User Tag List

Page 1037 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 37 537 937 987 1027 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1047 1087 1137 1537 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,555 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, I loved the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Enjoy!

@Lynn49 , are you making that yummy coleslaw that you told me about for the fish fry?

Had a nice day. Hugs from family. Supper with BrotherR, I also spent an hour and a half de-bird pooping my balcony- armed with toothbrush, stiff whisk broom, bleach, and windex.

Did get my table cleaned up and one corner mostly clean.

It was beautiful weather today. The kind that you might like to live over and over again.

Picked up a couple of interesting books at the Mennonite Relief Second hand store. I was looking for suspending shelving or brackets but they didn't have any. One book was a 1936 edition of "Uncle Tom's Cabin." The real Uncle Tom's Cabin is near my home in Chatham. I have never read the book. I don't even know if it is a fictional novel or based on true events.

The other was a book about antiques Called, "Things you might find in a Canadian Attic."

Yes, I do have varied interests! They were .50 each.

Well, I am going to check garage sale listings for tomorrow. I really don't want to pay full price for shelving.

Nighty night!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all .
    I am in NY will be spending some time here. The weather is beautiful. My DDs and I will be going to Madison Square garden today.

Hope everyone else is doing good will catch up on everyone post later . And check in from time to time

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Another ballpark ticked off the bucket list. Cleveland is a great city, would definitely return. Five stars. Walked over 18km today. Tomorrow, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then off to Akron, Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    @GoJays enjoy your trip. And all your adventures.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good early morning! (Early for me, at least)

Can't decide whether to zip out to some garage sales in search of shelving or to continue cleaning the balcony. (I know what I WANT to do😏!)

Another grand day is promised by the weather prognosticators.

Remember that I was talking about Uncle Tom's Cabin? Well, I just got info about a big celebration there today commemorating the end of slavery in the British Empire in 1836, I think. Wish I could go.

I left my housecoat on the end of the bed last night and guess who's snuggled up on it? Not the pool boy!

Well, enjoy whatever this lovely day holds for you!

TTFN!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@avoncallingu are you permitted to place a " scary " looking fake owl on your balcony to stop birds from dropping you those gifts? ha ha @cabmonk ty for letting me know more about the makeup of your menu and food choices. Seems what works well for some of us is a no-no for another.
    Isn't it great to find the right combo of foods that give us the best results? Awesome!
    Oh and btw I am super jealous because I LOVE chick peas but cannot have those either!
    .....well, I mean unless you consider an allowed TWO measly Tablespoons of hummus for a treat, which is why I avoid hummus....I could never stop at 2 tblsp.

o.k. @Lynn49 this video/ news story is for you!
    An angel that adopts doggies who are near the end of their time...... wah!!!!

A North Carolina woman walked into the Asheville Humane Society and asked to adopt the two dogs that had been there the longest and had the most special needs..........

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...xve-story.html

Early today was my physio w/out, and then a small trip to Metro right after to redeem some AM ( a new offer I was selected for through email ) ....and who saw that 4 cents drop at the pumps coming at midnight last night?? Had to gas up because of that.

So the Sunday BBQ is on!! Woo hoo!! T-Bone steaks were on sale at Metro!!
    I've managed to coral 2 of our 3 kids to be in attendance, that DD of ours and her fully booked social calendar....GRRR! Oh well she'll be around for part of it until she gussies up and heads out the door. Maybe we'll block her way out?? ha ha

Have a terrific remainder of your time in the States with family @flemeth and @GoJays !!

Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Aug 3rd, 2019 at 02:28 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hey @walkonby I hear ya. Everyone is different. I try to get all the beans and chickpeas. Hummus sometimes isn’t the greatest because of oil, etc.

Today I did my first weekend spin class and ddp yoga energy workout. Tomorrow I’ll try the fat burner workout. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Got us beat, @GoJays , lol. Where and why are you heading?

We just got back from a street fair, GS and SIL went parasailing this year, DD sat this one out, Daddy's turn, lol. Both enjoyed it. Back "home" at camp, and I might have a nap before the party tonight.

Hope everyone's enjoying this gorgeous weekend!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Hey @walkonby I hear ya. Everyone is different. I try to get all the beans and chickpeas. Hummus sometimes isn’t the greatest because of oil, etc.
    @cabmonk you know the reason I stopped buying all the refrigerated kinds of hummus ( Sabra, Fontaine Sante ) found in the grocery stores was BECAUSE of that oil and sugar they shove into it..... and way too much salt....but, then I discovered THIS non refrigerated brand in a jar ( Wild Garden ) and turns out it is Dr. Poon approved! Just 5-6 ingredients in it and there is no oil. You only refrigerate it once you open it.

https://www.wildgarden.com/product/t...al-hummus-dip/

I've only bought the traditional version of it but they do have other flavours.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Stopping by with a quick hi!

