you that resting your hands down is the modified version "
    Then she said " you are killing these exercises! you are a beast! "

Yeah, yeah..... don't think flattering me will make this any better!

After class I hit Sobeys to replenish all my " leafy greens ", then sauntered around the store and picked up 2 family sized trays of extra lean gr. beef on sale.
    Put a lovely big fat rainbow trout into my cart, ( marked down to $5.00 ) thankfully the head was cut off.
    I sauteed that sucker up slowly in a pan as soon as I got home. Enough for 3 meals if I stretch it out some.
    The bone came away from the flesh after it was cooked in one easy piece.....I love when that happens.

o.k. enough food talk.

Everyone enjoy what remains of this gorgeous Tuesday!!

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Honestly thought we both heard it, @walkonby .https://twitter.com/i/status/1105325917373587456

If not him, someone e sure said it! Very clearly on this video.....
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information