User Tag List

Page 1488 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 488 988 1388 1438 1478 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1498 1538 1588 ... LastLast
Results 22,306 to 22,320 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

holy moly! Hi everyone. It sure has been a very interesting 36 hours or so for us here.

Name:  cranky pants.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  30.7 KB

I am JUST now squeezing out of my cranky pants ( again ).

Not sure if anyone recalls me mentioning that there is major road work being done across from us. Digging up sidewalks, road ways etc. Some lame brain on the crew apparently screwed up.

All I knew was on Thursday around noon was there was no internet connection available. It does happen, not often and not for long, but finally around 3 p.m. I picked up the phone ( yes, we only have a landline, no cell phones here ) to call Bell about the shoddy internet service but heard only a busy signal.

I assumed one of the extensions must be off the hook, so I went around to all the rooms. Nope, they were all fine.
    There was no way for me to find out what was going on. Should i go outside??!!
    I decided to just wait this out.
    Friday morning I was losing my mind... so I taped a note to my neighbour's garage door asking him to knock on my door when he got it.
    So sweet of him, he came by and told me about the telephone/internet cables being severed and that our entire street was out, and no word on when they would get it fixed.

Thank goodness we still had tv. Also electricity and water, food, each other....I started reflecting on Texans and what they had endured recently. Blessings all around me yet I fell right into that entitled role.
    Took me a bit but I came around to changing my mood.

The repairs happened tonight around 10:30-ish and I immediately began replying to a few emails. Then I came here to see what was new.

@Natalka your therapy session sounded quite intense. Congrats on making progress with the walker though.
    @avoncallingu my condolences on the passing of your friend.
    @Lynn49 happy, happy news about GS's negative covid test.

I think I missed dinner? yep, I did. Dozed off while watching " something " on tv.
    Hope all you hard working stiffs have a well deserved weekend of rest!!

I'm thrilled we can watch the new episode of WandaVision now ( well at 3 a.m. )
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Feb 26th, 2021 at 11:41 PM.
    Lynn49, GoJays, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@avoncallingu, both our GS's present school and elementary schools were shut down the very next day those kids tested positive. They texted our Daughter just after 1am that night, which she checked at 7am as our GS was about to shower before school. He was disappointed but of course understood the gravity of the situation. The schools will open end of next week but students who want to return to class must have a negative test result or remain home for 2 weeks before they can return.
    Sorry to learn of the passing of your friend.

Well.....here's a story for you all: friends of friends here decided to fly to Florida because " they have a home there and they'd be safe".
    They both contracted covid there, her husband is on a ventilator, she can't visit him of course so she sits in their house.....So far they've accumulated over $300,000 in medical expenses! They'll have to sell both homes (Florida homes are relatively inexpensive though) to pay for their treatment. I can't imagine how much more they'll accumulate in medical expenses since he's still on a ventilator, then will be treated in ICU, then in a room, then having tested negative (however long that takes!), then flying home, being isolated for 2 weeks....what a tangled web for a little sunshine!

They asked a friend to start a "Go Fund Me" page but the friend said, 'no way! those are for people who through no fault of their own, need help. You were warned to stay home but you chose to leave'.
    Good on that friend although they may not be friends now.

Happy to be safe here, boring or not!

Happy Saturday everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Feb 27th, 2021 at 11:39 AM.
    Skippy, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'll never understand the selfish needs of people @Lynn49 , and then to ask for a go fund me? Good for that (ex)friend for saying no. Karma's a b!tch, eh?
    Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 I am not one to cheer-lead misery but what the heck were they thinking traveling to Florida!!??? The medical expenses down there should have been their first consideration before hopping on a plane.
    Gosh it's sure nice outside today!!

If anyone gets Sportsnet the Blue Jays schedule is up! There will be 10 games aired, the first one starting on Sunday against the Yankees!! Meanwhile it's the Leafs vs Oilers tonight for us.

Two things I know you'll avoid on Sunday for sure Lynn.
    The first is the Golden Globe Awards Show and the second is Trump is the guest speaker given the coveted last spot at the CPAC ( GOP Convention )

ha ha ha I am laughing now at your response.
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Yoiks! @walkonby and @Lynn49 !

