User Tag List

Page 1555 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 555 1055 1455 1505 1545 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1565 1605 1655 ... LastLast
Results 23,311 to 23,325 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Im back again. I need to vent about something. This morning when i went to see grandson off to school, he told me he got into a big arguement with mis mother. He didnt want to go to school because it very very hot in class, no air conditioning, no fans. He went yesterday and felt sick because of this. So today he want to stay home where it was cool. Some of the schools in QC were closed because of the high heat and humidity but his school was open.

anyway, he told he his mother got so mad at him that she said she didnt want him to stay with her at her place. He would have to stay at his fathers (our son) for the rest of the week. My grandson had tears in his eyes telling me all this. I tried to smooth over this arguement by saying he only had about 7 days of school left and then he was done for the summer. I mean what kind of a mother would say crap like that to her 11 year old son. She is a frustrated biatch who has never been satisfied with anything and thought the grass was greener somewhere else only to find out that the grass is the same or worse.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Tue, Jun 8th, 2021 at 11:57 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

How heartbreaking for you to have to see your grandson in emotional pain like that @SnowFlakey Only 11 years old? Not fair.
    He needs to know both parents care about him 100%. Hope he gets some comfort in knowing you have his back.

I spent part of my morning re-watching Lucifer ( Season 5 ) in preparation for the 6th and final Season, whenever that comes out. I actually sobbed through more than one of these episodes but also chair danced, waving my arms in the air like I didn't care!
    They had a few truly great song and dance numbers that the cast had inter-weaved into the story ( think about the tv show Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist ). Any Lucifer fans already knew Tom Ellis has pipes, but the supporting cast all seem to have the moves and the vocals to match him!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , that crosstitch is stunning! I still have similar tablecloths from my Baba...what's to become of them when I'm gone?! 😥

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Im back again. I need to vent about something. This morning when i went to see grandson off to school, he told me he got into a big arguement with mis mother. He didnt want to go to school because it very very hot in class, no air conditioning, no fans. He went yesterday and felt sick because of this. So today he want to stay home where it was cool. Some of the schools in QC were closed because of the high heat and humidity but his school was open.

anyway, he told he his mother got so mad at him that she said she didnt want him to stay with her at her place. He would have to stay at his fathers (our son) for the rest of the week. My grandson had tears in his eyes telling me all this. I tried to smooth over this arguement by saying he only had about 7 days of school left and then he was done for the summer. I mean what kind of a mother would say crap like that to her 11 year old son. She is a frustrated biatch who has never been satisfied with anything and thought the grass was greener somewhere else only to find out that the grass is the same or worse.
    Oh, @SnowFlakey , how heart-breaking for your Grandson and for you; you must feel so helpless. I'd likely just tell him that sometimes grown-ups have very sad days and they may say things they don't mean and that your Mom and Dad both love him very much.
    Maybe he would be better off with Dad??
    So sorry you're witness to such sadness and that stupid school for staying open during an emergency weather heat warning!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, Tweets77 and 5 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

GoJays how true! I usually lift my mask, and then lick my fingers to open those stupid produce bags! Ive seen people struggling with them and actually just leaving the store because of that. There has to be a better way. Cant someone invent a produce bag that when you roll one from the roller it would actually open the bag.
    Skippy, Natalka, Tweets77 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all. @walkonby ...just catching up with Lucifer Season 5 on Netflix right now.
    Skippy, Natalka, Tweets77 and 3 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

GoJays how true! I usually lift my mask, and then lick my fingers to open those stupid produce bags! Ive seen people struggling with them and actually just leaving the store because of that. There has to be a better way. Cant someone invent a produce bag that when you roll one from the roller it would actually open the bag.
    You two, lol!!! @SnowFlakey , @GoJays , hold the top of the bag and give it a good stretch...that loosens up the contact between the two edges and they're much easier to take apart.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! Hope everyone is managing to keep cool. I've retreated to the basement as it's cooler.
    I don't feel like I've accomplished much so far this week because of the heat. I've taken my walks earlier than usual and for the most part it's still warm-sigh! I've been down here in the basement for awhile now and can sense myself wanting to nod off. However it ain't going to happen as I'm seizing up and so need to sign off.Thanks for hearing me out, and whatever you're up to today stay safe,well and cool!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

bwahaha!! I cannot believe what I'm reading! Here I thought I was the only person with fingers that could not coax those thin produce bags open. @SnowFlakey and @GoJays I discovered the best ( and most sanitary way ) is to touch a finger and thumb on the surface of any produce that has moisture on it. Lettuces, celery, etc. It works like a charm!
    It seemed like a better idea than licking my finger.

Well it finally happened this morning. I'll not be going anywhere now ( vanity ) until Monday because my entire front bridge finally fell out! I look sad...but hilarious!!

Name:  don't look.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  15.2 KB

It's been wiggling for a month. Sigh....dang old Jenny Jones crusty bread did the trick, even though I have been super careful of not biting INTO any food for a long time.
    Did I mention I am not a fan of the dentist chair? Looking on the bright side though....soon I'll have a whole brand new set of 5 teeth in the front.
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jun 9th, 2021 at 12:58 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found that you can gently blow/puff on the edge of the bag to get them to inflate and separate. This may scare some people in these days of airborne transmission, so another way a staff member showed me was to just take a bag between hands (like you are clapping) and simply rub them back and forth to separate the sides. There should be enough moisture throughout your hands to be sufficient to grasp the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Here I thought I was the only person with fingers that could not coax those thin produce bags open. @SnowFlakey and @GoJays I discovered the best ( and most sanitary way ) is to touch a finger and thumb on the surface of any produce that has moisture on it. Lettuces, celery, etc. It works like a charm!
    It seemed like a better idea than licking my finger.
    Respectfully, that may not be such a good idea because it simply increases contact with other surfaces when we should all be trying to minimize possibility of surface transmission. While the dangers of surface transmission have not been as significant as originally thought, it is still not negligible.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While looking at the magazine stand at RCSS, I was chatting with a staff member who was wearing plastic gloves and stocking the shelves. I asked her why she wore them to re-stock magazines and periodicals. She told me it was because customers lick their fingers to turn the pages while perusing. Needless to say, I no longer buy magazines from shelves. Ick.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello friends! I'm back! temporarily at least - I don't know what I have done or haven't done, but the site would not let me sign in. Now I'm using my laptop (which I never do to communicate here) and voila - I can even "Like" you. No splainin' it Lucy!

My week has been wild but my biggest news is that Tootie's spirit has directed me towards another little rescue and I may be able to adopt her tomorrow. She is at the Guelph Humane Society (although not showing on the site any more). She is a very mini-shih tzu (6 lb.) and her name is Winnie. She is quite old - 15 but her owners turned her in to be euthanized when she had damage to her eye as they couldn't afford to get it fixed. She was scooped up and treated and now her eye is fine. Although she is well up in age, she is healthy in every other way. I had to go through an incredible adoption application - which I swear almost wanted to know what my great-grandmother's pets were - (well not really). But I was chosen from several applicants to go and meet her tomorrow and if she likes me and I like her and the staff likes how we interact, then I will be coming home with an outgoing, licky, lap-dog. (Very different, as you probably know from my dear Tootie.) I have borrowed halter and collar from my friend who also has a small dog and also a cosy bed. I have had a shih tzu before and so know the breed. I have missed Tootie so very much! The days are so long without her. I think I agree with my friend that Tootie has sent her my way.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Thread Information