User Tag List

Page 1560 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 560 1060 1460 1510 1550 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1570 1610 1660 ... LastLast
Results 23,386 to 23,400 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning all you Friday lovers! I had to get gas this morning so my outing was extended.....grabbed a couple of corn beef brisket thingys at FB, then scurried to the nearby NF. What a nice surprise that was! SCOP. 4 boxes of those Magnum Ice cream bars ALL free! ( over $22.00 refunded )
    I had one of each flavour and they had scanned wrong.

Father's Day will be yet another sad and non existent one for DH. Only one of his kids will be here. I'm doing up a charcoal BBQ with steaks and shrimp for him. We have to either do it Saturday before 7 p.m. or on Monday, as Sunday is out.
    Lets just hope I am not BBQ-ing in the rain.

Enjoy your weekend all!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Great job on those ice cream bars @walkonby ! While delicious, they are also very expensive
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ok, I had to share with you my glorious yet HUGE PITA catalpa tree. Yes, beautiful currently, however, check the mess under it! And those flowers have only just begun. When they drop, it looks like snow... and then they turn brown and crispy Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays - those blooms are beautiful! Do they have a scent!

@Lynn49 - could you please explain 'the island'? Like, the geography? Sorry if it is a stupid question... Is it a resort village surrounded by a lake, so you have to boat in?

Also, would you be so kind as to leave a link for the robe - your description sounds fab!

Hi everyone!

It is truly a backwards day. I couldn't nap yesterday early aft, but fell asleep after 5:30 or so. I didn't intend to, because Milan was coming for supper, and I just stretched out to rest my legs.

I woke up after seven, said hi to him - he had just come, he had gone to his place to have a shower after work - I remember telling them we would have to decide quickly where to order supper from, since a lot of restaurants close at 8 p.m. However, I fell back to sleep for a half hour - but then felt perky. So our options for food were limited, but we were able to order from one of our fave places - ah, their veal cutlets are decadent! Huge portions, I could only eat half - had the rest for a late lunch today.

Milan stayed til before 11 - but I ended up staying awake the whole night. Fell asleep about 6:30, off and on until 11. Husband slept all night and I til noon - makes me SO jealous. I do see he is moving much, much better than yesterday.

Got a call from the home care pharmacist - after much research on her part, her plan for getting my pricey inhaler on the drug plan will work. For all my other meds, I pay a % of cost, depending on tax forms from previous year, and that is updated every six months. This one inhaler I use, which works wonderfully, costs just under $90. Until the end of June, we are paying about 70% for our other meds. That will go down in July, because our income was lower.

So my doc will prescribe me two inhalers, both covered, to use for the next two to four weeks. After that time, if they are evaluated by my doc to not work as well as the Inspiolto, the Dr can then prescribe it for me, and the drug plan will cover it.

The pharmacist was surprized to find out I had been on this inhaler for years already and was paying full price. I had asked both my pharmacist and doc on several occasions to look into this - it's called exceptional drug status - I have used it years for psoriasis meds - but neither of them did it. This time, I was so glad the doc talked to the home care pharmacist - I didn't even know she existed - and she has now made this all happen. I couldn't thank her enough!

Hope you all have a Fab Friday!

Attachment 368990
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jun 18th, 2021 at 05:58 PM.
    Silk, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

If anyone is in touch with @avoncallingu please pass along a hi from me, I have kept her in my prayers, wondering about her.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@Lynn49 - I’m sorry to hear your second dose affected you so badly. I’m glad you’re recovering well. Fwiw, they say reaction show your have a good immune system. I got almost no reaction to my second dose and that actually has me a bit worried! Funny, eh?

@Natalka - Just want to let you know you’re in my thoughts. Re: the inhaler - they can be so pricey. I’m taking a generic now so it’s not bad but when my respirologist prescribed a new inhaler that was pricey like yours, he was able to give me some samples. I’m glad they sorted out the exception drug issue. My understanding is that a doctor can write a note about why we need that particular drug and that will usually allow the drug to be accepted under the gov Rx plan. But that’s here in Quebec - not sure about elsewhere.

I know there’s lots going on with many of you. I only had a chance to skim through a handful of messages, so sorry if I missed your news and updates

I hope you’re all hanging in there and wish everyone a nice weekend
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, Jun 18th, 2021 at 06:42 PM.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy sunny morning to everyone!

I just woke up, Hubby had a coffee ready for me, so here I am, just relaxing, looking outside to a gorgeous day!

