User Tag List

Page 1398 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 398 898 1298 1348 1388 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1408 1448 1498 1898 ... LastLast
Results 20,956 to 20,970 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

awww @danger_dan hope you get your work day over quickly and catch some sleep.

@GoJays from what I have read online stores in the USA have decided to close on the 26th ( Thanksgiving Day ) BUT to curb the mad rush of Black Friday enthusiasts on the 27th, discount savings similar to what is offered on BF will begin as early as November 1st ! That should help considerably.

I am pleased not to have to cook anything today, tomorrow...who knows when I'll next create a dish? ha ha

happy Hump Day all!!
    ROMEO, Silk, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Dealt with everything for my new bank account. They switched my cra direct deposit for me. Did my laundry and some groceries. Heading to the gym soon and I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.
    Natalka, Silk, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day everyone!!!

Feeling better today, so yay! When the nurse came, she noticed right away - this one hadn't been for a while, probably saw me last when I was a bigger mess. She did say I was "withering away" - hey, I am just so very glad to have my quads back, and they weren't lost! Hey, I have also discovered shoulder bones and my aching tailbone - the latter of which I had kept more padding on!

Anyhew, healing on legs is good, though it looks really ugly. Overall, pain is less by a bit, though a lot of time my skin burns, it's just so fragile.

Sleeping is off and on, but I am getting more than before, so that is a definite win for me.

Weather has taken a definite autumn twist of days of like five above, nights go to five to ten below.
    Edmonton is supposed to get a huge snowstorm Friday, but we don't always get their weather - it's not in our forecast.

Hope you all are doing well - and if you are not, I wish you better times ahead!

Name:  facebook_1602700977363_6722215120158956966.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  67.6 KB
    Silk, Lynn49, cabmonk and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning gang...it's staying darker...for longer after i'm up in the mornings now...
    have a wonderful day peeps.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

any fans of the tv series Dexter?? Well.....he's back!!! ( release date sometime in the Fall of 2021 ) Michael C. Hall is the only one signed on atm, supporting cast tbd.

https://collider.com/dexter-limited-...ichael-c-hall/

Nice enough morning out there, a little drizzle but not enough to matter. The Astros slinked though with a win last night, so they are still alive!!
    ( Altuve was the main runs earner, he needed that after making those 3 errors ( and made NONE all regular season ).
    I know, many are still calling them cheaters but heh! What about when the Yankees stole signs with those Apple watches and all the other ways signs are stolen?
    I have forgiven and still root for them, well I mean since the Blue Jays were eliminated.

Not much on the list of to-do's for me today so perhaps I'll check out Netflix.
    Lynn49, GoJays and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning my friends! Looks like rain all day. Blick! I have a dr. appointment so he can check out my foot pain problem. Another night of pain and no sleep til about 3.

Sorry for whining.

I will make some turkey soup/stew which I meant to do yesterday.

I pulled out all the plants and flowers on my balcony yesterday after I thanked them for being beautiful all summer. Boo hoo! Now I will attempt to put together a late fall display so that it doesn't look so bleak out there.

Well, little sleep, changing weather = a migraine. I should get up and take something before it gets bad.

It's a "ketchup " day, as I used to tell my students- catching up on things.

Any ideas about using birch logs (about 2' long) for gifts or decor?

Stay safe and happy! And have a good day.
    "Ketchup " with you later!😊
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Oct 15th, 2020 at 08:59 AM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wondering what all of your opinions are regarding robot vacuums.
    Do you have one? How do find it works? Do you have stories form others you know who have them? etc., etc..

We're looking into getting one...Cooper's hair is everywhere! (especially now that it's getting colder and he's inside more)

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to your posts.
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@walkonby , you're a better person than I am....cheating is cheating and it just illustrates the calibre of the morals within those teams....the Patriots, the Astros, and the Yankees. Anything to win, and it starts at the top, then to the coaches who are either complicit or who turn a blind eye to what's going on. Kids involved in sports see it and and the lack of repercussions or remorse. Sorry.......it's just another sing of the times and I guess I may just be grumpy in my old age.

@GoJays , those squid, octopuses are amazing, intelligent creatures! Love that little, scared rock.

@avoncallingu , my late Brother had about a half dozen birch tree trunks, about 5' tall, standing in a tall, narrow cement planter on their front patio entrance. Their home was all grey brick, the large entrance all grey stone, so it looked pretty chic out there. A reminder of his northern roots. But 2' long...if you can stick them in a planter outside, arrange fall leaf branches among them, tall wispy grasses with lights tucked in, it would look lovely!

More hand-sewing on the appliques on my 2 Christmas/wintery pillows, so just keeping busy!

Toodles, stay safe!
    GoJays, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Do you have one? How do find it works? Do you have stories form others you know who have them? etc., etc..

We're looking into getting one...Cooper's hair is everywhere! (especially now that it's getting colder and he's inside more)

@danger_dan , I've asked the kids multiple times over the years if they wanted one, and for some reason they don't, in spite of 3 cats who cause fluff in corners, but both of them being clean-nuts, just prefer to do it themselves. Plus the main floor area has a dining set, plus the kitchen island with 4 stools, so a robot may not be able to get into those tighter areas.

Buy a powerful one, and try it, what have you got to lose? I think it's a great idea!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Oct 15th, 2020 at 12:43 PM.
    cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka ...we made Kapusnayak! OMgosh, Nat, it's been such a long time since we made it and it'll be in our rotation more often!
    I can feel my body thanking me for the kapusta! Toxins and free radicals are being kicked out, I feel healthier already! Hahaha!!
    I think my Mom put caraway seeds in here, but since Hubby isn't a fan, I left them out...what I should do is shake some into my own bowl!

Hope you're having a really good day, Nat...
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OH, I almost forgot:

ONLY 68 more shopping days until Christmas!!!

This is my favourite depiction of Santa...I printed it out last year and framed it. It takes the place of
    one of the photos in our rogues gallery..

Natalka, JadeAngel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@danger_dan , in the spirit of Hallowe'en, here's what robot vacuums do at night while you sleep.
    Lynn49, JadeAngel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@danger_dan we considered one when they first came out, but the price was too high for us. Eventually we just forgot we " needed " one and now all I can think about is THIS unfortunate episode. ugh!! Those poor people.

@Lynn49 I know, I hear your justification about the cheaters. But....those cheaters just forced a game 6 in the bottom of the 9th tonight without cheating.... It was glorious! My heart swelled at Altuve's face racing toward home plate after Correa's HR broke the tie!
    Dusty Baker held onto Correa a long time with a big ole bear hug. So emotional. Sigh.
    Better than tuning into watching any of that red faced, sweaty liar ( Trump ) at his Town Hall event.
    Biden was probably getting more viewers and higher ratings on another network ( same time ) at his own Town Hall.

I filled a large cast iron dutch oven pot with steak/potato/carrot/onions. So many hours it simmered, covered in the oven. Through most of the game! It could be a stew if I thicken the juices but I tossed in some leftover white wine and I like it.
    Guessing the guys will use some of this for a work meal since the Gobble Gobble meat is all gone.
    Lynn49, GoJays, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Thread Information