User Tag List

Page 1099 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 99 599 999 1049 1089 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1109 1149 1199 1599 ... LastLast
Results 16,471 to 16,485 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  1B481AE2-520B-475F-8AA2-85ED45380849.jpeg
Views: 107
Size:  116.3 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    So sorry to hear the sad news Lynn ..Sending my condolences to you and your family..cancer is a terrible thing.i know I watch my dad go through a battle with liver cancer.. he never got long time out it .doctor told him October 31, and November 27 he was gone .cant believe it soon be 6 years November coming .
    Aw, @Newfiescreech , I'm so sorry that you not only lost your Dad, but that it all happened so quickly. Time passes and in many ways that makes it easier...I now think of my parents and smile, and the number of times the song, "Soul and Inspiration" comes on in the car, I know my Mom's with me, so I sing along.. I'm sure you have some sweet memories, also. {{{Hugs}}}

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, friends! It's nearly Friday. What a busy day I had! My friend from Chatham arrived and is sleeping in the living room. She will be up and out before I wake tomorrow morning.

My next and last booked wedding is tomorrow. Supposed to be sunny but cold. It's an inside wedding complete with a bagpiper, classical guitarist and Opera singer!

I will stay for the cocktails and hors d'oeurves , as I know the family. (I don't usually stay after the ceremony.)

Glad to hear about the Leaf win and also naming Tavares as the captain.

Oh, @Newfiescreech what a wild day of weather you had! That was sad about losing your dad in such a way.
    @Lynn49, please express my condolences to your dh's family. Cancer just takes it's horrible toll and leaves everyone behind to grieve. So hard on families!

At the moment, Trump just reminds me of Rumplestiltskin. He's going to stamp his feet and have a hissy fit until he turns himself to dust. Gee, wouldn't that be just awful??😅

I hope that I recorded all of the right shows tonight. I'm falling behind watching the season's premieres. I hope no weirdo tries to re-enact the theatre shooting at the opening of The Joker. You couldn't pay me a million bucks to go see that. That shooting was in Aurora, Colorado, and that's where my step-daughter and her family live. I can't imagine anyone in her family going to see it either!

Well, Mr. Sandman is coming to call. So I will say,"Good night!"
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Oct 4th, 2019 at 12:12 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    Friday, Thank God (it's)

Have a wonderful day folks.
    DANGER

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Frivolous Friday is here!! Yeeeehaw!!!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning, SC bunch!

My guest has already left for the day.

My BrotherB is home sick from work. He's been running around like a maniac trying to fix things for our other BrotherR.

I will marry another couple this afternoon.

I'm chilling for a little while. I have to phone my Dr. and make an appointment to sort out these meds and they are only open until noon.

I hope it's a lovely day for all- and then the weekend begins! And next weekend is a LONG one. Then the march towards Christmas (that was for you, @Lynn49 and, @danger_dan too, it seems.)

Oktoberfest starts next weekend here. Craziness for a week.

Well, I had better see what outfit will fit me for this afternoon.

Auf wedersein! (I think that's how to spell it.)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello, friends! It's nearly Friday. What a busy day I had! My friend from Chatham arrived and is sleeping in the living room. She will be up and out before I wake tomorrow morning.

My next and last booked wedding is tomorrow. Supposed to be sunny but cold. It's an inside wedding complete with a bagpiper, classical guitarist and Opera singer!
    Glad to hear about the Leaf win and also naming Tavares as the captain.
    At the moment, Trump just reminds me of Rumplestiltskin. He's going to stamp his feet and have a hissy fit until he turns himself to dust. Gee, wouldn't that be just awful??
    @avoncallingu any normal person reads your post and just takes in the various news but ME? I immediately see a joke in the making beginning with :

A bag piper, a classical guitarist and an opera singer walk into a bar and......

too bad I cannot provide a punchline but it's the thought that counts...ha ha

I wasted more time than I should have on the Breaking News from both CNN and MSNBC and the updates were almost hourly! The latest conclusion seems to be Trump is now " self-impeaching ".
    You are so right avon ....Rumpelstiltskin indeed!

Update on the cold brewed coffee experiment!! It was superb! Delicious both as is ( black ) but extra yummy with the teeniest splash of 35% cream! ( any carbohydrate watchers out there, certain brands of 35% cream has no carbs, but the lower fat creams do?? A mystery! )
    I will for sure be brewing up a full carafe of this coffee to enjoy at Thanksgiving. I plan on making up a batch of Pumpkin Biscotti!! eeek I can barely wait.

A do nothing day for me, just reading a few more chapters of GOT, and starting 2 new ones. The Diabetic Code by Dr. Jason Fung and When Life Gives You Pears by Jeannie Gaffigan
    Didn't want to cook today, but I have a beautiful fresh Rainbow trout in the fridge ( caught up in Manitoulin Island! ) that needs tending to. I always need to hack off the head and most of the tail....the eyes make me shudder!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Night was decent, feel not so bad - hoping it stays that way, but I feel nausea creeping in. My blistered leg is quite painful, though - I can't wait to have the bandages cut away, to get some air to my leg, and have it washed. Hoping the nurse comes sooner than later.

Hope you all have a Fab Friday!

Name:  facebook_1569968491635.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  87.9 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Oct 4th, 2019 at 10:43 AM.
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

Well I must have needed that sleep, I woke up at 10:30! Slept right through, no coughing, I feel like I can actually tackle something today.

Thank you all for the condolences; I just can't believe that with all the money pouring into cancer research, no great strides have been made in the fight against it, and I don't mean treatments, I mean killing the damn thing out of existence!
    @walkonby , remind me to hang out with you if the world begins coming to an end...I couldn't do that to a fish, wouldn't know where to begin so I'll need a survivalist with me. That would be you. Fish and iced coffee...love it! Hahaha!!

I hope it's sunny where you all are; it's a relief from the dark drizzly weather we've had here lately.

Enjoy your day!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, my nurse just left. After she cut open the Coband, the outer compression bandage, she said what was under was seeping - so she took off that set of bandages and gauze, and it seems that the blister had just opened. What was good is it is open on the same side in two places. She cleaned it all up and rebandaged everything.

So the pain is like a stinging now since it's open, but I am hoping it doesn't stay painful long. A nurse will come Tuesday to check. Ramona today took photos, so someone can make a comparison since she won't be on Tuesday.

I managed to eat bits and pieces - some applesauce, some cubes of watermelon. Husband bought bakery cookies last night to tempt me - triple chocolate - and yup it worked, thought I would just have a bite but I ate a whole cookie just now. Guess that's lunch!

Name:  facebook_1569967527101.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  65.4 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Oct 5th, 2019 at 05:30 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ tee hee @Natalka ....you are a cat! A cat who loves triple chocolate cookies, omg! I would not be able to say no to those either, the difference is I'd eat about 4 in a row.
    I hope there will be some other ( cough, cough ) more nutritious food that finds it way into your wheelhouse today....and best of luck with your blister scenario.

Still trying desperately to catch up on the many newer tv shows. Today I did the 2nd episodes of Stumptown, Emergence and Bob loves Abishola. Too much pressure! ha ha
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information