User Tag List

Page 1446 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 446 946 1346 1396 1436 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1456 1496 1546 1946 ... LastLast
Results 21,676 to 21,690 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hi @Lynn49 - well, wrt how I picked my username I think it was more laziness than brilliance lol - but thanks for the compliment I’m with you - I’m so happy to have this skill. I love to type . Like you, I fly on my computer - which is why texting frustrates me. Sometimes I respond to a text by emailing back from my computer! Lol Same with using my tablet - when I first got it I bought a mini keyboard for it. Worked pretty well but now it doesn’t seem to hold a charge anymore.

You took typing in HS? Racking my brain here but I believe I was in grade 7. Having just moved, I was in a new school (moved a number of times which is why I’m not 100% sure it was grade 7, but pretty sure.). I was put in a typing class. But the school year had already started - I think there were maybe 3 months left to the year - and the typing teacher who was very rigid and systematic in her ways did not want to teach me from scratch. Instead she had me sit in the back of the room at a desk with a covered typewriter on it. I was literally 2 rows away from the other students she was teaching to type and I think I was told to just keep myself busy. For three months! I was a very obedient kid then but I was mad/annoyed and envious of the other kids learning to type. So when the school year was finished I signed up for summer school and took a typing class! One of the best decisions of my life

It’s so cool that you’re a touch typist too. I almost didn’t put that in my post but glad I did I guess that’s why you can appreciate the ‘intricacies’ of how I chose my username compared to someone else who might find those details boring! Lol. Did you ever have a job using your typing skills? And I have to ask - what do you like/look for when choosing a keyboard? I like one that *snaps* back I think I’m still using the first keyboard from my very first computer!

Btw, I’m pretty sure I *have* typed ' duck it' - and on purpose!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I wonder if they teach keyboarding in school these days. It would be scary tho if they taught kids how to text on cell phones
    Natalka, Silk, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@Thatdone - I'd sign up for that - a class on texting on cell phones. That tiny keyboard is going to be the death of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I wonder if they teach keyboarding in school these days. It would be scary tho if they taught kids how to text on cell phones
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    @Thatdone - I'd sign up for that - a class on texting on cell phones. That tiny keyboard is going to be the death of me.
    I have a very bad habit of hitting the period when I want the space and the space when I want the V. And me being somewhat ocd, I have to go back and correct it even though what I typed is completely legible
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good Saturday morning! Although every day here is Saturday.😋

I'm imagining people running in and out of stores here, frantically searching for gifts. {{{shudder}}}. I was done a month ago, but I so miss these last days with my late BFF. We'd be out almost every day this time of the year not looking for those important gifts, which we already had, but we loved finding those little gems greatly reduced, to add to our girls' gifts and to simply enjoy the festive atmosphere. And lunch. I was so blessed to have her and still my Husband, for my best friends....I recall those song lyrics, "I must have done something good..."

Ok, @Silk , and anyone else of our late middle-age, why oh why were typing and home ec teachers the most burned-out, pinched, squeaked when they walked women?! Where were the young, fun women teaching those subjects? Perhaps spending a day listening to those typewriters and the banging of the returning carriages gave them migraines every day? Lol! But home ec?! What's more fun then teaching us lovely girls to cook? Hahaha! Memories of creamed peas on toast!

Yep. When we had our first keyboard, it had that clickety click sound and truth be told, I still loved it. Now I still prefer using our home computer rather than this tablet, but no clicking, AND have you noticed that the "g and h" keys don't have the more obvious bumps on them?! Why? Because they mean nothing to the two-fingered peckers! 😖 No hitting the keyboard in the dark! Hahaha!

@GoJays , I can't tell you how many times I've hit that 'v, c, or z' instead of the spacebar! When I look up, there are a half dozen words crammedctigeter! Hahaha! Yep...that's just one example!

Yes, I did have one of my first jobs using a typewriter...as a doctor's receptionist. Only for just over a year, as we left here when we got married, but came back after 3 years away. My Hubby's first teaching job was on Manitoulin Island, the brand new high school, and we usually came "home" every weekend. What a shock living there, but thank goodness we were all in the same boat, and stuck together. I did learn to golf and curl there, so that was nice.

So! How is everyone doing with their shopping, baking, wrapping this weekend?
    All caught up?

Will you be with family, visiting, or spending time zooming?

I'll be sipping my coffee in my perfect, new coffee cup. 🤗

Have a lovely, safe, day!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Dec 19th, 2020 at 11:57 AM.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@GoJays and @Lynn49 - I make those typing mistakes too And if it's something for someone else's eyes, I correct like crazy. I'm not OCD but I'm too perfectionistic about some things for my liking (learning to grow out of that though, thank goodness!)