Another hot, hot day - that should ease off a bit starting to mid-20s starting tomorrow. Last night was a terrible one, very hot plus I had a lot of leg pain. I am tired of glistening...
    I have been having a lot of nausea, too. I don't feel like eating, but know I must.

Have a good night everyone!

Name:  facebook_1564774932039.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  59.3 KB

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope all are having a good weekend! A good day here. Slept for part of the afternoon and then had lovely steaks for dinner and sides. Then popped over to a neighbour for drinks. Now time for a sound sleep. TTFN and sleep well all!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby I’ll check into it. I usually try to make my own hummus. Without much oil. Chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic etc. I have sometimes even used my hummus as a pasta sauce and I found it to be really good like that.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @GoJays enjoy your trip. And all your adventures.
    You too @flemeth , thanks
    @Lynn49 ... Off to Piitsburgh next and just for fun. Two more ball games coming up then off for home. I must say, the Americans sure know how to put on a fireworks show. Went to see the Akron Rubber Ducks tonight and they had a show after the game - amazeballs!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! Well, the building of the Timmies right under my window is OVER! With it's clanging and banging and beeping as equipment backed up because.....it is open!!!!! Complete with a 24 hr. drive through window. Surely folks craving a coffee can't make that much noise! I can only hope!

Very nice evening as my friend from Cambridge came up and we chatted and laughed and discussed life and watched TV. She brought her doggy who is quite a sweetie.

Church begins tomorrow again. Four Waterloo churches share services in August but this year they will all be held at our church as we are the only one with a/c.

It was a lovely day even though the bright sunshine gave me a migraine so I slept for most of the afternoon.

Well, must check a few posts and then off to dreamland. Someone gave me a bicycle last night in my dream which I gently declined.

See you tomorrow!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good sunny morning!!

What a lovely street party last evening...5pm to 11pm when silence in the park is a rule. Great food, freshly caught breaded, deep fried fish, fresh French fries, served in Chinese style take-out boxes, lots of appys, desserts...it was wonderful! The kids came by mid evening, DH, SIL, and 2 others snuck off to another trailer for for a while, for a "few sips" of scotch, lol....ah, what fun.
    It's a little quiet on the street this morning.

The street fair is still on, but I think we'll stay put and just relax.

@walkonby , that video is so heartwarming. There are so many good people out there, but the mass murderers get all the coverage.

Enjoy the long weekend, everyone!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good ....morning still!

Woke up late this morning- set my alarm for 8 but it was PM! Also had a headache so skipped on church and put the laundry room back together after the shelving was installed. Really- did I absolutely need 10, yes 10 ..60w oldstyle lightbulbs?

Timmies has been a steady flow of cars but honestly- a lot quieter than during construction.

Got a post this morning that my nephew caught a 28" long - 7lb. muskie! Very proud of himself. I think muskies are like pickerel and I love pickerel!

I personally don't like fishing, but since he caught it, I hope they plan on eating it.

My friend has invited me for supper on Wednesday and to a local Drayton production of 12 Angry Men. The tickets are being given out freely as they haven't sold enough. Free supper and theatre....I'll take it! And Tootie can hang out at her house with her doggie while we go to the show.

@Lynn49 - your DH has given her a real taste for the out-of-doors!

Speaking of tastes- your fish fry sounds absolutely yummy!

@walkonby , our apartment is having a "Watch the Blue Jays beat the Tampa Bay Rays" get together at our pub on Wed. afternoon. Free popcorn and the bar will be open. (not free, but open)

On Tuesday afternoon there is a virtual reality demonstration so I am really looking forward to seeing that.

I better prepare early in the week for our trip to Niagara Falls for my cousin's wedding. Everything is set to go- just have to wrap the gift I got that I might have taken to her shower. They had a Bachelorette party for her the other day.

I asked if she was "registered" anywhere, but her answer was that - no - she was just appreciative that people would make the trip to the falls that's gift enough.

Well, my headache keeps hanging on but my next project is to keep working on the balcony before it gets too hot and the sun swings around there.

I have to spy on the Timmies too!
    @walkonby - the birds don't come around any more since the apartment sealed up the holes. This is residuals from before - quite an extensive deposit, though.

@Natalka - I hope you get some relief from your pain and heat!

Got to go, my friends. BFN!

Thread Information