Today is my Hubby's birthday dinner at the kids' trailer which is fun, we'll mess up our DD's kitchen! Bbqs steaks, buttery/garlicky tiny potatoes on the bbq, Hubby's Caesar salad (yep, he can't get away from that job, lol), sauteed fresh mushrooms and onions, asparagus, and I decided to make a roll of cowboy butter to melt 9n our steaks. Then presents, cake....then relaxing on their deck! Busy day for the kids! 😊

@Natalka , the campground we have our trailers is called Batmans (named for the original owners), Batmanscamping.com, which is located on Manitoulin Island. It's a very large island, accessible by car at Little Current, over a swing bridge, or at South Bay by the Tobermory ferry.
    Ontarioferries.com/Ms-chi-cheemaun/
    That's the ferry @avoncallingu took back home after her visit with us.
    It's a 1 1/2 hr drive for us.
    This campground is truly the best on the island, fully treed so that each site feels very secluded. In normal years they've organized weekend events, pot-luck dinners, pig roasts, fish fries, live bands, dancing under the stars...I have a feeling that with so many more people looking to leave cities our seasonal sites here will have an even longer list of people wanting to move in. It's a full park this weekend.

@Natalka , since I still haven't figured out how to post a url on this thing, I can just direct you to the robe on amazon: U2SKINN plush robes for women printed fleece, $30.16, brown dots on pink ( with or without hood). I hope you can find it with that, if not, I'll send you the url when we get home.

Ok! Time for brunch!

I hope everyone's weekend is as sunny as we have here.
    Stay safe and happy!☀️🤗

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads and anyone who take the role of a father .

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good Morning Top T ( @flemeth )

My DH became a Dad again around 6 p.m. last night!!
    Meet Frankie......he was found smack dab in the centre of our front pathway ( how Claudius our cat walked right past him is a miracle! ) and after an exhaustive search for a nest DH brought wee Frankie inside.

Every hour on the hour he feeds him a dry cat food mush and I feed him a fine ground cornmeal mush.
    A drop of water every so often.
    He is in a small cardboard box, high atop where the cats cannot get to him.
    My bean bag thing that I warm up to place on my sore muscles is his heating pad for now, as our house temp is more than o.k. atm. ( not cold for him)
    Frankie sleeps on a soft bed of tissues and has a blanket of a single folded sheet of paper towel.
    He poops a lot! Every time we feed him.
    Why the name Frankie you ask? I suspect a Frank Sinatra reference maybe.
    The real question should be " why the heck did DH bring this orphan in here??!! " Now I am on hourly feeding duty. hrmph!!

Name:  Frankie.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  88.8 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby that’s very sweet and caring of you and your DH to rescue the wee little thing and nurture him . Hoping today your DH can locate where he came from a nest maybe nearby.
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello Good Morning everyone!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @walkonby that’s very sweet and caring of you and your DH to rescue the wee little thing and nurture him . Hoping today your DH can locate where he came from a nest maybe nearby.
    Oh absolutely @flemeth The first thing DH did was search up high along where our outer garage wall meets the end of the pathway. We have had umpteen nests over the years up in the foliage of the plant that climbs up the downspout pipe .
    This time DH couldn't even find the remnants of any old nests either.

This made him wonder how this wee guy even survived any fall and then he managed to waddle his way onto the centre of one of our stones along the walkway? It sure is a mystery.
    I just mashed up a hard boiled egg yolk for him and added some water to make it easier to get down his throat.
    Google search says they eat egg yolk for protein.

His little squeaky baby bird chirps have now seen Hamlet come over, rest his front paws on my legs while standing up on his hind legs. He wants to know just who this freeloader is that is taking attention away from him!
    Natalka, avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Father's Day to all Dads here!

@walkonby , how sweet of your Hubby to rescue that wee little muffin....it was blessed to be found by him and now has a chance at life. I hope you post progress reports and photos as your young charge gets stronger. What a lucky little bird...it knew where to find help.

A great day yesterday, celebrating Hubby's birthday here, lots of neighbours wishing him well, our bbq at the kids', the Prof and his wife invited over for cake and of course the 3 guys polished off that scotch I bought my Hubby, one sip at a time, lol. Good company, chatting until the 11pm noise curfew here.

Enjoy your beautiful day, everyone!
    Natalka, avoncallingu and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka - YES! They have a very lovely scent, however, not strong, so the air around the tree is not perfumed. You have to stick your face right in the flower and inhale
    @walkonby - congratulations on the new baby. I had no idea you were expecting

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh absolutely @flemeth The first thing DH did was search up high along where our outer garage wall meets the end of the pathway. We have had umpteen nests over the years up in the foliage of the plant that climbs up the downspout pipe .
    This time DH couldn't even find the remnants of any old nests either.

This made him wonder how this wee guy even survived any fall and then he managed to waddle his way onto the centre of one of our stones along the walkway? It sure is a mystery.
    You might want to expand the search area.

A predatory bird may have grabbed him from a nest and dropped him as it flew away. I find the odd bone atop my roof. I suspect they are dropped mid-flight by scavenging ravens and magpies.
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Thread Information