User Tag List

Page 1428 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 428 928 1328 1378 1418 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1438 1478 1528 1928 ... LastLast
Results 21,406 to 21,420 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!
    @walkonby , yes, I absolutely remember your non-traditional dinner (was it last Christmas?), which did encourage me to support our DD's suggestion of a grazing feast! Unlike yours, however, we won't be gathering around the table, it'll all be buffet-style, stuff in crock-pots (my turkey meatballs in cranberry/orange sauce), charcuterie platters, my tortiere and whatever everyone else brings. We'll start at around 11am and go to around 6pm so that everyone can be home and relaxing in the evening. I know the kids would like to have the evening to play with, admire their haul. Hahaha! They'll be exhausted after they've disinfected their first floor of their home for both sets of parents.

Nothing on the agenda today, we got white crap overnight, that's supposed to disappear but I have an awful feeling it's here to stay. Hubby feels he needs to shovel the driveway (or dust it). I really wish he'd have hired a company to keep the driveway cleared, but nope...they "don't do as good a job" as he would like. Besides, he says, it's the only exercise he gets in the winter.

So, you all in Peel and Toronto are now in a grey zone?! How does that affect your daily lives...what changes from the red?
    I just found this....

We're in a YELLOW zone, but I'm still staying put. Indoors. Probably forever.

Well, enjoy your day as best you can or are allowed to....those vaccines can't come fast enough!
    Skippy, Natalka, Silk and 2 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh. By the way!

4 Fridays until Christmas!
    @Lynn49 - My body jolted when I read that! Can hardly believe it...
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.
    Have a great life!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am not quite sure about those colour coded levels @Lynn49 , all I know is T.O. is on lock-down.
    Trying to stay indoors as much as possible.
    What I've witnessed living on a border, is people from here slip over to the next area ( which isn't on lock down ).
    How good is the rule ( or recommendation ) when it isn't followed?

I looked back on some of my menu's ( Christmases and Thanksgiving's past )
    Seems I have done the sit down serving small courses a few times.
    2012, 14, 16, 17 and for both Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2019 we did that.
    2013 and 2018 we had a traditional meal. Everything out at once, everyone stuffs their face...ha ha.
    ( btw your turkey meatballs in sauce had me drooling! They sound delicious )
    Darn it all eh? One minute I'm adamant not to make more work for myself, then I get all caught up in
    recipes and want to do a fancier version.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@Lynn49 @walkonby this color code makes no sense cuz gray is worse then red! Which one gets the most attention from you?
    End of rant!
    Another grey day but hey got the walk in and survived (apart from the usual complaints!)
    Also some phone calls(For those that don't know One talks with their voice not their fingers! Although I have seen talk and arms flailing at times) to keep some folk from being socially isolated.
    Although Christmas is one month away, no time for tree and decorations, rather get parcel off to DS&DW down in Oz!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Right now I'm so extremely angry with Ford and his cronies .... I dare him to him try to keep me away from my family at Christmas!!!
    walkonby likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby - love that poem. Thanks for posting
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello friends!

Dreary, rainy, foggy day today but got my "pencil" tree up. Not decorated yet.

Found out that dog groomers are considered "essential " which is good because my and my friend's dog have appointments next Friday.

Thanksgiving tomorrow and I finally found a turkey breast as well as some distilled water for my humidifier.

Your turkey meatballs do sound luscious, @Lynn49 !

Well, I loved that poem! I am happy to see my decorations go up. Makes the season feel festive.

Time for me to sleep.

Wishing you all good night and sleep well!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Silk, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Silk, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays Thanks as always for making my morning start with a smile
    Silk, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

@GoJays , that box of rocks is fun, but I've also read that some people exchange junk mail into each envelope and send them off! They're stamped, properly addressed, so off they go. I expect it keeps people in jobs in the mail rooms, so that's a positive! Hahaha! Loved the "top notch insult".

@avoncallingu , those turkey meatballs are so easy...make the turkey meatballs, haul out a crockpot. Mix together a jar of marmalade and a can of chunky cranberry sauce, put some in the bottom of the pot, layer in the meatballs, repeat layering, cook on high for 2--3 hours or until the meat reaches a temp of 165 F. So yummy! I think it would be just as nice using any leftover Turkey, also!

@walkonby , thank you for your "tasting menu" recipe ideas that you used, I think there are several possibilities there, the best one being soup!! I've made my Mom's borscht for years, and the butternut squash recipe that I snagged out of an LCBO magazine a few years ago is heavenly. I serve it over a canned half pear, bums up. Lol!

Such a grey day, it sure doesnt make me excited to do anything.
    I downloaded a festive Christmas murder mystery audio book, so I may listen to the rest of it today.

Enjoy your day, everywhere, and for haven's sake, don't trip over those coloured lines designating you colour-coded zones. 😉
    Silk, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh! Don't forget....Macy's Thanksgiving parade this morning!
    AND NFL games all day!!😊🤗
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A very happy good morning to all of you @GoJays , @danger_dan and @flemeth !!
    I login and immediately smile when I see the jokes and comments.

oh @Lynn49 you cheater you!! I was thinking that meatball thing would be an ordeal to make. Well hrmph! I might just make some before Christmas...I am also quite happy my suggestions gave you something fruitful to work with....soup!!
    Oh and I forgot about this incredible and spicy treat that I made one year as part of the dessert offerings.

Put a can of pear halves with the juice into a deep bowl and dump in red cinnamon hearts...judge how many you want to use and let them " marinate in the fridge. ( overnight is probably enough time )
    They turn the juices and pears red and taste amazingly spicy!! Plus there is the RED colour for Christmas.

your welcome....lol!
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Nov 26th, 2020 at 10:47 AM.
    Silk, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information