User Tag List

Page 1561 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 561 1061 1461 1511 1551 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1571 1611 1661 ... LastLast
Results 23,401 to 23,415 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - thanks for all the info! Now I truly know why you escape there!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration!

Cute robe, so many good reviews.
    I have not bought any new clothes since my weight loss... No clue as to what size to get in regular clothes, I was a 5x.
    Biggest robe is 2-3x, a reviewer said her tag said 18-22.

Here's the link
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@walkonby - aw, congrats on your new arrival! Gee, lots of work, though. Any clue as to what kind?
    My husband was telling me yesterday that he was watching a mama magpie teach her young ones how to look for food in our backyard. The tree where the nest must be is in our neighbour's yard, but many big tree limbs go over the fence into our yard.

I was in a boatload of pain last evening and overnight, so slept off and on. I obviously already know I can handle a lot of pain, but this was the making-me-cry-nonstop type of pain. Hopefully it smartens up today.

Another nice day weather-wise for me! Mid-week we get back to 30+.

Enjoy your day!
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Father's Day!
    For those of you with dads, hoping you can spend some time with them, in person or on a call.
    For those of us without, think back to the many happy memories you had with them.

My Dad, and his father
    Name:  facebook_1624167094517_6812250541204602643.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  31.6 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Jun 20th, 2021 at 11:57 AM.
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, my friends! looks like the only way I can communicate with you is on my laptop (which I seldom use, but I will have to remember so I can chat with you.)

Wild time with my new doggie friend. The bloodwork she had done at the Humane Society gave my vet a big concern, so we redid the bloodwork (kaching) and now it confirms that she is fine. She just can't seem to find a place to pee inside that suits me and her as well. (Lots of laundry going on - bathmats, dogbeds, blankets... We will prevail and come to a mutual agreement, I am sure. She has obviously not been walked much and she sometimes just sits down. She has been groomed and had a visit with my friend "The Dog Whisperer" who tested her for allergies and suggested that she is very negatively sensitive to beef. So we now have salmon and white fish kibble which does NOT appeal to my olfactory system. Pew! But she likes it.

A very hot day today. I must get on with the things on my "to do" list. I am hosting my friend for a steak supper. So very simple side dishes.
    @walkonby - or should I call you "Bird Mummy" - will the local OSPCA take on your little charge? Thank-you for being so kind and loving!
    @Natalka - as usual - sorry to hear about your pain. You are a soldier! I am losing some weight and finding that my summer shorts are looking baggy but I can't really get out shopping with the restrictions and now having a little doggie to watch. Gentle hugs to you!
    @Lynn49 - sounds like an appropriately wonderful celebration for your DH! Hugs from me to both of you
    @flemeth - it must be hard not to be able to visit your US family. I surely wish that I could visit mine.

Well - must get on with my day. Take care, my friends!

Happy Father's Day to everyone who fits the description!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , I like my robes fully wrapped around me, double layered in front, so I ordered the largest size and its perfect..I'm a size 18, ordered the 2x-whatever and it completely double covers me in front. I hate when wraps are skimpy.
    I do have to laugh at the long tie, though...I could wrap it twice around me, lol!

You will love it!!!

@walkonby , how's your wee birdie doing this evening? Does it seem to be thriving? Is there a vet or rescue place you can get more feeding info from?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jun 20th, 2021 at 07:13 PM.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just re-ordered that robe for our DD, but with the hood...all sizes were available, just click on the size button, @walkonby !
    $29 all in! 😊
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jun 20th, 2021 at 07:40 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

@walkonby , how's your wee birdie doing this evening? Does it seem to be thriving? Is there a vet or rescue place you can get more feeding info from?
    Wee Frankie is thriving ( we think ) .
    Wrt taking him to a rescue place , I looked up what we think Frankie is ( a nestling song bird ) and apparently there are do's and don'ts in how you feed them. Insect eaters require protein ( hence, the boiled egg yolk mashed up that I gave to him ) .
    He poops at every feeding! And he chirps so cute when he screams for his meal.
    So the rescue place I was reading online claim that due to Covid and a high volume of birds, NOT to bring in songbirds??

That is fine ( for now ) . We're having fun with him, I just hope we can get more info on when we ( or if ) we will be able to release him when he gets larger, more feathers, opens his eyes??
    When DH is at work, I will become a single parent!
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays

@avoncallingu I am happy you have found a new for baby to keep you company. Yes I do miss my family in NY they can’t wait to see us and we also feel the same. It’s been too long since I get to see my parents I know we do a lot of virtual chatting but it’s not the same. Hopefully we can travel soon that being said I would only travel if this new virus is under control
    Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hey ladies! Another Monday.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning all.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I cannot believe it has been that many years ago ( 2009- 2013 approx ) that I had dedicated an entire spare bedroom for pet finches! Zebra finches mainly. I was unaware they continually lay eggs, making new babies ( a learning curve at the time ).
    With this new wild baby bird we found and are caring for it got me reminiscing on the baby finches I had posed for a photo.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/235116...3/#post4483535

Of course these baby finches were much older than this days old wee thing we rescued.

OMG, also this morning I took a short video of our new baby to capture how strong and energetic he has become but the instant I hit record he shot out a big plop of poop! ha ha
    Skippy, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I cannot believe it has been that many years ago ( 2009- 2013 approx ) that I had dedicated an entire spare bedroom for pet finches! Zebra finches mainly. I was unaware they continually lay eggs, making new babies ( a learning curve at the time ).
    With this new wild baby bird we found and are caring for it got me reminiscing on the baby finches I had posed for a photo.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/235116...3/#post4483535

Of course these baby finches were much older than this days old wee thing we rescued.

OMG, also this morning I took a short video of our new baby to capture how strong and energetic he has become but the instant I hit record he shot out a big plop of poop! ha ha
    @walkonby , those wee baby finches are so cute in a pathetic sort of way, hahaha. Yes, faces only a mother could love.
    I'm so glad your little birdie is thriving; it sure knew where to go to find you...an expert with baby birds!! Clever little thing!!

We're home from camp after a very hectic weekend, happy to rest for a while, get a few things done here, then we'll head back on Friday, likely for a relaxing weekend. The next weekend will be our SIL's birthday, so another big dinner and presents! The weekend after that our DD's 2 friends, one from the Sault and one from ThunderBay will spend the weekend at camp with her. It'll be so nice to see them again!

I hope everyone had a lovely sunny weekend!!!
    Skippy, Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good choice of song @Lynn49 feels like summertime with humidity but the real kicker this afternoon is the strong winds.
    Learned the hard way not a good day to be outside working, so gave up on that idea after not very long but long enough!
    Spoke to DS down in Oz. Seemed really strange to be seeing people not wearing masks inside. Hopefully that will be all of us soon.
    I read in the paper how Canadians are loaded because we had nothing to spend our money on. I'm not sure who those people are!
    Still had to eat and buy clothes online that don't fit.Neither of which went down in price.
    My cat is telling me it's time to eat(for his own sake not mine of course!) so I best be doing that now.
    Thanks to those with their shout out Father's Day greetings. Us sorts appreciate the thought!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information