User Tag List

Page 990 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 490 890 940 980 988 989 990 991 992 1000 1040 1090 1490 ... LastLast
Results 14,836 to 14,850 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@GoJays I am happy to know that your DS managed to stay all day at school today
    GoJays, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Thanks for your kind words, everyone He managed to stay in school for the entire day today, so a small victory.

I love hostas @Lynn49, I have several in the yard and also in pots. I have a few miniature ones too, they are so adorable. Despite their diminutive size, they never fail to come back every year. They're hardier than you think. I'll take a couple of pictures if I remember tomorrow or so.
    Oh, absolutely, @GoJays...love pics and can't agree more about their hardiness and willing to grow under less than perfect conditions/soil! With the ones our camp neighbour wants to give us, I'll have an entire forest on the go! I'll take pics next weekend if this ol' brain remembers! I also wanted to take a pic of our new deck fence last weekend with the sign the kids gave us as one of our Christmas gifts , but yep......short attention span!

Happy to hear your son was able to get through the day at school, now on to grad!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jun 24th, 2019 at 08:33 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.

Seems I've been noticeably short with my posts of late...
    Life gets busy...but I do pop in to see what everyone is up to.

Back this afternoon.
    Have a wonderful day peeps!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Life does tend to get in the way of SC @danger_dan Where's that pause button......

Natalka, Lynn49, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ha! @GoJays ! That's how my husband got to be our cook!

Love hostas! We have some gigantic ones and some tiny ones on our grounds.

Managed to sleep in today. I have to go back to the church today and finish tidying up from the garage sale.
    This morning is "solve some money issues" - like why my new Master Card isn't working.

Seems like a pretty nice day.

@Lynn49 I know what you mean about it taking a day to recover from a day of activity.
    Bummer, eh?

Enjoy your day, my friends!
    Lynn49, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays - glad your son could get through a day.
    Oh, that last meme! For us, it was towels. I told them the long way first so they go over the towel bar without having to refold - same with kitchen ones. All it took was for me to mention that once.... So, never again; if he is kind enough to do them, let it be!

I am eating the tastiest, juciest pear ever! It's a bartlett, so no biggie, but I had already cut up an orange but remembered my husband had bought two pears - and they are perfectly ripe. So I am having the pear now, and will nibble on the orange slices through the morning.

Physiotherapist comes this afternoon. My ankle is totally heeled, so I imagine we will move on to the darned, horribly painful hamstrings. The last exercise she gave me has changed nothing.

In the news, ten years since Michael Jackson died. Re: the propyfol - reminded me of when I was in cardiac intensive care and was being given meds before the cardiologist was to put in the temporary pacemaker. There was a nurse on either side of my bed, and I remember this WHOOSH coming over my body as the meds took hold before he guided the wires below my right ear to across my chin.

It did not work well after a few tries, they took me to the Cath Lab to put the wires in through my groin. When I got back to CICU, the nurse asked if I remembered what I told her, I had not. She said I said so THIS is why people take drugs, it's awesome! Lol!

Well, onward and upward with the day, hope you all have a good one!
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  maury_isnt_needed_on.png
Views: 120
Size:  555.7 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Jun 25th, 2019 at 10:06 AM.
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, cath007 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

o.k. a few hostas maybe, however, they will be a fill in because I prefer things with flowers and hostas seem like too much greenery for me. We bought THREE of the Hydrangeas!! I convinced DD to head back over to that market with me and between the 2 of us " experts " we settled on buying 9 different potted items.

An English Daisy, 2 Shasta Daisy's, A black eyed Susan, then 2 smaller pots that were Mums, and of course the 3 hydrangeas. Also picked up a wee starter of 4 yellow zucchini plants for a buck!
    Once back home DH went Ga-Ga over the Daisys and the Susan...we knew he liked those, then he planted the zucchini straight away in the back yard barrel.

DD and I rolled up our sleeves, donned our gardening gloves and did ALL the back breaking clearing of the long patch of soil out front ( the area where we would plant all of these ) which included sorting out all the stones, leftover roots from mint and a gazillion other things that have taken root there, and also garbage!
    This took so much time....ugh!
    We found more bits of stuff that we have no idea how these plastic and metal items got in there?? We removed most of the crappy looking soil and laid down peat moss, then a layer of lovely nutrient filled compost from our back yard....before we placed all of the potted items in a row spaced apart pretty well ( their new home!!)
    We were DONE physically and needed a shower after all of that.
    My back has a twinge of pain today, wonder why? ha ha
    Natalka, Lynn49, Mechman47 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Good morning, everyone. Cool, cloudy weather continues here, as does the repair work/reconstruction of one of our rooms. This is a very small house, so when one room is out of commission - and all the stuff in that room gets shuttled to other places in the house and stacked - it feels a little claustrophobic. Still, I am so glad the work is being done. It is already easier to breathe! (There was a lot of mould and rot in the floorboards. Where is Mike Holmes and/or a lotto win when you need them? LOL!).

The garden is puttering along. The greens (kale, cabbage, etc), peas, carrots, etc seem to enjoy the cool June we've had. The squash and beans, not so much! Fingers crossed that July brings consistently warmer temps and that we have a warm September to extend the growing season.

Have a great day!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I keep trying to work on these moves. Definitely getting better at it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Damn upside down pic lol.
    Silk and cath007 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Damn upside down pic lol.
    upside down, right side up....whatever way they post cab, the point is you can do the moves!! I am still too frightened of triggering a vertigo episode. If I even TRY to do any movement where my head is turned and then lowered, yikes! I get a dizzy feeling right away.

What glorious hiking weather it is today ( well here I mean ) Did you get out on a nature trail walk this week? Honestly, the scenery in the pics you've posted are beautiful! back to nature!!
    I actually dozed off in the patio chair while reading about an hour ago......I knew I got up too early this a.m.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thank @walkonby raining last night and today. I did a ddpy workout yesterday and this morning. Just a few mins ago I followed a YouTube video about doing indoor running (in spot) it’s supposed to be 3 miles in 30 mins. My pacer app says I did 2 miles in 30 mins. I never paused and was listening to music. Wow was a sweaty at the end lol. Probably try to walk tomorrow or Thursday. Weather forecast keeps changing. Hope you are doing well today.

Thread Information