User Tag List

Page 1279 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 279 779 1179 1229 1269 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1289 1329 1379 1779 ... LastLast
Results 19,171 to 19,185 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, I wonder how many families will ignore the warning about get-togethers this weekend. I know one gal on a FB recipe site is considering having her family over because "they're not sick".
    Some just don't get it!!
    We're ALL missing Easter dinner together, if that's been the norm! Nothing special about her!

Our SIL bought a nice ham for us to roast on Sunday, we have the sides, then our DD called and told us he's also going to M&Ms for munchies and I said oh....ask him to pick up one of those cheater appetizer boxes. Then my Hubby reminded me that I can't have that!

Where does my mind go sometimes?!

I quickly called her back and she answered the phone, "Too late, he's on his way there!" Lol....so they have an extra box.

I hope everyone finds a way to stay in touch with family, we're fortunate that ours is so close and they can walk over for an "extended" (literally) visit...no hugs...that's the hard part.

Enjoy the long weekend, rest, particularly those who are still working.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    @walkonby , @GoJays

I thought I would post this separately as it is on the “lighter’ side (sort of) re Trump and Friends and the pandemic (and my previous post is already long )

On Trevor Noah’s show ‘The Daily Show ‘ they have what they call ‘moment of zen’ which is usually a clip of something humorous, silly, ironic, absurd. I think the moment of zen from the April 6 is a good trip down memory lane when it comes to Trump & Friends re: covid 19. It starts with clips over the past several months of Fox News commentators (for whom Trump can do no wrong), then clips of Trump himself. Here’s a link to the episode - the moment of zen starts on 21:15 (ends 24:10). Air date April 6.
    Sorry, I don't know how to post the actual video with the message (if I'm allowed to). If so, maybe someone can tell me how to do that...? Thanks
    Hi @Silk
    Thank you for posting so much more detail about the ineptness of Trump. ( apologies to everyone in here for talking politics )
    About the Moment Of Zen....yes!! We are huge fans of The Daily Show with Trevor and have always been fans prior in what seems to be so long ago now when it was Jon Stewart posting those delicious Moment Of Zen clips.
    Normally I am quite good at posting the full video instead of that blue highlighted link , but for some reason Comedy Central are being D*icks. ugh.

To view just the funny ( but very scary statements made by all the Fox pundits ) click the link but go right to the time of about 21:18 where Trevor says " here it is, your moment of Zen "

https://www.ctv.ca/The-Daily-Show-wi...020-vid1782930
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Apr 10th, 2020 at 12:05 PM.
    Newfiescreech and Silk like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This is for all of you BUT especially for you @Lynn49

Enjoy Easter whatever way you can everyone!!!
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    This is for all of you BUT especially for you @Lynn49

Enjoy Easter whatever way you can everyone!!!
    {{{sniff}}}....thank you, @walkonby, honestly, I'd be flying back there in a second if I could!! I was looking at those dresses and thinking, wow!! The work that went into those! I've sewn a lot of dance recital costumes when our DD was in dance, but thank heavens nothing like those!!
    I'm not sure about Hubby wanting to go back, lol...he still wants a cruise but wow...are we EVER lucky we didn't choose THAT this spring!!
    Huh. For which he owes me a debt of gratitude! Hahahaha!!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Apr 10th, 2020 at 12:51 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just FB messaged CBC and CTV suggesting that they could ask companies that provide portable potties for special occasions place them on our highways so that truckers could be provided with washroom facilities now that gas stations have locked theirs and restaurants aren't open.
    Surely they can help our truckers!!

I also emailed other potty places in Ontario....let's see what comes of this.....poor truckers....

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I just went through it two more times and now I can't find it. It was somewhere in the middle of the article. It was just tiny, an -es instead of an -ed at the end of a word, or something like that. I don't remember now. I wonder if they went back and fixed it...

And regarding your video question, the only videos I know how to post are YouTube videos. I don't know if it's possible to post anything else. I'm sure I'm wrong on that as well, I just probably don't know how

Thanks for your response @Silk
    You're welcome @GoJays Your and WOB's posts gave me a chance to rant about Trump.

