User Tag List

Page 1533 of 1953 FirstFirst ... 533 1033 1433 1483 1523 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1543 1583 1633 ... LastLast
Results 22,981 to 22,995 of 29295
Like Tree118399Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @danger_dan , that's pretty enthusiastic for a Thursday!! What's up?
    morning. (sorry...i used up my Friday enthusiasm yesterday...)
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy TGIF today. Sun is out and I learned how to make Cloud Eggs, so there's something. What are Cloud Eggs ( none of you asked ? ) Well it is an egg yolk placed in a pillow of egg white ( that's the cloud ) and cooked! So fun to make. You can bake them, cook on stove top in a pan or cook in an small electric omelette maker.
    No one can hate Cloud Eggs.

Name:  cloud-eggs-t.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  17.6 KB

And this is what really happened!

Name:  Betcha can't do that.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  49.0 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Apr 23rd, 2021 at 11:57 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That cloud egg pic looks lovely, @walkonby , but, but....I'd have to eat egg whites?! I know our DD has her scrambled egg whites on a Broughie in the mornings, but I'd have to put yellow food colouring in it!! Gah.
    However, I'll try it. Likely bake 2 in ramekins....I'd have to look up the baking times....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That cloud egg pic looks lovely, @walkonby , but, but....I'd have to eat egg whites?! I know our DD has her scrambled egg whites on a Broughie in the mornings, but I'd have to put yellow food colouring in it!! Gah.
    However, I'll try it. Likely bake 2 in ramekins....I'd have to look up the baking times....
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I must say I am quite surprised that all of the regulars are still on here. Haven't been on for quite sometime...
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Just getting on to boast! My BrotherB has won a Provincial Award from his Teachers' Association for Children's Literature. He wrote a children's book called, "Hard Road to Victory, The Story of the Chatham All Stars". It tells the story of an all-black baseball team from around Chatham (where we grew up) that won a Provincial Baseball Championship in 1934. Their struggles and triumphs at least a decade before Jackie Robinson made it to the Big Leagues.

Very well written and wonderful illustrations done by 2 young artists.

I don't know all the details yet, but I am so very proud of him!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Just getting on to boast! My BrotherB has won a Provincial Award from his Teachers' Association for Children's Literature. He wrote a children's book called, "Hard Road to Victory, The Story of the Chatham All Stars". It tells the story of an all-black baseball team from around Chatham (where we grew up) that won a Provincial Baseball Championship in 1934. Their struggles and triumphs at least a decade before Jackie Robinson made it to the Big Leagues.

Very well written and wonderful illustrations done by 2 young artists.

I don't know all the details yet, but I am so very proud of him!
    How wonderful, @avoncallingu , I might heed a signed copy for our SIL'S b' day in July!
    I'll pay for it plus shipping of course!
    Please congratulate him and give him a big hug for me...he's a pretty good hugger iirc...lol!🤗
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 24th, 2021 at 11:54 AM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    How wonderful, @walkonby , I might heed a signed copy for our SIL'S b' day in July!
    I'll pay for it plus shipping of course!
    Please congratulate him and give him a big hug for me...he's a pretty good hugger iirc...lol!🤗
    I will arrange for that to happen! Thank-you very much! Can you send me his name to be included in the dedication. Thanks!
    Lynn49 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ahem.... hellloooo?? Hmmmm

Name:  lonely Caturday.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  36.3 KB
    Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@walkonby , @avoncallingu , sorry about mixing up your names. Lol...sometimes the brain disengages without notifying me.

We sat outside in that lovely sunshine in the kids' back yard, we both have our first shots, only our SIL works outside the house and precautions are very strict where he works with a half dozen or so, each at their own 'stations'.
    If flights can continue to fly potentially covid-ridden people into Canada, if strangers can mingle in grocery stores, I feel completely safe with them, outside.

Cabin fever hit me yesterday so Hubby asked me if I wanted to walk around Lowes' garden centre, so we piled into the car with Jenny and thank goodness there were very few people there so we picked up a few plants and a bouquet to put into the container by our front door. Jenny's wiggly walk as if she owned the place gave some people a giggle so she made the few people there some smiles. That was my first time anywhere in a couple of months.

