User Tag List

Page 994 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 494 894 944 984 992 993 994 995 996 1004 1044 1094 1494 ... LastLast
Results 14,896 to 14,910 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  .facebook_1561730620562.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  46.2 KB

@avoncallingu - when I got my first degree, I don't remember the number convocating, but it was huge. Second degree was at a fall Convocation instead of in May, so the numbers were fewer.

When our son graduated high school, the numbers were huge - so impersonal because of that.
    When I graduated high school, there were 51 of us, all girls - the largest graduating class they ever had.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

This sign is at my sister-in-law's school where she teaches - love it!

Name:  facebook_1561706368089.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  102.5 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jun 28th, 2019 at 10:21 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1561604220230.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  47.3 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

This was SO me!

Name:  facebook_1561485447118.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  47.9 KB

In kindergarten, teacher had a box drawn on the board, and your name would be in it if you were the 'chatterbox'. Yep, daily!

Grade one, my desk was moved to be right by the teacher's at the front of the room. Poor Sister Blanche!

Grade two - I had been accelerated to grade two in Feb of grade one. Of course, I had to make new friends. Result: bookbinding tape across mouth, legs tied to desk. Poor Miss Hauck! Gee, can you imagine what would happen if a teacher did that these days?

Other grades - having to kneel in the hallway because of talking. It was not fun being caught by my dad - who was the superintendent and had come to the school for a meeting - because that just meant I got disciplined at home, too.
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jun 28th, 2019 at 10:33 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@Natalka , you got me teary-eyed this morning....I recalled my Mom and all her friends singing that for us at our reception, just after dinner. Cried then, crying now, remembering them, particularly how happy my Mom and Dad were. Thanks for that sweet memory.
    You seem to have made some pretty darn good progress, Nat! I hope your strength continues to return and support you...all the best, Nat!

@avoncallingu , my parents and I did sit through my DH's university convocation. Outside. In sunshine! Lol! But it was all very moving... Hot, but moving.

We all attended GS's ceremony yesterday, and things changed for the better....the ceremonies were split up into 2, the younger ones earlier in the day, then the grades 5-6. No honour roll certificates presented, just 1 Academic Achievement per class and our GS was the fortunate one for his split 5-6 class.
    The grade 6-ers move on to another school next year so all the 5's from this year will be put back together in 2 classes. His, and our DD's former school will be closing, so he'll then move on to the high school our DD attended and where my DH taught until he retired.

Well, time to shower and get on with the day!

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jun 28th, 2019 at 10:33 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by natalka View Post
    Name:  facebook_1561604220230.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  47.3 KB
    Yes!!
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - that song is indeed special! There are so many variations on the melody, but that one is the most used. At our wedding, it was sung at the end of the ceremony, and also at the reception.

Today has been a good one! No knee pain, back pain eased off - now it's just the darned hamstrings. I just did some of the new exercises and they sure do pull! With any new exercise, it's stopping before the point of pain, and that takes some tries to figure it out - then reps can increase. One of them seemed easy-peasy, but when I did it, it was hard to get to five reps each leg! I will have to build to 10.
    This new physiotherapist sure knows what she is doing!

Had a very wee nap, had soup and a sandwich, I will try nap a bit more so I don't sleep in the evening.
    The way my son would phrase it: "Look at you, all napping and everything!" - of course, it needs to be said in his voice!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Lots of errands today and I did my first spin class. The only thing I had trouble with was doing the standing pedaling. She said don’t worry it’s something you need to work up to but you did great. I kept going for the whole 45 mins. Hope everyone has a good Canada Day long weekend.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Keeping this moving forward. I ate a bunch of junk yesterday which I usually don’t. Anyway still down from 250 a few days ago lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ whoopie! @cabmonk a SPIN CLASS?! OMG, I don't think I could do one. Good for you for persevering through all 45 minutes! Enjoy your Canada Day long weekend as well!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks @walkonby it was good but hard. I couldn’t do the standing pedal but she said that’s ok it takes time to work up to that but said I did great. Tomorrow is a bbq at aunts and she’s getting me some vegan stuff. Monday is a 5k race at 9am and Tuesday another spin class. I’m only going to do 2 a week. She said 2 days a week is a perfect way to start. Hope you have a good Canada Day weekend.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    I have been doing laundry, trying to get Tootie back on track and helping the lady with the broken arm today. Currently waiting for a call back from Tele health so she can talk with someone she trusts about what to do with her arm. - She has no sling and her fingers are swollen and bruised. She is confused about how "legal" it is to put ice on it, as the Internet says. She was to call the orthopedic surgeon after 3 days if she didn't hear from his office, but that puts it at Tuesday because of the long weekend and she broke it last Wednesday.

My brother B and family are coming for supper at 5 because I had some left over meal credit for June.

That's how a day can go by.!

Tootie has eaten a bit today and has had a small poop -sorry TMI- So I am not as worried as I was but she was very uncomfortable through the night.... waking every hour threatening to upchuck. But she did not.

I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED collecting everything together to file my 2018 taxes and also to back up 2016 and 2017 claims. I will make an appointment on Tuesday to go see the income tax guy.

It is an outdoor service tomorrow at church but no choir.

I am quite tired. Was hoping to get a couple of "last minute buys" on hanging baskets but that has not happened and probably won't.

I am really missing my coleus and morning glory but , although the birds have mostly gone, my balcony is still filled with poop. I want to speak directly to the maintenance guys who offered to do it before, because if you call down and "put it on the list," I am likely to be setting up a Christmas Tree out there before it gets done.

Well Telehealth said that they would call back in about 2 hours and that is soon, so I will go over to see my neighbor again. She can't really hear what they are saying even with her fancy phone machine.

Will chat later! Enjoy your Saturday, or I should say "Caturday" night.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Jun 29th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi !!! Quiet evening here….IT will rain and Wind all the evening from now and lots of thunderstorms,so i will rest and stay Inside.Ordering some compagnies coupons and watching-listening movies-music is on my menu for tonight.I take a break of cleaning my appart today.

Wishing everyone a great saturday evening and take all good care xxx!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, @cabmonk ! Congrats on the continued successes, I sure hope you are feeling the pride in your accomplishments!

Wishing you all a very Happy 🐈 urday!

Not much going on until I prep supper, our son is coming here later!

Have a super day!

Ooo, the floor!

Attachment 352970

Thread Information