How a bad decision or move can have far-reaching consequences!

Well the weather turned out to be lovely here after all.

My back is KILLING me though as I have been carrying Tootie over icy/salt-covered areas to get her to somewhere that she can "go."

So, when my BrotherB went to his massage therapist, she told him that the muscle that he had strained in his neck from his fall, would probably press on his esophagus which would make him cough. And so it has.

He did say that he has put IcyHot patches on his back which has given him relief. So I went to the Pharmacy and got some. We'll see how it works. The thing is, when you start feeling better you think that you can do things that you really shouldn't.

I also went into Michael's which is in the same plaza to get some yarn. Cambridge is asking for knitters to produce 10,000 poppies for next Remembrance Day which they will stream down the front of their library. It is across from their cenotaph. So, I am set to keep my little hands busy while I watch TV. It was so lovely to see all the spring colours of the crafts and flowers as I walked down to find the yarn.

I think that I will take Tootie out for a VERY short stroll while it is still bright and the sun is up. (Yay- getting longer days each day!) But I am hoping for TERRIBLE weather on Monday. Now why would that be?

Now don't forget to say, "Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits, " on Monday for the March Hare.

See you later my friends!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Feb 27th, 2021 at 04:24 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@GoJays, @walkonby, @avoncallingu, like you I'm nor normally inclined to think, "I told you so", but they WERE told by our gov't to stay put, they didn't, so there are your consequences! Yes, Karma at its best.

Along with that hunter who killed that elephant and then got eaten by a crocodile!! Again, Karma at work!!

@walkonby....bwahahahahahaha!!!! Awards shows?!! You know me only too well. The orange guy? Why on earth is anyone wasting time on that puke by giving it air time??!!!

Or to put awards shows into Jerry's words:

But you enjoy yourselves, everyone!! I'll be somewhere else.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Mm-hm...seems I'm not alone....just sayin'.......
    I think it's because actors/actresses are irrelevant.
    Let's celebrate the people who really counted and continue to be counted during this pandemic.
    Fawning over each other and salivating over an award is just too ridiculous.

GoJays, SnowFlakey and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Wowzers so much to take in on the thread on a Saturday night and we're not even in Sudbury as with Stompin Tom.
    Today was kinda non stop around here with my usual Saturday duties. All good though.
    Back to the letter "C"(all in Capital letters)I was pondering my Cat and how for the longest time it seems I wouldn't mind having my own purr box. Just to be so happy and Content that I Couldn't help but automatically purr, what a life it would be! I then Caught him the other day after eating his food and enjoying it so much that his tongue went all over his face! I thought to myself man I would love to do that too and get away with it! It then dawned on me that I Could since DW isn't always around when I eat! However my tongue to face ratio doesn't work!
    I will draw the line at licking my butt like a Cat, not that I have or ever would try. Don't even want to go there. For those wondering I am not high,nor drunk,just some inward thinking on a Saturday night.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^

bwahahahaha!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@Skippy , you were in rare form last night, hahaha! Love how sometimes our fleeting thoughts can actually be put into words...and you did just that! Thank you for a morning smile!

Our GS visited us yesterday and omgosh, the things I learn from him! Did you know there's an immortal jellyfish out there? Or that the bite force of a chihuahua is one of the strongest if not the strongest on earth?! Or that there's a fish called a "blob fish" that's enough to give one nightmares?! Ugh. I can't unsee it! Or it's silly fun to play Blob Opera on here?! Lol!
    He's exhausting! Lol!
    He plays chess with my Hubby because he's a challenge for him...but with me it's all about 'what's out there'. Lol!

Today is a nothing day....I want to go through my clothes (some with tags) to donate them but I'll have to find out what the protocols are for St Vincent de Paul here. So as Hubby is doing our taxes I'll haul 2 closets of clothing that are folded (for how long?!) on the shelves, onto the floor to go through them...I hope I can be as ruthless as our Daughter!

