User Tag List

Page 1553 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 553 1053 1453 1503 1543 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1563 1603 1653 ... LastLast
Results 23,281 to 23,295 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Schiefele was looking to pick a fight all night during the game. Less than 1 minute left in the game; they were losing anyway. He charged Evans and hit him in the head. What a horrific thing to see. Evans has a concussion and will miss some games (amount not determined). I hope Schiefele gets suspended for the rest of the Jets season. It shouldnt matter that he is one of their best players; he certainly wasnt using his brains last night. That could have been a career ending injury.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hello from what feels like hell burning - and it's only 31, going to go up to 36. Gosh, seems like something or somewhat forgot that this is central SK - we don't do these temps! I am melting - dripping. It's not attractive, let alone wholly uncomfortable.

Good news, husband's BP med wasn't on the recall list, just sounded similar.
    He was supposed to go for bloodwork today but the lab is in a mall and the Dollarama nearby had a big fire yesterday so the lab is closed. Normally he could just go to another lab location, but since he hadn't seen the doc in person, the doc contacted that location with the requisition. So the doc won't have lab results when husband goes for an actual in-person appt Monday.

But, hey, I get my vampire visit in person here tomorrow.
    Nurse came this morning to check out stuff for me. Unfortunately she came just after my husband helped my hurt leg get off the bed so I could sit, and I was all crying and in bad pain. She's got a very telling face, and I could see how upset she was that I am still dealing with so much pain...

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Name:  facebook_1621869258193_6802612717118833037.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  79.4 KB

Grape!

My current fave cool treat is Chapman's sorbet - rainbow.

Or these popsicles, they taste just like the fruit they are - like the pineapple tastes like frozen pineapple.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/popsicl.../6000195981169

Speaking of pineapples, I just cut one up - first time ever it was 3/4 rotten, such a waste. The good bits are yummy, though.
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jun 3rd, 2021 at 03:25 PM.
    Silk, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Cheap shot on Montreal's Evans at the end of last nights game.
    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @SnowFlakey Oh man! was that ever dirty! With less than a minute left? Why bother injuring a player that bad. It was only game one.
    @SnowFlakey , @walkonby ,
    Cheap shot, agreed.
    ...but to play devil's advocate...things that happen early on in a series have an impact on the rest of the series...
    thinking back to Montreal's previous series (...yes I'm still a little salty about the series results)...
    I found myself thinking about this during game 5, 6, and 7...What if John Tavares hadn't been injured in game 1...?
    Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ahem....Ikwym @danger_dan
    There are likely many bitter Leaf fans that probably screamed " how do you like it ? " when they saw Montreal lose a valuable player of their own in that first game against the Jets. So tempting to use the word karma when recalling Perry's " awkward trip " over Tavares.
    Then last night as I watched the hit ( NYI ) Clutterbuck gave to ( Bruins ) Carlo I cringed. Didn't seem like much until the camera zeroed in on Carlo's dazed and confused face. ( Not sure he'll be in the next game, concussion maybe ? )
    Bruins Marchand scored the O.T. goal for Boston, which makes it all worth it?

This is what the NHL's playoff's bring out....the worst behaviour in some of the athletes. UGGG!
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Jun 4th, 2021 at 04:53 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays

Hoping everyone are doing good and had a great week so far.

Enjoy your day all
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

TGIF for the worker bees!

Just booked my husband's second vaccine appt for June 13; his first Pfizer dose was April 7.
    My second dose timing will be whenever home care will do it - last time they called a half hour ahead. I had AZ and would prefer Pfizer for the second - yes, the short term effects can be more difficult, but it being the other strain of vaccine has proven to be a better booster. However, I will have to take whichever one they will give me.

Today won't be as horribly hot as yesterday, but still up to 29. I guess I missed a little thunderstorm during the night.

Hoping you all have a fab Friday!

I would like this...

