User Tag List

Page 1226 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 226 726 1126 1176 1216 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1236 1276 1326 1726 ... LastLast
Results 18,376 to 18,390 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Bahahaha!!!!! Best response ever!! Lol....really!
    Natalka and GoJays like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Leafs just lost to their AHL’s team 42 year old zamboni driver in net who came in as the emergency backup goalie...

Congratulations to Dave Ayres on his first NHL win!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Been trying to hit the sack a bit earlier.

Went to a Mennonite funeral celebration for the mother of one of our tenants today. The woman was 103! Her grandchildren noted that she ALWAYS had a box of chocolates around and "had 1 every day (just one)". She would share them, of course, but many of them would have a hole in them where she had stuck in her finger to check what filling it had.

So if the key to aging well is to have chocolate every day- well, I can hop right on That bandwagon.

She apparently loved pink and so all of her 5 children, 22 grandchildren and umpteen dozen great-grandchildren were wearing something pink along with their somber outfits...even the old order Mennonite family whose children wore pink bow-ties and pink plaid shirts.

It was a very LONG ceremony but a great tribute to what seemed like a well- loved and wonderful woman.

I got some laundry done and my friend Shirley and her dog MAX came over for supper. We watched the first episode of "Tommy" - the new series about the first female Police Chief in L. A. (Fiction but very realistic.)

Well, I have an early morning with a baptism at church, so sleep well, folks. It's supposed to be +7° Here tomorrow.

Sleep well, folks!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Someone finally spoke the truth..................PASS IT ON..!

Leon Roy5 February 2016
    PISSED AS HELL:
    WOW!! This is too good not to pass it on. I don't think “pissed" really covers it!!!!

She uses some pretty strong language in her commentary.I know how she feels on this point. Too bad that all of us "easy going" Canadians couldn't hire this lady to be our leader and then we would all storm Parliament Hill with torches aflame.
    Smith, the Senator from Québec calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with over a million teats.
    Here's a response in a letter from PATTY JOHNSTONE in Ontario ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!
    Oh sooo true!
    "Hey Larry, let's get a few things straight!!!!!
    1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
    2. I have been paying CPP & OHIP for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
    3. My Canada Pension payments, and those of millions of other Canadians, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
    4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of Canadian seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
    5. I, and millions of other Canadians, have been paying into
    OHIP & CPP from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from OHIP & CPP to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Canadians, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again.
    Why? Because you "incompetent s" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the Canadian taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
    To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bull" to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bull, I have a few questions for YOU:
    1. How much money have you earned from the Canadian taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
    2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career,and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the Canadian taxpayers?
    3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
    4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual,have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
    It is you, Captain Bull, and your political co-conspirators called Parliament who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted the Canadian Pension, OHIP and stolen the Canadian dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
    And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.
    That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted our benefits for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
    And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a .
    P.S. And stop calling CPP & OHIP "entitlements". WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
    I have been paying in to the CPP system for 45 years "It's my money"- give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly check
    EVERYONE!!!
    If you like the way things are in Canada delete this.

If you agree with what an Ontario citizen, says, please. PASS IT ON!!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning gang.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    That's just brilliant! Hahaha! Wouldn't it be nice to drive 45 minutes for breakfast in Austria, or lunch in France? Open boarders, no money exchange....wouldn't it be loverly...

Enjoy this sunny, above 0 day, everyone!
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

When we went to pick up my FIL and SIL from Yugoslavia when they came here for our wedding - Saskatoon airport is an hour and a half from where we were living in North Battleford - they could not believe the "big" distances between the towns along the way. It was interesting to see it through someone else's eyes.

Our TV died last night - smoke coming out of it!
    Mind you, it's a 20 inch tube tv, so it's past time for a replacement.

Not much going on today - hopefully some healing!
    Hoping to have some rest.
    Take care!

Name:  leopard_sploot.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  92.9 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Feb 24th, 2020 at 10:53 AM.
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , so true about Europeans coming here...a relative from Stuttgart, Germany came to visit after our families reconnected, and couldn't believe how vast our country is...she thought a 'drive' to Niagara Falls was an hour or two away...like a day-trip! A couple of years later she brought her Mother over and as she stood on the boardwalk on our Lake Ramsey, she just kept closing her eyes breathing in and saying, "Luft...luft...", meaning "air"...You're so right, the things we take for granted here, seeing them through someone else's eyes is really something.

Hope you're able to nap today and get some healing rest, Hon.
    Natalka, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ guffaw worthy @Lynn49 !!!
    The sunshine is great medicine today! I love it. Spent some " minutes " in it while performing a few chores. Taking recycles out and overseeing Rufus on the pathway as he piddles counts as chores....lol.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, it was such a beautiful day here also, @walkonby ...sunny, +4, driving through big puddles (slowly of course, wouldn't want to get even more salt on the car!). I went in Rexall to pick up some make-up, travel-size hairspray, facial wipes, hair mousse, lol...you know, all those essential travel items.
    Then to Winners/HomeSense (are yours now combined, also?), bought a smaller-faced watch for travel, walked around both stores, and by the time I left I was roasting! I had to put the air-conditioning on in the car!!
    Yep, one of those winter/spring days.
    Natalka, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information