User Tag List

Page 948 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 448 848 898 938 946 947 948 949 950 958 998 1048 1448 1948 ... LastLast
Results 14,206 to 14,220 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We ended up in a playoff game at 8:30 last night. I've never wanted a baseball game to end so badly. It was so cold out there. And we lost.

Right. How stupid of me
    wendymac, Natalka and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wendymac, Natalka and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays - ah, that last one made me actually snort when I laughed!

Yesterday was pretty much a do-nothing day for both of us, husband was in a world of hurt and I was having trouble hobbling around.

Hoping today is a good one for us all!

Name:  facebook_1558222507859.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  13.8 KB

This is SO true!
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, May 19th, 2019 at 12:10 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    yes!!! There it is, my Sunday giggle courtesy of Jays!! Ratso about losing that playoff baseball game and also for getting chilled while out there. Lets hope the remainder of your long weekend is joyful.

Our weekend is starting off slower than I wanted to ( task wise we had HUGE plans ) partially because of this nonsense weather, but also DH is still recuperating from an insane bout of a cold/sore throat/muscle aches/no energy whatever it was that he caught a week ago. I mean he is functioning but not on all cylinders.

because of that, we did not head out to the front yard until late Sat. afternoon and between the 2 of us we only managed to get 2 extra long window boxes and 4 large pot planters filled up with colourful annuals. Then he whispered to me in exhaustion " tomorrow is another day ".
    I could not have dashed inside fast enough! I only have my best energy in the a.m.

While he was still asleep today I tackled some of the backyard ones, filling up 2 long window boxes, 2 hanging baskets and a weirdo triangle pot that pairs with 2 more of that style ( they all stack on top of each other ). Not sure if I'll fill those other 2 and stack them.....I ran outa energy just before the sunshower arrived.
    I hope none of these beautiful flowers I planted all by myself die, I am famous for killing plants.

hey @avoncallingu why can't Tootie " hear " the noise of the fireworks? Does she have hearing loss? If so, I envy her, as my 2 shih tzu's still ( and have always ) freaked out the moment they hear fireworks or thunder outside.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh @walkonby - I thought you knew, Tootie is totally deaf. I have taught her some signs but she is really afraid of people - mostly men, things with wheels, like walkers and people carrying bags.

This weather change has brought on a big migraine for me. I was supposed to go to a movie - The Dog's Journey - this afternoon but the people who were to pick up the dog that my friend had been caring for have not shown up yet.

No big deal as my head is a mess but I was going to take Tootie with me to stay an extra night with that friend, but won't if there is a mix up with dates. She doesn't need 3 dogs- 2 of which are scared of thunder and fireworks.

But when I feel like this, I have to just hunker down, take some meds a d wait til it passes, so I can't get anything else done either.

Hope all the campers are safe and sound.

Just got in from walking Tootie and the wind gusts were incredible! Not cold but SO strong!

See you later!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We're just getting the beginnings of your storm @avoncallingu . The clouds rolled in, the wind kicked up and my satellite is glitching. I looked up the radar picture - it's one heckuva rain system. Once it starts, it should go for the rest of the night.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  78F34689-66B3-46A4-80F1-DCDD851D55CB.jpeg
Views: 185
Size:  67.4 KB
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    animals....how they grab my heart! I was sad to hear that Grumpy Cat ( aka Tardar Sauce? ) passed at such a young age, was that the direct result of her having feline dwarfism?
    The upside down racoon was good for a hoot, glad he was rescued though, all that blood rushing to his head was probably dizzying!

I was NOT a happy camper this morning but I am much better now. PC Optimum usually adjusts missing points lickety split when I put an inquiry online. Sometimes on the same day comes the " sorry we have inconvenienced you " email response with the missing points added.

The response I got however was an accusation that I had NOT loaded my offers prior to shopping....such liars!
    I fed them an earful saying as much in my reply to that message, and then I phoned them.
    The points ( just under 3,000.....nothing huge but good grief! ) will of course ALL be added, the CS rep told me atm she was having difficulty logging into the site.
    Yeah, I told her JUST like yesterday morning, it took me about 7 tries to get in!
    She also said they had installed new software that was causing havoc amongst members getting their digital offers to come up.
    So there! HRMPH!!

Then if that was not bad enough I had bought a seedless watermelon yesterday to have for the long weekend, BUT I hate surprises so I cut it open as soon as i got home. At first I thought " hooray! a nice deep red one ", followed by " oh DAMN! why is this all rubbery/spongy inside?? "

I could not bring it back till first thing this a.m. when they opened, had some of the evidence in a large ziplock.
    Head of Produce was not available, so I went to returns desk and the cashier INSISTED that I must have the entire whole watermelon with me for any refund or exchange.......bwahahaha!!
    Ya think that stops me lady??
    I live very close to this store, so i drove back home and grabbed the bag out of the bin....I really don't care what was under the melon inside this bag, I just double bagged it and went back.

Same gal processed the refund, not even asking name or phone number which they always seem to do??
    Then she muttered " have a nice weekend " to which I snappily replied " go F yourself! "
    Yes. I DID THAT. I don't care anymore.
    You insinuated something by making me return the entire melon? What on earth did you need that bag of rotted produce for?
    I showed you the condition of the insides.....honestly!!
    I hope everyone that bought one of their $4.00 melons brings them back as well.
    Walkonby..I can’t blame you sweetie..enough is enough of rotten 🍉 fruits etc. Hope you have a wonderful long weekend..weather is the Pitts here ..don’t think were going see sun anymore..will never get any flowers in pots around here until the middle of june .have wonderful evening and Take good care yourself
    ROMEO, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi from Batmans!
    Yep, rain, rain, but nothing boots, coats, ponchos, etc can't handle. Most of today was dreary, little rain until early evening, but we had dinner then went to the kids' trailer to play euchre and Phase 10 which I won for a change! Were back in our trailer, in our new recliners, watching MyBestFriend'sWedding (love it), and will hit the sack soon.

Wifi is sketchy, so I'll keep this short, I hope everyone's enjoying the long weekend!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

holiday Monday BUMP!!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone Hope you all are had a great weekend. Just realized I did t check I. Here for days.
    Was busy with a 50th Birthday event on Saturday for my cousin wife
    I also had a cousin Son got married and there festivities started from a Thursday until Yesterday. I will need to get lots of rest to be back to my self. All things considered it was a great weekend with lots of fun.

Not sure if I am the only getting issues with sending messages. Will have to catch up on every post soon.
    Enjoy your Extra day everyone.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Monday!

Enjoying the extra day with husband at home!

Make sure you have some fun today!

Name:  Victoria Days.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  30.0 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, May 20th, 2019 at 09:28 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information