Name:  seeing_my_neighbors.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  608.1 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jun 4th, 2021 at 12:02 PM.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hi all! Well tonight is the night. Habs play the Jets. Im hoping it will be a clean game and they will play hockey and not go retaliating. Im not an advocate of fighting, head hunting or cheap shots or wanting to injure a player. Players who aim to injure a player from the other team should get suspended for the rest of the season. Maybe that would teach them not to do that. But you know it all comes down to money and what draws the fans! That kind of stuff totally turns me off. Hockey is a sport and shouldnt involve possible career ending hits. Growing up, i watched the likes of the Richard brothers and Beliveau and so on. the players had respect for each other. Goalies didnt wear masks and players werent allowed to do slap shots or shoot above the waist. The players were fast and skilled, not like today where they have to rely on hits. anyway, thats my opinion.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning all!! Who else just watched Canada beat the USA ( IIHF ) to advance to play for Gold?!!!
    Canada has never lost their first 3 games in the IIHF Tournament until they did this year. What a comeback this was!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1401171350149074944
    Skippy, Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Far too much testosterone on ice lately!!

I believe that the player who caused those hits shouldn't be allowed to play for as long as his victim is unable to play!!
    THAT may give them something to think about if they use their brains at all.

Rained all night here which was sure welcome, plants were panting here on the island. It can stop now, though...it only rains at night here, lol. Quite the change from yesterday when our GS and his friends were swimming on a gorgeous day, and floating around on an inflatable party float. I have my fingers crossed, hoping the floating, non-inflatable water pad gets delivered before his b'day. We bought the 6x16' one so he and all his friends here can play on it. No more inflatables!

@Natalka , those temps out west are incredible! And uncomfortable! Even those with central air risk crashing the energy power grid! This sure isn't helping those western farmers. 😔

Ok....carry on, enjoy the day as best you can under whatever circumstances you find yourselves.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good morning @walkonby and@Lynn49 you have both made posts that have given me the illusion of cooling down.It's already a gazillion degrees so early in the day.I'm hunkering down with the curtains and blinds closed. Our a/c isn't hooked up yet for the season but will be later.
    Till then not doing much of anything outside. Instead I am getting around to all the inside stuff that needs to be done but at a slow pace.
    My DS who graduated 10 years ago is now 33 and told me he felt old in light of that! Ha! I told him that I was the old one!(feeling it more all the time!)
    Hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay safe and well my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good morning @walkonby and@Lynn49 you have both made posts that have given me the illusion of cooling down.It's already a gazillion degrees so early in the day.I'm hunkering down with the curtains and blinds closed. Our a/c isn't hooked up yet for the season but will be later.
    Till then not doing much of anything outside. Instead I am getting around to all the inside stuff that needs to be done but at a slow pace.
    My DS who graduated 10 years ago is now 33 and told me he felt old in light of that! Ha! I told him that I was the old one!(feeling it more all the time!)
    Hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay safe and well my friends!
    Kids, huh, @Skippy ? Our DD is 44 and mentions her arthritis, backaches now and then and of course I just tell her to wait another 30 years, then she can complain, lol. They complain, yet can do whatever they want when they want and their bodies just say, "Oh! Sure!" and they can get on with it...like walking 5-7 k every morning!! I wish!! I wish they could just grasp how lucky they are. How we wish we could be like them again. Of course, we likely took it all for granted then, also.

Hubby and I went to the Rona garden centre and picked up a few plants, then to check out the "free foods" ... it's a bargain shop that has trucks roll in, in the mornings with free foods so we picked up a few dozen eggs, 4 very large bottles of Heinz vegetable juice, one huge jar of pickled veggies, 6 jars of hot sauce, but left the cases of candy canes, Christmas cookie house kits, pudding cups and boxes of frozen back bacon there. Honestly had I the room to take them home I'd have taken several cases of candy canes to give away next Christmas.

We'll check in next week to see what the offerings are. Free is always good.

It's raining here again, so it's cooled down... @walkonby , you'd have enjoyed the freezing temp I had the trailer down to earlier, lol....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jun 5th, 2021 at 03:16 PM.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning my SC friend

Hoping everyone is enjoying there weekend.
    I am not complaining , but I find being outside yesterday was too hot and humid for me. Will be going g on my morning walk soon . My day today will be a lazy day just reading and enjoying the out doors.

Have a great day all

Thread Information