User Tag List

Page 1481 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 481 981 1381 1431 1471 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1491 1531 1581 ... LastLast
Results 22,201 to 22,215 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Happy St Valentines day to everyone. We dont celebrate this day anymore because 14 years ago we buryed my Mom. So.......
    @snowflake (((HUGS))) No matter how many years pass it’s always difficult

Today my mom first cousin funeral so Valentines would never be the same in our family also. She is like a mom to me and with COVID it’s harder since we can’t be together
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Wishing the happiest of Family Day to all!! ( even though we are sort of forbidden to actually spend any in person, face to face time with our actual families....grrrr!!!! )

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...uring-covid-19

No matter, we'll make do. We did another zoom-type call with DS #1 starring his wee adorable new kitten. We had to keep telling DS to move out of the shot so we could see more of the kitten....ha ha !! No I'm exaggerating.
    This little ball of claws and big ears does stotting/pronkng as good as any baby goat! A single long shoelace is his nemesis!! It's pure joy to have any furbaby during these trying isolated work days.
    Skippy, Natalka and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@walkonby - I am so very jealous of the kitten!
    I still dream about Vader, and have actually called for her to snuggle during the night.

My tummy bug hung around for another day yesterday, though it wasn't as horrid. I did have to eat some real food for supper because I was so very hungry.
    @avoncallingu - such exciting news about your brother!
    I really like cinnamon hearts, but it depends on the brand. Husband went to Shoppers yesterday and I asked him to pick up a small package, but he said they were out. ...and apparently out of his mind, too, since he couldn't even get me something... Anything...

Today we should get out of the polar vortex for a while, prediction is for -19 today, then in minus teens for the week.

Happy Family Day to you all!
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Feb 15th, 2021 at 01:34 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  marge-kennedy-1561747824.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  251.0 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Feb 15th, 2021 at 01:35 PM.
    Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good news about your brother! And you are not the only person who hates Cinnamon Hearts! They are devil candy. Many many years ago there was a gum called 'Freshen Up' (I think) and it was like a cube with liquid flavoured stuff inside. There was a cinnamon variety of that gum and it too was repulsive. I ate a piece once as a kid and nearly lost my mind. Why so hot and why doesn't cinnamon anything taste at all like cinnamon? Now, give me a roll of fruit flavoured Certs and I'd be in heaven...

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I must be the only person I know that HATES cinnamon hearts.

Burn my tongue!

My friend and I had take-out Chinese food last night to celebrate the Chinese New Year. I hadn't had fried food in so long- and I just finished taking my stomach meds twice a day- Heartburn darned near killed me last night.

My friend says she has to give her dog Pepcid AC and she takes some if she has indigestion, so I went to Shopper's today to get some on my way to deliver Valentines to my BrotherB and family.

Well, somehow that box of Pepcid AC cost me $174.00. I fell victim to their sales. I hadn't been shopping much and all the things that I was getting low on seemed to be on sale! How can a woman resist?

My BrotherB was a Don at WLU residence and one of his floor "charges" now writes for The National Post.

He wrote a big article about my BrotherB and the book he wrote and the Chatham All Stars baseball team that won a provincial championship in 1934- a decade before Jackie Robinson broke into the Major Leagues. It appeared today.

That article has now been featured in The Vancouver Sun and BrotherB has been asked to "appear" virtually in a Podcast by the Detroit Black History Museum.

Well, Fergie Jenkins is from Chatham, and through Chatham connections, Fergie Jenkins has ordered several of BrotherB 's books and says he'd like to "have a beer" with my Brother B when he visits his daughters in Chatham sometime after the pandemic.

Exciting times for my BrotherB!

Must get to sleep!
    Good night all!
    Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Natalka we all share the agony of losing our beloved furbabies.
    Our DS had to make the decision to euthanize his first and only all white cat a few years back, and we never imagined he could open his heart up to another pet again.
    DH and I haven't yet been able to see the wee kitty in person for official snuggles but at some point before it is out of kitten-hood we hope to.

Bummer on the tummy bug you shared your time with, but great you could at least eat something again.
    We got snow!! Not as bad as Texas or other U.S. States, but this dumping will require a shoveling.

DH and I had to pick our jaws up off the floor after that disaster of a Leaf game against Ottawa.
    We both went from absolute elation with their 5-1 lead and then witnessed it evaporate in the O.T. 6-5 loss.
    I'll be sleeping in Tuesday.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning? Night?
    My little Tootie needed to get out to pee, and the snow on our balcony was in a drift almost as tall as her little legs!

I hate to think what her usual boulevard "relief" area is like!

It's grooming day for her and my friend's dog today. (Way overdue!) She's had an ear infection so I have had to put drops in her ears - She's a mucky mess.

Then my friend's dog needs to see the vet about a "black" tooth she has. Her breath smells TERRIBLE! And she's always desperate to lick my face when I pick her up. She has an advanced case of congestive heart failure and cannot have general anaesthetic. I have my fingers crossed that they can fix this tooth of hers somehow.

I am sorry to hear of your continuing challenges, @Natalka !

New kitties are very sweet, @walkonby . Hope you get a cuddle soon.

Well, Tootie has managed to get back to sleep. I should give it a try.

See y'all!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @avoncallingu
    The drifts are ridiculous. There's nothing on our side of the house and yet you can't see the neighbor's basement window because it is completely covered. The houses are only about ten feet apart Sigh, winter. Good times.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

Does anyone else turn to the Smithsonian Canada channel then realize 2 hours has gone by?
    Canada Over the Edge is mesmerizing....this morning featuring the coastline and the villages that dot it. I said to Hubby that if the world ever returns to normal we should fly there and rent a car and just drive......

@avoncallingu , your friend's dog dental problems seem to have been going on for some time, so much so that dental infections have affected her heart causing her weakened heart. A problem humans also share. I wouldn't be surprised if many of her teeth will need to be removed, poor muffin.

All my quilt blocks have been assembled, slashed apart, reconfigured and sewn back together again...30 x 10" blocks. Now for the sashing, binding and quilting to do before camping season!

Boy y'all sure did get hit by winter overnight down there! We had to laugh at one reporter on the weather network, dressed for the arctic, protecting himself from those dangerous -17 to -20 temperatures!! Lol! Wimp! That's a balmy winter day here some winters! This year, no complaints.

Ok! Enjoy your day, everyone! Anxious to see the results here when we enter the orange zone shortly. We'll wait indoors.
    Skippy, Natalka, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lynn49
    I like watching Canada Over the Edge as well. There is also an American version as well, equally as interesting
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    @Lynn49
    I like watching Canada Over the Edge as well. There is also an American version as well, equally as interesting
    Thank you, @GoJays !
    Stay well, my Friend!
    GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Thread Information