User Tag List

Page 893 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 393 793 843 883 891 892 893 894 895 903 943 993 1393 1893 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,395 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My phone is finally turned on. Big messy wait for a 10 minute job. Now I have a new telephone number with a totally new area code that I have never heard of -548- People are going to think I am a telemarketer when I call them. 😁

So, if you ever phone me- I will private message you my new number, if you let me know.

Today is supposed to be the best day this week. I was out for a little walk with Tootie, but I have been waiting in for the cleaning person and the Rogers guy. Now I will go to supper at 5.

When I am done, I will take her out again. She has been feeling a little punky today, I think. Having me be able to stay home all day has helped.

I am cooking her some squash which will help with her tummy if that is the issue.

I received the repayment for my cancelled January trip today. That is good.

I also got a thank-you letter from Social Security for returning a cheque but I didn't return a cheque. So my plan was to phone Social Security today after the phone was installed. I forgot they are closed on Wednesday afternoons.

Oh well-it's sunny!!!

See you later!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahahaha...Avon, if they SAID you returned the cheque and wiped the slate clean, then leave well enough alone! If they ask for it again.....then send it along!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Mar 27th, 2019 at 05:53 PM.
    Newfiescreech and wendymac like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh @Lynn49 they actually owe me that money and much more. That was the amount that was returned when I couldn't get down to Niagara Falls the week I was moving. Now they have stopped paying me again, altogether.

Good thing I persevere with things.

I found the bills from u-haul. When you buy a package of boxes, they will take back the ones you don't use. I have a few to return. I want to get rid of the ones that I HAVE used but I don't want to just throw them out. I may put a little ad in Kijiji. I don't really want any money but just to have them re-used.

I spent the morning re-organizing my drawers and closet. It's time to start thinking about spring and summer footwear and clothing. And also time to get my winter tires changed. That will guarantee another snow storm! 😀

Going to catch up with you later!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    How true, @GoJays ! Boggles the mind how those ladies in the 1940s, 50s looked so glamorous without the 3 billion choices we have today, and women keep falling for it! How we even accomplished it in the 60s with Breck shampoo, soap and water to "remove our foundation" and shower with, and when our choices were Max Factor, Revlon and Maybelline! Billions these days spent on cosmetics because manufacturers tell us about all our flaws that simply must be covered or otherwise dealt with! And let's not forget fake, made-up ingredients like one particular overpriced shopping channel make-up they're ga-ga over! And while were at it, just how can those gals shilling that crap tell us that every one of them is "just the best!"?!
    Boggles the mind. But like lemmings...over the hill those of lesser brain go!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Mar 27th, 2019 at 09:16 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am back!

This morn was quite busy with physio first thing - went for a walk, practiced step-ups on the stairwell, then did the Sci-Fit. Finally got my left foot actually moving up a step - just the motion of up with each foot, not actually going up the step. Actual stairs will be attempted next week.

After physio, iced my foot and cooled down, washed up, then it was time for rounds when the therapy team comes weekly to visit. All was positive this week, no change in my discharge date, April 22.

Aft was just doing a few sets of exercises, mostly for my right foot and left hand, and for my knees.

Had a lot of chillaxing time.

Have a good evening and a great sleep, everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I make this face when I am given coffee with sugar in it

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good Morning folks!

Happy Spring @GoJays !
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, @GoJays , @flemeth , @danger_dan !
    Jay's, we haven't even seen that spring yet, still deep in the most snow we've received in ages!

Enjoy your day, everyone! If it really does hit +7 today, I may attempt to take Jenny for a walk now that the streets are clear of snow and ice.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I must agree about the lack of actual Spring weather here, although we sure don't have the hanging on snow piles like you do @Lynn49 . I am recording the Blue Jays Home opener in case I forget to sit and take it in this afternoon.
    Hey @GoJays how did you feel about them trading Morales? When I told DH he said " good riddance ".
    Wow, eh...one day you're a hero, the next a zero.

So if anyone wants to shed a tear like I did last night at the Leafs " doing it again! " Blowing that 2-0 lead. I was so ecstatic when Brown, Kadri and Nylander had all finally scored goals....too bad it was in a game that they lost in a shootout.

Off to physio soon...everybody play nice in here!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks @danger_dan , always a good one in my opinion
    @walkonby - meh. That's about the long and the short of it. I was never a big fan of his therefore you may mark me under the 'indifferent' column.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information