User Tag List

Page 1095 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 95 595 995 1045 1085 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1105 1145 1195 1595 ... LastLast
Results 16,411 to 16,425 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Remember all you cheery and kind souls !!!

Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, @Lynn49 - ha, ha! You know me too well.

I got money transferred to handle BrotherR 's move. I found my song books and made up a poster for the Sing Song. I started reorganizing the craft-room which is where I knew my song books would be.

I bought some clothing from a visiting clothing person.
    Friend wasn't available for tea but may be later.
    I walked Tootie a few times.

I, ahem, offered to help with the Nov. 11 service which, really, is connected to the Sing Song group. What does a mid-twenties Recreation Director know about Remembrance Day, anyway?

I have had incredible heartburn since early this morning.

I sent off info to a woman who is thinking one of the residents at her retirement home might want to adopt Benny the cat.

I am now laying down- trying to get past this heartburn.

Plan to have a little nap before supper.

Lemon tarts? Shoe bags? You're not busy either are you?

I had to laugh about the "ice-coffee," @walkonby .

My friends who have gone to Europe for a nice fall excursion are going to be in the middle of all that awful weather! I hope they're fine.

Oh I made a comment on Facebook to countermand all the nastiness that was being lobbed at Trudeau. Someone responded by saying, "Your (note the spelling) are probly one of those uneducated immigrants, blah, blah, blah. " So much for supporting free speech! My comment was that we can't go down the road of hatred and abandonment of those in need as has happened in the States.

I think his comment supported mine without his knowing it.

Ah- politics brings out the best in us!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    How true. Even seen in SC. Cannot make comments without some taking offense. Sad, but seems to be the world we live in. Free speech? No longer.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Oct 1st, 2019 at 03:07 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Well, @Lynn49 - ha, ha! You know me too well.

I got money transferred to handle BrotherR 's move. I found my song books and made up a poster for the Sing Song. I started reorganizing the craft-room which is where I knew my song books would be.

I bought some clothing from a visiting clothing person.
    Friend wasn't available for tea but may be later.
    I walked Tootie a few times.

I, ahem, offered to help with the Nov. 11 service which, really, is connected to the Sing Song group. What does a mid-twenties Recreation Director know about Remembrance Day, anyway?

I have had incredible heartburn since early this morning.

I sent off info to a woman who is thinking one of the residents at her retirement home might want to adopt Benny the cat.

I am now laying down- trying to get past this heartburn.

Plan to have a little nap before supper.

Lemon tarts? Shoe bags? You're not busy either are you?

I had to laugh about the "ice-coffee," @walkonby .

My friends who have gone to Europe for a nice fall excursion are going to be in the middle of all that awful weather! I hope they're fine.

Oh I made a comment on Facebook to countermand all the nastiness that was being lobbed at Trudeau. Someone responded by saying, "Your (note the spelling) are probly one of those uneducated immigrants, blah, blah, blah. " So much for supporting free speech! My comment was that we can't go down the road of hatred and abandonment of those in need as has happened in the States.

I think his comment supported mine without his knowing it.

Lol, yes, I sure do know you! Glad you got some stuff done, hope you feel better soon, @avoncallingu .

Politics, and religion seem to be volatile issues and on public forums such as facebook, etc, it's so easy for people to hide behind their fake names and say things they'd never say in public.
    Thank goodness SC is a much kinder place to land.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Popping in to say hello. Happy October! What a wet, icky summer it was here. The last two weeks have been spent composting, pulling out the garden plants and sunflowers (they were zapped by frost), boxing green tomatoes, and taking mint clippings to overwinter indoors. I got the garlic patch planted this morning. I was so relieved to get it finished (I was late with it this year) that I posted a picture of it on my garden journal/blog even though there's nothing much to see yet! Hahaha! I will be happy to have this season wrapped up. I am tired and more than ready to go into hibernation mode.
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Wed, Oct 2nd, 2019 at 08:44 AM.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, @TrueNorthTreasures - you do so much work, and what you have reaped must be so rewarding!

My nurse just left. She ended up putting on Coban dressings on the leg with the blister - so ugly to see it, it's almost up my whole leg, and is really raised - had even gotten bigger from this morning. She packed it well in case the blister broke before she comes back Friday. She had cleaned my leg well, which felt nice and cool, but once bandaged with so many layers, it's hot and not very comfortable. I get a stinging kind of pain from it.

So, gah, another thing to deal with, but with hopes that the compression works.

Hope you all have a nice evening!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1569941148827.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  47.9 KB
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Lol....true dat, @GoJays !

You've likely read the expression:

Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. When you win it's going to knock all the pieces over, crap on the board, and strut around like it won anyway.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Double post. Somehow.
    Or perhaps it was worth repeating...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Oct 1st, 2019 at 10:57 PM.
    Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lol

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Hibernation @TrueNorthTreasures !! There are days I feel like snuggling inside a warm cave like dwelling and just waiting winter out! But alas....I'd miss Christmas and all the angst of gift buying, decorating and overeating....Hmmmm, maybe I'll reconsider hibernation.
    @avoncallingu and @Lynn49 I will admit the cold brewed coffee experiment is simply a shameless attempt to get praise from our eldest DS who will be joining us for Turkey time in 2 weeks.
    He's had his machine ( I never knew there was a " machine ? " ) which makes his cold brew in record time ( not the 4-6 hrs they say this method takes ) but he enjoys it so much he drinks it as is! No sugar or cream, and he swears there is absolutely NO bitterness.
    Wouldn't it be jolly if I surprised him with a lovely carafe of the stuff after dinner? Woo hoo! Lets hope I make it right.
    Today I tried to catch up on some previously recorded new-ish shows on tv.
    Pleasantly surprised by the first 2 episodes of one called Pennyworth, not even sure why I set it up to record, but we'll have to see where that one goes.
    The Conners, Perfect Harmony, and Bob 's Abishola, are " maybe's " atm, some laughs there. Others like Prodigal Son and Emergence are just o.k....I'll need a few more episodes to decide if they are worth my time. Most of these new shows get cancelled after just one season.

have a relaxing evening everyone...! If I didn't say it earlier.....WELCOME BACK @Lynn49 !!!!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A superb day here.

Great thunderstorms. Lovely sitting indoors watching and listening.

Always good to come back to the chat room and catchup on the frivolity.

Never ceases to amaze me how the tone is always funny!!

Keep those memes coming Jays. We can call this JaysWays.

Well time for dinner and Great British Bake-off. The showstopper is a bomb!

Back later to catch up on the ongoing frivolity!

Tara!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pennyworth is excellent. Episode 10 just aired. Great finale!

Thread Information