User Tag List

Page 878 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 378 778 828 868 876 877 878 879 880 888 928 978 1378 1878 ... LastLast
Results 13,156 to 13,170 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Great to hear about the Leafs!
    @flemeth you are my weather report- I didn't bring hat, heavy coat or mittens to Chatham and boy! walking the 20 yards from the car to the door if the hotel was frigid with the wind last night.

Hope you have a great Saturday!
    Bye for now!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday!

First of all, an apology - to those of you who diagnosed me with plantar fasciitis, and I had said no - so apparently this is now the diagnosis.

I have to get a Strassburg sock to help out that foot. My husband will have to pick it up at a specialty pharmacy here.
    My foot hurts so badly, the PT has barred me from walking again today. I went to exercise group in a wheelchair.

I am just SO frustrated at all this. The Dr had come in to see me this morning just after I had taken a few steps and was crying. She left to give me some time, but came back to talk with me. She said with the foot, nothing much can be done, and just has a hope my pain can be managed.

So poop to all this crap added on that I must deal with.
    Oh wait, there's more.... My son took off my stockings yesterday and saw a spot of blood on the left shin. It was the right which had owies on it Wednesday, now there are more on the left.

What the heck else is going to be thrown at me? Gah!

I miss my sunshine, perky, fun self. I am now a grumpy ogre.

Hope you all gave a super Saturday!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    ...missing @GoJays for a few days...March break...my guess is the Little Jays have been using up their allotted interwebs time and our friendly bluebird has been left without interwebs access for a while...
    @danger_dan! How well you know me!

Did all y'all miss me? We were doing so well, almost made it to the end of the month and then suddenly 38gb in one day!! No idea how that happened. We don't download or stream anything and I seriously doubt that pinterest takes up that much. Anyhoo, 11gb over for the month = $22.00. Grumble grumble. The worst part was I had accidentally used up most of my phone data in a moment of stupidity. I was at home scrolling through pinterest one day and didn't realize that I had accidentally turned off the wifi on the phone. I was using all of my data and didn't notice until I got a notification saying that I was close to going over. D'oh!! I now am aware of many free wifi spots in my area. Three more months and we can dump Cogeco and go with Virgin for everything - internet (unlimited for a better price than what we're paying for 175gb with Cogeco) and mobile phones. We're probably going to dump the home phone once and for all.

Anyway, we went down to St. Catharines today for the Book Outlet annual box sale. I just finished adding it all up. We got two boxes, $35 for each. So for $70 we got over $1800 worth of books. Yay us! Off I go to find some memes.

And sitting here watching the Jays lose to the Yankees right now. A Jays loss is better than any hockey win in my opinion.... sorry @walkonby
    Last edited by GoJays; Sat, Mar 16th, 2019 at 03:35 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quick pop in. Hi everyone! @GoJays , that's a lot of you've got there...better get out the wine...
    Enjoy the rest of your weekends!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nat-sounds like you had a bad day and have had a rotten string of bad luck when you were making great progress-1 step forward and two steps back. Very frustrating I know! We are all cheering you on and hope they can get that foot and pain under control for you sooner rather than later. Hugs.
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Darn it all @Natalka ( plantar fasciitis ) well at least those of us that have dealt with that know exactly how it feels. Yeah, banned from walking now eh? JUST what you did not need as you were killing it with your progress.
    The owies they have discovered cropping up on your shin and legs, are they infections? Bummer.

I am in a great state of mind after fretting for nothing over the weigh-in.
    Lost 3 lbs but it was ALL water weight loss? So weird as all the other drops have been mostly fat lost.
    A wonderfully optimistic member gave me words of encouragement at class and said " you did something right over the last 2 weeks!, you kept your sodium intake low "
    She herself struggles with " savory cravings " and often that is what keeps her scale high at weigh in.
    I love a glass half full kind of gal! Thanks friend!

Jays start at 1 p.m. today....I'll watch, why not!?
    I am silent screaming at that pi** poor performance from our Leafs last night. Would it kill y'all to have a win on the Sat. when DH is watching??! Thank goodness I cooked up a delicious batch of wings for us in the Air fryer! Raw wings that cooked up crispy from their nekkid beginnings adding only " legal " Poon spices and no dipping sauces!
    Found some sale bags of Skillet Gnocchi ( just $2.00 each! ) at GT this morning....DH will enjoy those later this afternoon.
    Enjoy the afternoon folks....I heard that Spring is almost here!!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Enjoy the afternoon folks....I heard that Spring is almost here!!!!
    Believe it when you see it..... It's nice today but cool. Very chilly wind. But at least it's sunny
    Now I must go out for a furnace filter.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So cute that most staff have tried to wear something green, my aide has added to that flashing green pompom earrings!
    @lizzie bargain - yes, totally frustrating. I did too much crying yesterday, especially when my husband was here. It's so much nicer share good news of progress, obviously.
    @walkonby - none of the owies is infected, thank goodness. There are six on the left shin, two on the right. Could tell at least one on the left was a blister for sure, but all of them might have been, hard to tell. Any openings on my skin anywhere are cause for concern for me.

Last night, an evil aide from a few weeks ago was on. I just made sure I didn't have to call for any help. However, this morning I had to call for help, and the nurse from the other pods answered it. Before she came into my room the aide told her to make sure I did whatever it was by myself.

Once the nurse came in and saw me, she helped me right away, then asked who helped me out of bed and to walk earlier. I said I did it myself. She asked why
    why i didn't call for help, so I told her the truth. She was some unhappy.

Today, great nurse, decent aide. No worries if I need help, but they are one less person, so they are spread more thinly than usual.

Husband went to get that special stocking, but they had to order one in because of my skinny little calves - 14 and 1/2 inches.

So for those of you who had this, tell me how it was for you and what worked. Of course I know everyone is different.

I have no physio booked today, but I am pretty sure someone will come by. I make sure I keep moving, doing the exercises for my back/legs, and my hand.

Gotta go, lunch is here. Roast beef sandwich, minestrone soup, celery sticks, apple slices, tea.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi everyone! Well, everything is here and everything over "there" is as clean as I can get it without killing myself.

I had a very hard time getting up the two sided tape that had held down the foyer rug. There am I sitting on my jacket on the tile floor convincing the tape to "Let GO, already!"

It took me an hour at least to get it up and the the process of getting up was a sight to see! I thought I was going to go right through the drywall as I lost my balance getting up but everything was fine.

I took Tootie to the vet who agreed that the last stitch looks a bit infected. So she got an anti-biotic shot that lasts 2:weeks and I am to have her use the cone or get something that will cover up that part of her so she can't lick. He said that last stitch can take an out 3 months to dissolve and if she gets bacteria in it, she could get a bad internal infection.

So -baby pajama bottoms, here we go. Value Village is the best place to get them, or the Mennonite Relief Store.

Speaking of Data usage-mine has shot through the roof because I didn't have Internet at both places.

Got to get some laundry done as it's nearly swim suit bottoms time, if you catch my drift.

20,000 students are expected to invade "Ezra Avenue " where each St. Patrick's Day thousands gather to drink and slosh around and do nasty things having to do with bodily fluids and wave at mom on camera and dress in green and generally cause mayhem. I have to be careful where I stand on this, considering my own university rowdiness at times. It's like Friday 13th celebrations in Port Dover. People of all kinds flow in from everywhere. ( Port Dover features motor cycles, however. )

Well, I need a little rest. Tootie has been playing in mud puddles the whole time she has been away, I am sure, but the vet says no baths or grooming for another 2 weeks. I think that I will wash her a bit at a time, staying away from critical parts.

See you later!

Thread Information