So toodles for now! Happy, relaxing Sunday!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Feb 28th, 2021 at 11:27 AM.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 2 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Natalka, physiotherapists are known ball-breakers but they do so much good. After my second TKN, i was in a rehab center and the phyiotherapist was a real sadist! I couldnt bend my knee to the degree that she wanted so she pressed down in my knee and i passed out from the pain. But you know, in the long run it helped me. But not at the time.

Yesterday was a real bad day for me. Every single bone in my body ached. I have Advanced degenerative arthrosis and every so often this is how i feel. I take 2 prescription strength Tylynol when i feel like this. The doc wants to give me something stronger but i have a problem with pills (i never know when i will have an allergy). I spent the day sitting in my 'sick chair'. Hubby was really good, cooked a great dinner, cleaned up and everything and this morning ordered breakfast and picked it up. I am blessed.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Natalka, physiotherapists are known ball-breakers but they do so much good. After my second TKN, i was in a rehab center and the phyiotherapist was a real sadist! I couldnt bend my knee to the degree that she wanted so she pressed down in my knee and i passed out from the pain. But you know, in the long run it helped me. But not at the time.

Yesterday was a real bad day for me. Every single bone in my body ached. I have Advanced degenerative arthrosis and every so often this is how i feel. I take 2 prescription strength Tylynol when i feel like this. The doc wants to give me something stronger but i have a problem with pills (i never know when i will have an allergy). I spent the day sitting in my 'sick chair'. Hubby was really good, cooked a great dinner, cleaned up and everything and this morning ordered breakfast and picked it up. I am blessed.
    Aw, @SnowFlakey , I'm sorry to hear of your pain and discomfort. Hon, I spend many days in my sofa recliner with my fibro/osteoarthritis/degenerated discs/sciatica, and lately asthma (back on 2 puffers, but hey...it's my first sign of SPRING!), lol....like you, I'm not into pills, I only have 1 prescribed med and that's to control my bp which is nicely controlled. I also know the frustration which I'm guessing you share, in that as much as we'd like to be gung-ho and accomplish what would seem little to someone else, we still can't manage it.

These past few days I'm squaring off 30 quilt squares with my cutting mat and rotary cutter and would you believe I can only do 4 or 5 before I have to rest?!! My arms, shoulders just burn with pain. So I stop, play on here for a while, then attempt a couple more.

Like you, I have an amazing Hubby who does most of the cooking, vacuuming (I can't even be in the same room with my asthma) although I'm a pretty good sous-chef at cutting stuff up at the table.....he does so much around here I'm so blessed. The past 50 years have been so easy with him.
    I hope for better days ahead for you.

I was in physio at our hospital for about a year after my 3 surgeries to repair a break and none of them were like the demon you had!! OMgosh, here they all absolutely told me that if something hurts, its had enough, to only push through UNTIL it's uncomfortable and that's it. Slowly I was able to walk normally again. Some fun passing out from pain though, isn't it? I often wondered what it would take for someone to do that, and I found out when my surgeon and 3 other nurses tried to lift me onto the surgical table by holding the corners of the sheet I was on, on the gurney. The gal on the side of my broken leg let the sheet go slack and boom! Out like a light!! Made it easy for them to move me then, though, I guess.

Ah well...we do what we can when we can. I just dumped 2 closet shelves of clothes onto the floor, put just about all of it into a plastic bag for St Vincent de Paul here, and that was all I could manage for now. I'll be back to tidy everything up after I rest. Dang it, eh???

Keep safe, SnowFlakey!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lynn-I am guessing you were not the Sudbury area resident who won the 70 million-darn!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Lynn-I am guessing you were not the Sudbury area resident who won the 70 million-darn!
    No. I never buy tickets for any lotteries, I'd rather have my money in the bank making babies, lol, but Hubby does and was in a group that bought tickets. I'm not sure they still do.
    So no......although we'd primarily use money for travel, but where on earth would one go now?!

Actually, we were planning a train trip to the east coast, a drop off, get back on thing, but nope....not now. A road trip may still be in order.
    One day. Likely a couple of years away with this covid thing.

Stay well, @lizzie bargain !

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello!!

How's everyone??
    Skippy, SnowFlakey and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information