User Tag List

Page 987 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 487 887 937 977 985 986 987 988 989 997 1037 1087 1487 ... LastLast
Results 14,791 to 14,805 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Haggis and Black Pudding for breakfast with good Scottish coffee. What could be better!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Newfiescreech, wendymac and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello @flemeth
    Newfiescreech, wendymac and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good day all!
    More sunshine!! We are spoiled!
    First of all any cat lovers? Here is a wee freebie I stumbled on in WalMart!

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/429354...7/#post6987913

I for sure would never buy these hilariously tiny trays of cat " soup ? " but as a freebie my cats loved them and I always enjoy getting a freebie.

So....anyone ever but these double packs of Silani brand cheese slices from WM?

They come in a variety of types, we usually grab Havarti and Swiss.
    However, I had to return all the ones I bought yesterday because something is NOT right in Denmark ( or wherever these cheeses were shipped from, lol )

DH opened up the Swiss to top his burger yesterday and the one side of slices was a solid fused together piece of cheese....
    ha ha
    I am sure it was fine to eat BUT the whole idea is you want a single slice on yer bun. We opened the other side and then the Havarti,....they were all the same.

It is my belief that the heat got to these in transit somehow, melting them all together. Another pet peeve is why did the manufacturers not place a single thin piece of parchment paper in between each slice?? That may have avoided this disaster?
    I was trying to get a manager to take all of them off the shelf after I returned the ones I bought but no manager seemed to be available?? Whatever.
    Just a heads up IF you are buying ( or already bought ) these....they MAY have been sitting in a " not as cold as needed " environment at one time and now they are back in the refrigerated section...beware?

babies teach us acceptance

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Reminder – never christen your child ‘Shark’. It’s a nightmare calling them in off the beach.
    Newfiescreech and wendymac like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

@walkonby - thank you for the heads up re: the kitty food coupon!

A cool day here, it feels like it might rain. We have the windows and doors wide open and 2 friends of DH coming by shortly to dig up a rotten wood floor, replace it, and throw out the mouldy/musty carpet and padding that covered it. Tip of the iceberg re: what needs to be done in the house, but it is a start and it will be a relief to have it finished. I am very grateful for DH's friends helping us on their days off (both just finished a two week stint at a work camp doing construction).

Zucchini, which usually grows like a weed, would just not get started this summer, despite several plantings of seeds! I finally got some going on a heat mat, indoors, and have transplanted them out to the garden. Next will be yellow summer squash. I hope to have a good supply to make relish, to dehydrate some for soups, and to share some with friends.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Been really trying the last few days to keep going with my exercise. Yesterday I walked 10 miles and today 5 miles. Also did 30 min ddpy workout called 1 on 1 with Haydn. Hope everyone has a week ahead.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Lol, @avoncallingu, what shape is that hat in? Dh lost his a few years ago. Jk.......doesn't need another one.

Nice that you and your farmers got some much needed rain, @Natalka. We don't want any here, lol...75 and sunny. DD and SIL are supervising the boys at the lake, they swam out to the floating dock, having loads of fun. Apparently. DD took his kayak out for a tour around the bay and reported back...I stay out of the sun.

Family BBQ later...much later.

I sure hope everyone's enjoying this weather we all waited far too long for.

Only 186 days until Christmas!

OMG .. Lynn ..look what your talking about Christmas..really ..omg !! we need some spring weather and yes its summer on the calendar but we dont have that season either yet .Gee ..whats up with our weather cold and raining here this morning.yes !! It did warm up some not a lot .yepper we still got rain off and on .how’s everything going with you sweetie? Hope all is well .wondering if anyone else is still having troubles with seeing who rep them and reading private messages .
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  49457D16-18DD-4BD0-97C8-36BC43E5752F.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  69.7 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    OMG .. Lynn ..look what your talking about Christmas..really ..omg !! we need some spring weather and yes its summer on the calendar but we dont have that season either yet .Gee ..whats up with our weather cold and raining here this morning.yes !! It did warm up some not a lot .yepper we still got rain off and on .how’s everything going with you sweetie? Hope all is well .wondering if anyone else is still having troubles with seeing who rep them and reading private messages .
    G'day, @Newfiescreech , yes I caught something on the weather network about your weather out east and it didn't look good at all, so I hope that turns around soon for you. Maybe the gorgeous summery weather we've been having will be heading your way!! Fingers crossed.

Doin' fine here, Screech, just got back from camp and sorry to mention it, but it was bright, sunny and near 80s which was great for our GS who had a friend join him this weekend; they had a blast, and now his friend wants his parents to buy a park trailer where we all are. DD will chat with her about that. She kept sending pictures of the boys to his Mom who was in tears when he left with our SIL and GS for camp from school on Friday, his first time away from home alone. They also chatted on the phone, so she finally could relax knowing her son was in good hands. Of course she knew that already but still....it was hard for her and her hubby to let him go. Kids, huh?

Chin up, Screech, I'm sure summer is on its way!!
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Newfiescreech - yes, everyone can't access those. Moderator Fallen Pixels contacted owner Boo about it a while ago, but has not gotten any reply.

@walkonby - I am so jealous of you cross-stitching, I miss it so much!
    Since you do your own framing, do you get pieces drycleaned, then laced/ stretched by a framer - or do you do the latter yourself?

I have so many pieces waiting to be framed, but haven't because of the expense of stretching and framing. Dry-cleaning is cheap, at least where I take mine.

Husband was fixing the dryer today, took it all apart (as he has many, many times), then he was teed off at himself when he discovered it just needed a new breaker. He has gone to pick one up from his Warehouse.

I have generally felt decent, just some nausea since Thursday. Ankle is in almost-new shape, which is great. Hamstrings still hurt like hell, they are the name of my existence!

Hope you are having a restful Sunday!

Name:  facebook_1561136319661.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  27.4 KB
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1561182303444.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  26.1 KB
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good evening everyone. A nap @Natalka ? yeah I went for one this afternoon, but it sure was not " coma-worthy ".
    Just enough for me to get some new energy, and as I slept DH and DS managed to complete another section of the back breaking work ( which is the walkway ) .
    The stonework surrounding the patio stones look amazing already, totally transforms our front yard look. Cannot wait till DH back rests up and they can do another section maybe next weekend?
    As for you hubby taking apart that dryer Natalka, boy I can imagine his frustration at finding out the cause of the malfunction
    ( the breaker ), but good it was nothing more major.
    We have awesome hubbies!

Oh yes and about all of the cross stitch projects I have done....I am simply WAAAYY too cheap to ever pay a pro to do what they do....stretch or whatever to display the item in a frame. I know that it would look 10 times better when done that way but I just can't bring myself to spend the dough doing that.
    I am sure the cost of the frame alone would put me into that coma we mentioned earlier....ha ha

So, I usually just gently " squeeze wash " the item by hand myself with gentle soap and water, never wringing it. then it drys flat, then I iron it face down, placed between 2 soft towels, usually using the steam function on my iron.

I've discovered this sticky firm board stuff that lets you firmly adhere the back of the item to the sticky side of the board, then it slips nicely into the frame under the glass and that gives the fabric a nice flat look, no wrinkling.
    The thing is I am kind of impatient...bwahahaha!! DH laughs when I say that out loud.
    So, when I am done stitching something I want it in a frame and on a wall ASAP.

When I eventually post a pic some of you expert craftspeople will notice the obvious stitching flaws ( there are many ) but at least the kitty looks super adorable!

Shout out to @cabmonk who is rocking his fitness training into some serious transformation of success!! What an accomplishment, stand proud my friend.

Have a lovely evening all!!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information