Well, at least you know how to post YT videos - that's more than i know! lol

And re the typo - thanks for looking - if/when I go back to the article and find it, I'll let you know
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hi @Silk
    Thank you for posting so much more detail about the ineptness of Trump. ( apologies to everyone in here for talking politics )
    About the Moment Of Zen....yes!! We are huge fans of The Daily Show with Trevor and have always been fans prior in what seems to be so long ago now when it was Jon Stewart posting those delicious Moment Of Zen clips.
    Normally I am quite good at posting the full video instead of that blue highlighted link , but for some reason Comedy Central are being D*icks. ugh.

To view just the funny ( but very scary statements made by all the Fox pundits ) click the link but go right to the time of about 21:18 where Trevor says " here it is, your moment of Zen "

https://www.ctv.ca/The-Daily-Show-wi...020-vid1782930
    @walkonby - you're welcome - thanks for posting the original article

I went to the link you posted - I thought you posted it because it would take you to the exact spot in the video without having to FF the video like my link does, but it's the same... Did I miss something?

I really liked Jon Stewart and when he left I gave Trevor Noah a big thumbs down after his first show. Who is this unknown who thinks he can take Jon Stewart's place! But he won me over. He is so smart - his humor, like Stewart's, is so intelligent. And he is cute! I have a little crush on him! lol Have you seen any of his comedy specials? That's where I really developed an appreciation for his wit.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Silk

To post a YT video, copy the entire link from the address bar of the video you want to post. On this website, in the quick reply box, click the little icon that looks like a strip of movie reel film (second from the right), paste it into the box and click ok. The video only shows as the link for you until you click on Post. I hope that helped you

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    You're welcome @GoJays Your and WOB's posts gave me a chance to rant about Trump.

Well, at least you know how to post YT videos - that's more than i know! lol

And re the typo - thanks for looking - if/when I go back to the article and find it, I'll let you know
    Newfiescreech, Silk and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Silk
    yeppers! Our entire family are big fans of Noah's. Have you read his biography Born A Crime? It will break your heart.
    I've watched all of his stand up specials, he is so darn cute....those dimples!
    Newfiescreech, Silk and Lynn49 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    @Silk

To post a YT video, copy the entire link from the address bar of the video you want to post. On this website, in the quick reply box, click the little icon that looks like a strip of movie reel film (second from the right), paste it into the box and click ok. The video only shows as the link for you until you click on Post. I hope that helped you
    Thanks @GoJays - I saved those instructions for down the road. Maybe I should try to post a YT video to see if I can actually do it! lol I'll work on it
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, Apr 10th, 2020 at 04:14 PM.
    Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@Silk
    yeppers! Our entire family are big fans of Noah's. Have you read his biography Born A Crime? It will break your heart.
    I've watched all of his stand up specials, he is so darn cute....those dimples!
    @walkonby - oh yes, those dimples! <swoon>

No, I haven't read his book yet - it's an autobio - yes? It's being made into a movie last I heard on his show.

Maybe I'll see if one of my local libraries has it as an ebook I could borrow, although it's something I would rather read in real book form Thanks for the recommendation. I had it as a mental note but forgot about it.
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, Apr 10th, 2020 at 04:15 PM.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, how sad, @princessjen ....I can't imagine what a blessing that must have been, having a squirrel befriend and trust you like that...the Squirrel Whisperer!! But they don't live forever, do they? Have you ever watched the youtube videos of people who have mice and hamsters as pets? I just love those mice, but I just couldn't handle them not living very long, I'd always be in tears! I agree, I'm sure Bubba wanted you to have another friend, so he brought his own friend along for you to visit with. I'd love to do that here...there are 2 black squirrels here that I used to put peanuts out for, but they're in the back yard, and unless I'm sitting out there I don't see them...I just know that the nuts I hid for them are gone....They're so beautiful, although our Jenny runs out into the back yard in the morning and patrols the perimeter for them, or she spots them as soon as I open the gate and runs full tilt along the fence as they scoot up a tree.

With our campground closed to us so far this year we may not even have a camping season on the island, so maybe I'll work on becoming a squirrel whisperer, too. What a sweet story!!
    Yes! I've had 6 hamsters as a kid. The max they would live is about 3 years. I all the little rodents!

I think you will have to keep Jenny tied up by the house to work on becoming a squirrel whisperer! Its pretty easy, work on the chipmunks first (they are more trusting than the squirrels). Then when the squirrels see you making friends with the chipmunks they will soon follow.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Thread Information