User Tag List

Page 1427 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 427 927 1327 1377 1417 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1437 1477 1527 1927 ... LastLast
Results 21,391 to 21,405 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Good morning!

Thanks @Natalka and @walkonby for the hugs and kisses and the empathy I'm an eternal optimist so it takes more than that to get me down - or at least keep me down. Luckily, I seem to find something i can LOL about most days - like @GoJays 's post. And walkonby, I do gratitude journaling everyday (in list form). Some days it's a struggle to come up with 5 things I'm grateful for but this past weekend my list was almost twice as long as usual. Of course that was before the shower broke lol Yes, loved Gilda - she was so talented.

Enjoy your day!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    I keep getting logged out for the past couple days on SC.

Hoping that every having a good start to there morning.
    Skippy, Silk, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

that is odd @flemeth , although I have heard about that happening to others on sc.

Today this cute photo arrived in my email and I just had to share for a few reasons...ahem,

First of all it is a lovely winter scene, secondly there are adorable doggies in the picture and most important of all it is a lesson that long-ish dogs with short wee legs are only good for wrapping up into a blanket and snuggling with!
    Am I right @Lynn49 ?

It is snappy cold today so stay inside. I dashed around the corner just to get fuel, but that was it!
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Nov 24th, 2020 at 11:48 AM.
    Skippy, Natalka, Silk and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yesterday burned almost 2000 calories at the gym. Then today I wake up and could barely walk because of gout pain. Anyway I’m taking ibuprofen and I hope to get to the gym within a few hours. Anyway I hope everyone is doing well.
    Skippy, Silk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    that is odd @flemeth , although I have heard about that happening to others on sc.

Today this cute photo arrived in my email and I just had to share for a few reasons...ahem,

First of all it is a lovely winter scene, secondly there are adorable doggies in the picture and most important of all it is a lesson that long-ish dogs with short wee legs are only good for wrapping up into a blanket and snuggling with!
    Am I right @Lynn49 ?

It is snappy cold today so stay inside. I dashed around the corner just to get fuel, but that was it!
    Yes, yes, @walkonby , Doxies weren't made for winter. Or tall grass. Or anything that tickles their tummies when they're trying to, um, piddle. 😏 As for hauling anything...🤣 No.

A cold day here, of course no going out so who cares?! Hahaha!

Oh. By the way!

4 Fridays until Christmas!
    Skippy, Silk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Lots of happenings in the thread today, variety to boot!
    As I haven’t been booted out while posting this I won’t pull my fur out. Instead I want to gnaw my left hind paw off as it hurts.Out too long today getting flu shot and waiting for the actual start time of the appointment rather than the given start time! And then grabbing some groceries.
    The body hurts but hey at least I can go out and without trying I manage to hurt. I am mindful of those that are unable to go out and do stuff because of one reason or another. It’s best if one can keep moving.
    Well the day has flown by! I do hope everyone is well and remember we’re closer to the weekend and Christmas 🎄
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Lots of happenings in the thread today, variety to boot!
    As I haven’t been booted out while posting this I won’t pull my fur out. Instead I want to gnaw my left hind paw off as it hurts.Out too long today getting flu shot and waiting for the actual start time of the appointment rather than the given start time! And then grabbing some groceries.
    The body hurts but hey at least I can go out and without trying I manage to hurt. I am mindful of those that are unable to go out and do stuff because of one reason or another. It’s best if one can keep moving.
    Well the day has flown by! I do hope everyone is well and remember we’re closer to the weekend and Christmas 
    Aw, I'm sorry you're hurting today, @Skippy , but thank goodness you're getting your flu shot...DH and I both got the high dose because we're old. Hahahaha....
    I sure do miss things like sauntering around a grocery store, finding things I didn't know I needed......such simple things are missing now, but I'm behaving myself, as is my Hubby, staying put, ordering our groceries for pick-up, I ordered 100% or our gifts on line, 2 picked up locally. This may actually become a habit!! I don't mind things magically appearing at the door! And who can beat 2-day delivery? Although some items took a little longer, which is why I did all of this earlier.

Everything has been bought, wrapped and set under the tree for the next month, lol....but I'm really satisfied I found everything I wanted, and really, some items I checked were sold out elsewhere! Our Grandson was of course, the most fun to shop for, now all I have to do is decide how to give him cash...last year I put it into a watery, glittery snowglobe! Hahaha!!