Lynn, my keyboard has little raised lines at the bottom of the F and J keys - I guess to identify the keys for the index fingers on the home row - and that's it - nothing on any of the other keys. I forgot they were there! lol

I'm lazy about my typing posture these days - my wrists just love hugging the keyboard. But like they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

I better go - I've made a ton of mistakes just writing this post! It's been a long day...

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, @ everyone!
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Dec 20th, 2020 at 03:13 AM.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    Have a great life!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Who woke up at 4 a.m. and tossed one of those frozen Butterball " footballs " in the oven? They take 4 hours to cook, so obviously I will be up till then. Make better choices someone once told me, I should've listened.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    @walkonby your family will be grateful . You can always nap later.

Did some sugar cookies and spiced cookies yesterday. Not sure what will be on my agenda for Today except for a long walk since it beautiful out.

Enjoy your Sunday all
    Natalka, Silk, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Who woke up at 4 a.m. and tossed one of those frozen Butterball " footballs " in the oven? They take 4 hours to cook, so obviously I will be up till then. Make better choices someone once told me, I should've listened.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk, @walkonby . Silly goose. But I do understand your odd hours, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. I know your Family appreciates the wonderful care you take with them. You sleeping??

Just another day in paradise, , nothing going on, no reason to go out, just making plans wrt hosting the kids for dinner next Wednesday, and Christmas day. I'm SO excited for Christmas!, I just can't wait for them to open their gifts! DD and I had a 2-hr chat yesterday, lol...3 blocks away, and although they invited us over, if I don't get quality rest until Christmas, I won't be totally present. So to speak. 😏

So! A new strain of covid has popped up in Britain, just as planes from there are landing in Canada! What an interesting development. I wonder if from here on, new vaccinations will have to be developed every year just like flu vaccines. The BBC news channel is always more interesting (there's actual news from countries other than Canada and the US!).

Ok! Get on with your wrapping, baking, LCBO runs! Hahaha!
    Silk, walkonby and crafter like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hey gang! I am still awake, kinda.
    Everything is cooked, sliced and in the fridge.
    Needed something other than spuds or stuffing as a side so decided on an egg noodle/cheese sauce number.

Hit a road block again relying on processed items.
    The storeroom was bare of any more Classico white sauces, was forced to make my own.
    If anyone wants to make their own white cheese sauce yummier add some dry mustard to the flour, s & p, butter mixture, before you blend in the milk. I always mix in baby green peas at the end.
    A nap is coming soon.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, I guess none of us are going anywhere for the next month or so. Gee, if only the IDIOTS who insist on partying and going out would fkn listen to the people in charge, then perhaps we'd be in much better shape than we're actually in
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Heard the news today. Sis in law is coming since she's on her own...we're her only household contact. cxl'd Christmas eve with my parents.
    we will do zoom or messenger chat.
    Will go over for an outdoor coffee visit on a warm sunny day like we did back in March. If it gets much worse out this way, I'll offer to start grocery shopping for my parents again.
    Having the normal pre-holiday breakdowns 1) electric fireplace switch isn't working anymore 2) handle on our bathroom toilet is getting finicky (want sis in law to have her own bathroom) 3) my glasses are getting super lose on one side and don't think it's a screw to tighten. (we're up for our biannual check up in 2 weeks..sigh)
    Pray that everyone is well and stays safe
    Silk, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Well, I guess none of us are going anywhere for the next month or so. Gee, if only the IDIOTS who insist on partying and going out would fkn listen to the people in charge, then perhaps we'd be in much better shape than we're actually in
    All bluster and no bite....not enough fines for those anti-mask fools! Put those selfish @$$holes on their own island and let them work it all out. As usual, everyone is punished for the few. Jerks.
    Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Province-wide lockdown as of Christmas Eve...the Ontario government is poised to announce a sweeping shutdown of non-essential services on Monday. The lockdown will begin at 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 24, according to the sources cited by CTV News.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/ontario-said-to-plan-province-wide-lockdown-as-of-christmas-eve-1.1539378
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Dec 20th, 2020 at 10:37 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

So no Christmas Eve panic shopping...gee- too bad for those who were planning to do it. 😃

I'm not happy that our Christmas Eve church service will be minus music since the pianist won't be able to live-stream from the church.

Remember to watch for the Christmas star just after sundown tomorrow in the Southwest sky.

Saturn and Jupiter joining forces to light up the night.

Have a good "Shortest day of the year" - Winter Solstice tomorrow.

Good night!
    Natalka, Silk and GoJays like this.

Thread Information