User Tag List

Page 1515 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 515 1015 1415 1465 1505 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1525 1565 1615 ... LastLast
Results 22,711 to 22,725 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  how_this_dachshund_g.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  99.4 KB
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!
    Happy wednesday!!!
    Sunny and 8 degres for now some rain coming this afternoon
    Just a relax day
    Have a good one!!!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    It's unfortunate when our lives separated us from friends from our past, but it's a fact of life, A passing. I had a high school friend touch base with me years ago...we visited them, they visited us, but she never got past our high school years despite her and her Husband's successful careers. I stopped taking her calls. I look forward, she stayed in the past.

Sometimes people ended up in the past for good reason...you mayvhave moved in different directions.

As to your Dad, recovery is extremely frustrating. It's sometimes 1 step forward, 2 steps back. He has a lot to deal with right now...when we get sick we become very aware that we're not in charge, that as much as we think we are, something can hit us without warning and knock us down.
    I don't know how old your Dad is, but he can be struggling with a lot of thoughts.
    It'll take time, be patient, go for walks (shirt ones that dont tire him out), drives...he'll get there, it just takes time. 
    @Lynn49 : thanks.my dad is 72 year old so the recovery can be more difficult.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A very good morning to you @GoJays and @flemeth !!! Earlier birds !!! Wishing you a great day!!!
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So happy to see your post @Natalka ; Hope you will feel better and relieve today,that bread looks so good now I am hungry lol!!!
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well, mischievous Preeda learned a new trick.....she pulled out the 2 drawers of the very heavy bedside table on our DD's side of the bed, and tipped the whole thing over!

Thank goodness the mirrors on the front of it diidnt break, I doubt they could be matched!

Anyway...a day...night in the life of Preeda. Lol!

Gosh I so enjoyed reading about that new skill of Preeda's! @Lynn49 I do believe your DD's cats give her these entertaining little episodes in drip, drip, drip like fashion so that one day when she walks into the kitchen and both cats are sitting at the table sipping a coffee and say" wasssup! " , she won't be that shocked.

bwahahaha!! My mind has moved into a very weird place now.

Workmen still in the digging mode out front....such a messier procedure today because of the rain, they're working with mud now. The baklava is almost all gone. Seems it actually got tastier with age.
    No plans at all for Easter here, no special menu dinner for 3. Maybe as the week goes forward one of us will get some inspiration or motivation.
    @Natalka I was so impressed by your recently married niece baking up all those traditional breads! Wonderful to see the technique was passed down and carried on. Good luck on getting your vaccine! Ikwym though about the ages that qualify and how the 60+ group suddenly popped up.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning folks.
    the April Showers came early...pouring rain here.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Stay dry!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@Natalka , those breads look amazing! Wrt your vaccine, in some areas they have drivers, accessible Van's for people who can't manage the trip on their own. I hope something like that might be available...it just doesn't make sense that someone is designated as vulnerable then just left hangin' there. But then again....perhaps not so surprising. My Hubby has his 2 appointments booked, but I'm under 75, so nothing in OUR CITY for me, yet. In Toronto, S. Not., yes...just not us here. I hope you can find a way to get your vaccine.

That pic of Doxie is typical Jenny....sleuthing out even the smallest sunny spot on the floor to bask in. Sometimes just her nose basks. Lol. What is it with little black pups? Jenny finds the sunshine on our deck at camp and flops down for her naps!

@walkonby , hahaha...you're probably right.....except that when our DD walks in on the twins sipping tea, they're more likely to look at her and say, ' We don't recall inviting you...' Siamese are such snobs, lol! Preeda also claims her cellphone....puts her paw on it, pulls it to herself, and if our DD reaches for it, she'll be scratched. She has to be distracted for her to retrieve her phone. But as mischievous as they are, they are loved...

Looks like the sun wants out, so I may head out with Hubby and Jenn for a walk later.

Enjoy your day, everyone, stay safe.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad went to his doctor appoitement with my aunt.He said no more difficulty with the stairs and to walk to much.He said the appoitement went great.He booked by internet portal his first shot of covid vaccine,will be april 22.By this time he will be able to drive.Nothing can be done to his painfull leg.... at least for the moment..he is reseing his doctor in 3 weeks.He will follow up with him no need to go to an intermist(cardiologue helper) Tne scarfs are great and overhall a good apointement to be on the same page.He will have in 2 months a call from the hospital to pass a test for polypes,(the test when you drink something that dont taste good lol) because it is a familly thing have...lool

He talk about purchasing my couzine car ...It is a 2003 ...an acura..not agree on that..it is too soon and it is an old car..but low kilo and no repairs..we shalls see..

Have a good afternoon,not sure if we will have rain
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Easter breads made by niece in Alberta, the one who got married recently.
    Attachment 367667
    Alas, another talented lass out of circulation, so no chance for me.
    walkonby likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well gang I'm finally posting after my last few attempts were thwarted by pain, in particular shoulder pain.
    Wonky weather again cool,damp and dark for most of the day and now the sun decides to come out, after my walk even!. Oh well I will gladly take it.
    I'm encouraged that despite whatever one is dealing with in life, both the good and the bad.The effort is made to still pop into here if only for a bit or even longer.It's good to be a part of this world. Have a great evening!
    Natalka, walkonby and cath007 like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello my friends! I have been reading all your posts but at such a late hour that I am too tired to type.

My nephew is moving to The Soo.

Anyone have any summer job or fall apartment connections there?

He is taking a 2 year course in something about environmental care at Soo College which might be extended to a degree course at Algoma.

He's being driven up there by his family and will live with his girlfriend's (yes girlfriend) mother until the fall when they will both go back to class and get an apartment together. (My baby is all grown up!!)

It will be interesting to see tomorrow what Ford is going to do wrt restrictions/lockdowns.

@Natalka - I'm always interested to see your Easter Bread posts. Great that your niece shared the pics of her lovely baking with you!

@walkonby - Baklava, did you say Baklava? Yummers!

@Lynn49 - those mischievous cats should be on some sort of TikTok post (But they probably are not directly observed getting into their mischief)

My BrotherB 's book has been translated into French for distribution to French schools.

We produced a Virtual Easter Pagent last night that will be shown on Sunday. I played one of the women who see that the stone has been rolled away and is visited by the angel.

Weather is up and down here. Supposed to be cold and windy tomorrow. We have had some WILD winds in the last few days.

Well, goodnight, my friends. Sleep tight!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Hoping no one prank me today.
    @avoncallingu that awesome news that your brotherB book is published in French .

It’s chilly out right now will take my walk soon. Waiting patiently to hear what the Premier has to say today. My younger DD driving test keeps getting canceled ever time because if this Pandemic. She was supposed to do her test next week guess this will not happen.

Have a great day all
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi @avoncallingu
    Congrats on your nephew and his new studies adventure up to the Soo....hope he is able to stay safe and navigate around this darn virus.

Yes, I did make baklava (my first stab at it ) in good conscience I cannot buy it again from a bakery, that's how good this was.
    I also made a let's call it a Throwback Thursday classic dessert....pineapple upside down cake.
    Feast your eyes....drooling allowed. lol.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/22310-...3/#post7125320
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/22310-...4/#post7125880
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cath007 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Thread Information