I want to do some baking (would you believe I've never made gingerbread men?!)....I'll do my 3-ingredient fruitcake, but without nuts this time so that I can bring that to our kids' home at Christmas.

NO big turkey dinner this year!!! Since we're trying our best to social distance, even with the 7 of us in their home, we're grazing all day on appetizers, quiches, tortiere (mine ), charcuterie boards, they'll just keep coming!
    I think we're really going to love it....those huge dinners take up so much time, make such a mess, and boom, it's all over!! Delicious, don't get me wrong, it's always incredible, but this way we can eat all day! And of course, there will be Prosecco, wine, scotch, gin...yep, that probably covers it!

You take good care, Skipper!!

How is everyone else planning for Christmas day? I'm curious, since this is such an unusual year.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is for you people who have snow....

walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    NO big turkey dinner this year!!! Since we're trying our best to social distance, even with the 7 of us in their home, we're grazing all day on appetizers, quiches, tortiere (mine ), charcuterie boards, they'll just keep coming! I think we're really going to love it....those huge dinners take up so much time, make such a mess, and boom, it's all over!! Delicious, don't get me wrong, it's always incredible, but this way we can eat all day! And of course, there will be Prosecco, wine, scotch, gin...yep, that probably covers it!
    How is everyone else planning for Christmas day? I'm curious, since this is such an unusual year.
    @Lynn49 good on you! As you know we have done those all day " grazing " types of Christmas dinners ( and a couple of Thanksgiving ones too ) and similar to what you said ours developed because of the " same ole, same ole " big whack of food on the table at once and then POOF, it's over!

Now mind you we did actually make it a sit down version but we served many small courses of single items, cleared the dishes away after each one, then enjoyed some chit chat, a breather followed by course #2, rinse and repeat!

We usually took a longer break after the 4th or 5th course to open up gifts and sip wine ( or other spirits ) , then back to the table. We had up to 7 items all served as separate courses...so much fun! The kids learned how slink back into the kitchen to plate and serve. There was actual exercise involved.

Then the finale! ( turkey and a few sides ) but that meal wasn't on the table till evening. Dessert? yeah, we did that too.
    Those meals started around noon and finished up around 9 p.m. ha ha ha So much fun and no one felt stuffed.

Cannot believe that this year of all years we are going back to the traditional version for the Christmas Day meal.
    Mainly because our " bubble " is smaller having no one other than our own kids present.
    I am not looking forward to speaking to the tops of their heads at the table when their phones come out, but I'll take what I can get!!

Name:  christmas mug.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  39.1 KB
    Skippy, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning peeps
    Skippy, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Morning everyone, from snowy Montreal
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hmmmmm, so it's the 25th of November eh?

perfect timing for this poem.....enjoy.

T’was a Month Before Xmas 2020

T’was a month before Christmas,

And all through the town,

People wore masks,

That covered their frown.

The frown had begun

Way back in the Spring,

When a global pandemic

Changed everything.

They called it corona,

But unlike the beer,

It didn’t bring good times,

It didn’t bring cheer.

Contagious and deadly,

This virus spread fast,

Like a wildfire that starts

When fueled by gas.

Airplanes were grounded,

Travel was banned.

Borders were closed

Across air, sea and land.

As the world entered lockdown

To flatten the curve,

The economy halted,

And folks lost their verve.

From March to July

We rode the first wave,

People stayed home,

They tried to behave.

When summer emerged

The lockdown was lifted.

But away from caution,

Many folks drifted.

Now it’s November

And cases are spiking,

Wave two has arrived,

Much to our disliking.

Frontline workers,

Doctors and nurses,

Try to save people,

From riding in hearses.

This virus is awful,

This COVID-19.

There isn’t a cure.

There is no vaccine.

It’s true that this year

Has had sadness a plenty,

We’ll never forget

The year 2020.

And just ‘round the corner -

The holiday season,

But why be merry?

Is there even one reason?

To decorate the house

And put up the tree,

When no one will see it,

No-one but me.

But outside my window

The snow gently falls,

And I think to myself,

Let’s deck the halls!

So, I gather the ribbon,

The garland and bows,

As I play those old carols,

My happiness grows.

Christmas ain’t cancelled

And neither is hope.

If we lean on each other,

I know we can cope.

So for those staying home,

Safe out of sight,

Merry Christmas to ya all,

May it be extra bright!

~Author unknown.
    Natalka, Silk, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Thread Information