The kids invited us over for a bbq today, all outdoors of course, so Hubby will head to Smith's Market for a half dozen variety of kabobs from Smith's for us...the kids have steaks they bought there yesterday.

Anyway, have a lovely day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 24th, 2021 at 12:16 PM.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I will arrange for that to happen! Thank-you very much! Can you send me his name to be included in the dedication. Thanks!
    Thank you, @avoncallingu ! I am surprised you can't remember our Son-in-law's name, we've all spent so much time together when you visited, but then again if your memory is anything like mine I shouldn't really be surprised...I have to write children's names of my contacts in my address book!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 24th, 2021 at 12:21 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy 😺 urday!

Glad I took the time to read back the week's posts, so much going on with everyone!

My knee pain - the new kind - has been hit and miss, but at least it only comes for a short time - not like the over two hours I was hit with last week. I can feel it coming, because it's so different than my usual/constant knee pain, and then I can be very careful. Still have no idea as to what a trigger could be.

A bizarre thing happened to me earlier in the week. Before bed, I was putting lotion on my legs, and as I smoothed my hand over the front of my left shin, something felt odd - sorry if TMI - don't keep reading if you are squeamish!

I looked at my fingers and there was something mixed with the lotion - a piece of skin had ripped away. Ew, i know. It didn't hurt at first, but it's been painful off and on, seemingly randomly. The next morning had my husband look at it, it's shaped oval, about loonie size. Just raw skin. Put a gauze pad on it, wrapped gauze around my leg so it could be covered.

A nurse came by Thursday for a check, so she looked at it and said she would wrap it the same way I had, and to check it in three days, so that would be today or tomorrow. She was not surprized, because my skin is so thin and fragile on my lower legs. It a good thing I can still wear my compression stockings over it.

So, yeah, it's always something - I just picture Roseanne RoseannaDanna saying it and that makes me okay.

Found a decent lemon pie substitute - because if I had one, I would eat the whole thing! Hunt's dessert pudding cups - lemon meringue. The four packs go on for a buck here, so that's a cheap 'something sweet' for me to have. Plus I don't want to bother taking Lactaid pills for just a snackie, and they have no dairy. Of course it's not real meringue, plus no crust, but it's tasty.

Nothing really new. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Name:  facebook_1618508422522_6788516350618342453.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  296.0 KB

Spring in Ukraine
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Apr 24th, 2021 at 12:50 PM.
    Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, my oldest nephew turned 50 yesterday - odd feeling...
    I was a pretty young auntie at 10.

John, my nephew, was born four months before my younger brother, +Andrew, was born. It must have been so odd for a mom and daughter to be pregnant at the same time!
    Me, being young and dumb I guess, didn't know Mom was pregnant until the night Dad took her to the hospital...
    Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I hate getting new doctors. My old doctor (not old but changed to another area before Christmas) left and the QC govt issued me a new doctor. When i met with this doc to sign papers to make it official, she looked over my meds and decided to change one of them. I have been on this new med for 3 weeks now. And im having massive side effects. I told her at the time that i have problems with meds, they dont always agree with me. She said this was a common med and just about everyone tolerated it very very well. Well guess what! I dont. I dont have any allergies towards this med but i have lots of side effects. I couldnt understand what was happening with me so i sat down and started writing how i was feeling different. The only thing that changed in my life was this med. I went on google and checked with the Mayo Clinic about side effects of this med. And sure enough, i have about 15 side effects! Couldnt believe it. I was doing very well on my other med. All she had to do was increase the dosage a bit and it would have been fine. So ive spent 3 weeks of my life wondering what the hell was wrong with me! At my age i cant afford 3 weeks of this crap!

Hubby said to call the clinic and make an telephone appointment with this doctor and tell her. He also said to call the pharmacy and advise them about this.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@SnowFlakey , we just got a new doctor since ours retired before Christmas, so I anticipated changes in my meds just to make the treatment "hers", but thank heavens she continued the repeats although we've never met, and she's been very much on top of my Hubby's bloodwork which can change so quickly.

I'd be just as upset as you if a med was changed even though I've been fine on them for years. Your Hubby is right...take your findings, paperwork of your research and get it changed back, just increased. If it's a phone appointment just fill her in on your findings....geez...15 side effects?! Absolutely unacceptable. 😥

I hope her ego doesntget in the way of your treatment.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Thread Information