User Tag List

Page 1527 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 527 1027 1427 1477 1517 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1537 1577 1627 ... LastLast
Results 22,891 to 22,905 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning to you all!!! Have a fabulous Wednesday!!!
    Skippy likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day everyone and thank you for the concern/best wishes for my left hind paw.I don't know how I fractured it, most likely from wear and tear. The duration for the air cast is to be determined. It's more of a hassle wearing it than anything else. Unfortunately I haven't been outside with it yet,as I am already fed up with it. There's always a gazillion things to do around the house and this will encourage me to quit putting it off.
    It's nice to have the sunshine back and to see stuff growing. Hope that whatever you're up to today finds you keeping well.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good day everyone and thank you for the concern/best wishes for my left hind paw.I don't know how I fractured it, most likely from wear and tear. The duration for the air cast is to be determined. It's more of a hassle wearing it than anything else. Unfortunately I haven't been outside with it yet,as I am already fed up with it. There's always a gazillion things to do around the house and this will encourage me to quit putting it off.
    It's nice to have the sunshine back and to see stuff growing. Hope that whatever you're up to today finds you keeping well.
    @Skippy, those gazillion things will wait, believe me. I find even dust sticks around until I'm ready to get rid of it. Nothing is more important that healing properly, so SIT! STAY! Read a book, sip wine and watch movies, order dinner in....I had a very heavy cast on from hip to toes for 6-7 weeks, couldn't even raise the darn thing onto a pillow in bed by myself for heaven's sake! I managed to get out of bed with help and head into the washroom, but that was IT. May 14th....I'll never forget it...this time of year, when the sun was finally feeling warm, spring was outside and I wasn't.
    Then another surgery...then another....then another...took over a year of physio and being in bed.

SO!! Relax, this will be over soon enough when you're bones have knitted together again which means not putting any pressure on them and un-knitting them by moving.

Sit outside, enjoy the pleasure of simply being able to do that.

I'd say get well soon, but that depends on you...right?

Take care, Skippy!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Apr 14th, 2021 at 12:47 PM.
    Natalka, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi friends! My nephew's course is called,"Adventure Recreation and Parks Technician. " It's a 2 year course and if he wants, he can switch over to Algoma to finish a degree.

@Newfiescreech - I'm not quite sure where you are , but saw that sink-hole in the Trans-Canada and the major flooding. I hope you and yours are ok.

@Skippy - listen to @Lynn49 's recommendations- she's been through an awful couple of years after a fracture. Be patient and let that sucker heal.

Our Region has had an occurrence of the South African variant. Not happy news.

Also a staff member of our next-door building has tested positive but was asymptomatic. Crossing our fingers that s/he hasn't infected others.

Well, I am going to wish you all a good night. Sweet dreams!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, @Skippy - wishing you speedy healing!

Name:  facebook_1615512880605_6775952137175534393.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  129.9 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Apr 15th, 2021 at 03:37 AM.
    Lynn49 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, everyone!

My day/night are 🙃 flipped...

However, it was an okay thing because instead off being awake with nausea, I slept off and on.

Yesterday had a physio appointment which was an hour and a half; I was exhausted. She had told me beforehand that it would be a review of my exercises, not do much on standing and stepping.
    Well, she had be go through every fargin exercise I have, which is a lot. At the end she had me do a sit/stand without the brace. I got up fine, but could only step on my toes on the right foot because my right knee was in horrible pain.

So, turns out this was my last appointment. She said she couldn't take me any further, that I had to just deal with things on my own. Now I don't know whether she just has too many patients that need her more, or what.
    I told her how I really felt about it, she didn't say anything further -but I am really disappointed...

She will drop by once more to give me new handouts of the exercises, better grouped in order of efficacy for each grouping. She had brought me two new pairs of compression stockings, which I don't really need, but they will fund every six months. Also, husband needs a new glove and she will look into getting a new jelly-thingee which is part of the doff'n donner item we use to put on mystockings.

Sorry this turned out so long....

Today was my husband's 70 th birthday. Milan came over with a cheesecake sampler (!) and they ordered supper while I was sleeping. I woke up at 10 p.m. and once I perked up, it was most awesome to have real veal cutlets.
    Enjoyed a great visit with our kid, as usual!

Ok, so now it's Thursday. I'll watch some shows til the battery runs out...
    Take care, stay safe!
    Lynn49, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  .facebook_1618253025370_6787445137327826402.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  305.2 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Apr 15th, 2021 at 04:01 AM.
    Lynn49, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and cath007 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A very Happy Big 70th Birthday to Mr. @Natalka ! ha ha
    Hope his day is spent being treated special.

Much like you Nat, my days and nights are kind of flipped. I crashed out solidly right after eating dinner last night. ( 7-ish? )
    Never heard a thing till nearly 2 a.m. Tried to continue sleeping but it was not going to happen, so my morning coffee was made at 3 a.m.
    Last night both DH and I complimented DS on his solo kitchen role. He made a truly wonderful meal AND none of us has ever eaten Beef Wellington before ( not even at a restaurant ). This was his first attempt at it too, so bravo!
    DH's turn is tonight....he'll be making crab cakes from scratch for sure, but the rest remains a ?

Hope the day goes quickly for those of you at work.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@Natalka , it feels a little like we're birds being shoved out of our comfortable nests when physio finally declares us prepared well enough to fly on our own, doesn't it? I always felt that twinge of panic, being sent off like that, it was scary. Just keep up with your exercises so that you don't compromise the success you've had and go backwards rather than forward. Good luck, Nat.

@avoncallingu , scary to have covid poke its nose in so close to your residences. I can't recall if you had your vaccine already although I imagine you have. Stay in as much as you can, please?
    Where will your nephew be staying this summer in the Sault?

@walkonby , good on your son for his adventurous cooking! Hmmm, I wonder where he gets it from? I've made beef Wellington a few times over my cooking years and I think it's a great dish for him to prepare! We're all good cooks in our families and that includes our guys, but I can't wait until our GS prepares his first dinner for his parents.

Our GS is on the way over.....how stupid to have a week break from virtual learning instead of tracking that week onto the end of the school year when its warmer outside, when everyone can be outside, biking....but no....

Anyhoodles! Not my coop, not my poop.

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Apr 15th, 2021 at 10:51 AM.
    Natalka, walkonby and cath007 like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Good Morning everyone! Wishing everyone good health and speedy recovery.

I went to Costco with daughter yesterday in my area. They were giving Covid shots, the Moderna one. I was surprised because i didnt hear about this.

Also i was making Sweet Marinated Cauliflour and while filling a glass jar, the jar cracked and everything spilled out. So i called Bernardin to tell them about it, in case there was a defect in the jar or something. This is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. Anyway the rep from Bernardin was very nice, took down info and asked me to send pics of the jar. She said once they received the pics, she would send out a recompense! I never expected that, just wanted to let them know that this has happened.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    we're all done getting poked!! ( we were told we got the Pfizer )

Attachment 367944
    You got Pfizered too?! Hope you don't have any side effects. Glad you got it.

Thread Information