User Tag List

Page 1110 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 110 610 1010 1060 1100 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1120 1160 1210 1610 ... LastLast
Results 16,636 to 16,650 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'll say my " good mornings " now as my day will be a busy getting our Thanksgiving feast on the table. I went all out ( again ) this year. I wanted to skirt traditional and trying something " completely different " .....as long as the meal doesn't turn out to be a Monty Python comedy I'll be thrilled.
    Had to start with a soup, so this year I made a pumpkin/black bean/quinoa number when served each bowl gets garnished with a slice of avocado and a wee wedge of fresh lime. Doesn't that visual just make you all giddy??

It's all in the prep right? I'm a stickler for having as much done a day ahead so that soup was made yesterday, peeled, cut the colourful fall veg, made the bread/sausage stuffing in a large roast pan.... sans bird! ) in fact there will be NO actual whole turkey going in my oven, instead I flattened numerous turkey breast pieces, then filled and rolled into bundles to be cooked in the Air Fryer!!
    I bought a small duck that will be roasting soon in the oven, made the cherry sauce for it last night.
    Too many other things are on this menu, I had to make a second batch of pumpkin Biscotti last night because the first batch I made " disappeared! " .......so clearly Dr. Poon is NOT invited to dinner....ha ha

Have a fab day everyone!!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Wow, Walkonby. What a feast!
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 93
Size:  472.9 KB

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Boy oh boy! You chefs put me to shame. Slept in! Got to get moving. Happy Thanksgiving !
    GoJays, walkonby and GoodBoy like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I'll say my " good mornings " now as my day will be a busy getting our Thanksgiving feast on the table. I went all out ( again ) this year. I wanted to skirt traditional and trying something " completely different " .....as long as the meal doesn't turn out to be a Monty Python comedy I'll be thrilled.
    Had to start with a soup, so this year I made a pumpkin/black bean/quinoa number when served each bowl gets garnished with a slice of avocado and a wee wedge of fresh lime. Doesn't that visual just make you all giddy??

It's all in the prep right? I'm a stickler for having as much done a day ahead so that soup was made yesterday, peeled, cut the colourful fall veg, made the bread/sausage stuffing in a large roast pan.... sans bird! ) in fact there will be NO actual whole turkey going in my oven, instead I flattened numerous turkey breast pieces, then filled and rolled into bundles to be cooked in the Air Fryer!!
    I bought a small duck that will be roasting soon in the oven, made the cherry sauce for it last night.
    Too many other things are on this menu, I had to make a second batch of pumpkin Biscotti last night because the first batch I made " disappeared! " .......so clearly Dr. Poon is NOT invited to dinner....ha ha

Have a fab day everyone!!
    Sounds yummy, @walkonby , but how strange that the biscotti disappeared into thin air like that, huh? Poltergeists, likely.

We had our family dinner on Saturday...our SIL broke down the Turkey, so it was done in their large slow cooker in just a couple hours, so different from the olden days when my Mom started making the dressing at 7am to get the huge turkey into the oven by 9 or 10am! Which, actually, I had done for years, too! It was an exhausting day for Moms and Dads. Now we're clever, doing so much prep work ahead of time.

Enjoy your dinner with your family without dr poon there! Life's too short to skip carbs, dessert and wine. 🤗

Happy Thanksgiving Day, everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving
    We had our meal yesterday, today it's burgers on the grill... and laundry.. .never ending laundry

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Mad at he Michael's stores, though....I was sent coupons for 55% off , 2 days only: yesterday and TODAY, for haven's sake! I'm going to see if they honour it tomorrow. How stoopid of them, to advertise it as a 2 day coupon!
    avoncallingu and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Mad at he Michael's stores, though....I was sent coupons for 55% off , 2 days only: yesterday and TODAY, for haven's sake! I'm going to see if they honour it tomorrow. How stoopid of them, to advertise it as a 2 day coupon!
    American company, they don't stop to think about us. Definitely have them honor it tomorrow, speak to the manager if you have to. If they don't budge, threaten them with the head office call. They hate the head office call. What is head office going to do? Tell the manager to honor the coupon. They hate bad publicity
    avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am so very thankful for my SC friends!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Oct 14th, 2019 at 12:39 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!

Just finished munching on some loverly strawberries, a late brekkie because I could not handle anything earlier.

Bit of snow on the ground, may get more or freezing rain in the afternoon.
    Husband has to go pick up meds for me, whatever shopping we needed he did yesterday.

@Lynn49 - I am still getting enough nourishment, but should I not, I definitely will go to the drinks, bars, etc.

I actually am quite tempted by the pumpkin pie sitting here - I just may have that for lunch. 'Tis a vegetable, right? It's from Sobeys, they are the only bought pie that comes close to pumpkin pie, in both texture but especially spicing.
    Son loves it also, husband does not. I told him to buy another dessert he likes, but he didn't.

Hoping you all have a wonderful day!

Name:  facebook_1570912207398.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  108.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Oct 14th, 2019 at 12:37 PM.
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Man, I cannot figure out how to fix the above picture doubling - sorry about that!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

avoncallingu, Lynn49 and Mechman47 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Have I posted this already? Who cares, it's cute enough to post again

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information