User Tag List

Page 1172 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 172 672 1072 1122 1162 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1182 1222 1272 1672 ... LastLast
Results 17,566 to 17,580 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    We're back from a lovely evening with friends from our campground street...it was such fun seeing everyone out of their camp t-shirts, all dressed up..

Tomorrow, an easy day, kids may drop in after our SIL'S work luncheon...

I hope everyone's having a lovely weekend!
    @Lynn49 sounds like you enjoyed the evening!! DH and I had a decent enough evening....watching the Leafs WIN!
    Also he was busy " burning " discs ( if that is what you call it ) ...Christmas music to play on " the day! "
    Such a mix of artist's but there is always Elvis...ha ha

Nighty night everyone!
    22hicks, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello friends! Sloppy sh?tty mess out there! About 5" of snow over a sloppy rain! Add wind, just for fun! I have finally found a method to keep Tootie's feet covered, but they still get wet and cold. She finally attended to "business " before we came to bed and ate something, so that should mean an ok start for the morning.
    Tomorrow is "White Gift" Sunday and we support a community in Northern Manitoba called Oxford House. The United Church is the only one left there and the minister who is in his 70s still works hard to bring some kindness and support to everyone in need. He does all the weddings, baptisms and funerals for the whole town. Something like 90% unemployment in this native town and very little for young kids to do. He hosts basketball games and music after school to give the young kids a chance to get together in a positive way.

Our Tenants Association meeting was a real event- tempers blazed- people walked out- we were finally left with about6 of us with level heads! Our first Annual General Meeting will happen in Jan. and then off they'll go to figure out a structure and constitution.

Well, it's an early choir practice before church tomorrow so I will wish you all well and hopefully a peaceful sleep!

Ladies, your descriptions of your pain just makes my stomach turn! What brave, strong women you are!

@walkonby , your Christmas Day sounds yummy and fun!

I can't believe, really, that it has been so long since we could just walk outside with no coats, hats, scarves, boots, mitts in several layers! Roll on, Winter Solstice when we start to inch back towards summer!

G'night!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

...an image of our beautiful cinnamon and white Border Collie, my sweet partner...I still cry when I think of her and the fun she and I had together...in the mornings, she'd hear my DH go into the shower and hop onto our bed for a snuggle and snuffle, and when she heard the water turn off, she'd hop off and lay on the floor like a sphynx as if nothing ever happened. I'll never forget the times we spent outside in winter (when I liked winter and it was only because of her), I'd toss her ball into the snow and she'd find it and attack me with it, and I'd fall into the snow laughing so hard and we just hugged in that snow....okay...tears again. Tammy...I can hardly wait to see you again and thank you for Jenny...

22hicks, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 that sentimental post about your relationship with Tammy was a genuine tear jerker. The part about her leaping back off the bed keeping your DH unaware was perfect! They are so smart!
    The other day my mind drifted to Murphy, it has not been that long since we hugged him goodbye in August, my throat tightened as his sweet face came right up in my mind and the waterworks started.
    It probably doesn't help matters that I've been watching a few " new to me " shows about real life animals...you know those ones that showcase weird inter species friendships? A doggy with a bunny, horse or wee piglet...or the black lab with the CHEETAH!
    Then there was the whole segment on Babies! baby chimps, gorillas...I was in love.

Naturally Hamlet perks up his head, his ears go straight back as sits on the recliner with me. He certainly appears to recognize animals on the tv screen. I wonder if any other furbaby owner has a recording of the Aquarium Channel in their library?
    I keep it in the queue for moments when he is sitting with me and needs some stimulation... He seems unaware it is a rerun!

Today will be rather " fulfilling " . We're headed out later on for our celebratory 2 in 1 b'day meal! ( DH and DS#1 )
    All you can eat Buffet it is! ( again ) . There is no point pretending I'll behave.

Have a wonderful Sunday all.....sorry about all that nasty winter stuff that fell out your way @avoncallingu ...stay safe!
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

22hicks, cabmonk and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

22hicks, cabmonk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

22hicks, cabmonk and GoJays like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow, so much to catch up on here; no way I'm going to remember everyone, sorry. (old age you know, lol - not)

@avoncallingu - sorry about all your snow. We were out last night; what a terrible drive.

@natalia - you've had a tough couple of years, but it seems that you're doing better now. I sincerely hope it continues.

@cabmonk - thank you for the welcome back.

@Cathy - happy you connected & will see your family on the 26th; enjoy.

@GoJays - still just love your posts; thank you.

@Lynn49 - sounds like you had a great time last night; it's tough not seeing friends like that from fall to spring.
    I love that picture of your dog; she's beautiful, & I know you miss her. How's Jenny?

@walkonby - I am so sorry to read that you lost Murphy in August. That's so sad.

I understand the pain you two feel.
    I lost Jake too.
    In January, he was attacked by a Husky, who damaged the discs in his neck, so his right leg gave out often.
    On February 21st, he lost his footing going down stairs, fell, & broke his neck. I had to have him put down. He's just turned 5.

I've cried every single day since, & of course am again now. He was my best friend.
    I loved him so very much. I can never go through that pain again.

Name:  best copy.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  246.9 KB

Last edited by 22hicks; Sun, Dec 15th, 2019 at 01:35 PM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@22hicks definitely and hope you are doing well and having a good December.
    22hicks likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Just resting my sore back right now. Will try to go to the gym by Monday evening. However I have things to do the next few days. Funeral home tonight for my friends mom and then her funeral tomorrow. Gift exchange in the afternoon. Volunteering Tuesday morning and a Christmas party Wednesday evening. Back to spin class Wednesday but then a doctors appointment Thursday lol. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Natalka, 22hicks and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aww, hicks, I'm sorry to hear about poor Jake

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, @22hicks , Jenny is one spoiled little lady, we're joined at the hip and heart; I know Tammy sent her to me, and also named her. I know...I'm frooty-loops.
    "Energy cannot be created nor destroyed", so I believe our pups' beautiful energy lives on and we'll be reunited one day.

I wish you a beautiful Christmas, Hicks!
    22hicks, cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So, Ladies, will you be participating in the Hallmark channel boycott?
    I have a loophole...we don't have the Hallmark channel here, just tgexW channel showing old hallmark movies.
    22hicks likes this.

Thread Information