User Tag List

Page 1574 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 574 1074 1474 1524 1564 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1584 1624 1674 ... LastLast
Results 23,596 to 23,610 of 29342
Like Tree118506Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Couldn't have asked for our Blue Jays to represent us any better than they did at the All Star Game. If anyone wanted drama and excitement from Vlad Jr. it came with his first at bat, nearly taking off Max Scherzer's head! ( see clip )
    Great sportsmanship shown when Vlad comes over to hug Scherzer after.
    Then there was the HR he blasted in the 3rd.
    Hernandez, Semien, and Bichette were all a pleasure to watch.

Skippy, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The first baseball game we've watched all the way to the end, @walkonby ! Hahaha! LOVED that HR by Vlad....true to form!!
    And of course, we won!

G'day everyone!

Not sure what our weather forecasters were thinking: there's NO rain anywhere for the next few days and it was supposed to rain for the next couple of days...we did have a great downpour yesterday, so no watering needed.

Just finishing a 100th b'day card for a Friend's Mom out in BC, then some tidying up to do because I'm a very messy crafter.

Enjoy the day, everyone, stay safe!!!!
    Skippy, Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day dwellers of this thread and beyond!!! Don't know about where you are but here it's a hot one! I had to take a second walk today as meds. not helping pain. It helped but created other problems now resolved. Even with the window a/c, seems to take longer to accomplish anything.
    Still a long way to go through summer.Seems temperatures are up throughout the country.Keep cool and hydrated friends.
    Speaking of hydration,I discovered more Throwback Pepsi at a store so I stocked up.The taste brings back childhood memories.
    Son in Oz is in lock down,can't fathom how we managed to survive so long, told him not hard when you don't have a life!(I did 1/2 my life ago)
    Theodore tugboat is due in the Shwa harbour today.That outta put us on the map again! He's going to be down in Hamilton soon!
    Too hot for me to go,even harder to get there and the only thing I know about him is he's from a kid's show.As for me I'm Beachcombers era and proud!
    Last edited by Skippy; Wed, Jul 14th, 2021 at 03:50 PM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - so sad that the man passed away.

Our restrictions were all lifted Sunday - my guys say they will continue to wear masks.

I've been going through some tough stuff - some of the usual, some recurring, some new - and I really would like to catch a break, like how about staying stable for a couple days to give me at least a semblance of a reprieve? I know, too much to ask.

Husband is not doing well, so that also affects me a lot. I do not want to sound selfish at all, I am beyond grateful for all he does for me, and I absolutely hate I cannot do anything much for him. But he has been my carer and the less he is able to help me, the way more difficult it is for me. There are times I have no option, I must ask him to do something or get me something - and there are times I have to wait an hour or more for him. Nothing has been a dire emergency, but there are times I am left in an awful situation - sorry, I don't want to get specific except to say it is never anything trivial I ask for help with.

Thanks for listening, as always. I am going to have an ugly cry now
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nat-surely you are eligible for at least a part time in home caregiver. You certainly should be IMHO. Thinking of you.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Nat-surely you are eligible for at least a part time in home caregiver. You certainly should be IMHO. Thinking of you.
    @lizzie bargain , I'm sure each one of us has suggested homecare wouldn't hesitate to help, but for some reason they haven't.

@Skippy , I brought Bruno Gerusi here for an ethnic celebration of food, drink, and a concert which I organized here, which he hosted. He's very nice in person. My Mom was almost giddy meeting him! Lol!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jul 14th, 2021 at 06:27 PM.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka (((HUGS))) Hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Natalka (((HUGS))) Hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you
    I'm piggy backing on flemeth's response. @Natalka Truly hoping you get a smidge of relief at the very least for both you and your DH. @Skippy yes, the heat was something today here as well. Sat out under the gazebo with Frankie in his hot rod cage. When he heard those various outside birds chirping he kept whipping his head about. Alas, we lasted out there less than 15 minutes.
    I just went out now to BBQ up the chicken satay skewers, was still so hot I used the propane instead of starting a charcoal BBQ.
    The rice is in the cooker, dinner is almost ready!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's been so muggy hot here also, @walkonby (I'll email you tomorrow)...like you, I tried to sit on our swing with Jenny and just couldn't take the heat. DH went golfing with our SIL and his friends and he said they were really draggin' in the heat...that cold beer on the patio there probably went down pretty good! Esp since they didn't have to pay...they keep winning, hahaha!!

The forecast was for rain all week and so far just one downpour the other day so that could explain the heat.

DD got her 2nd vaccination yesterday, Moderna and was ill through the night and today, poor muffin.
    GS gets his 2nd Physer Friday.

Ok!! Time to hit the sack!!!

Natalka, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I hope that you can get some sort of help for you and your hubs @Natalka
    @walkonby That hug was adorable. Vladdy is just such a lovely, lovely human being. I like him so much

To everyone else, good morning and have a wonderful day, and remember....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, SnowFlakey and flemeth like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Here in QC, we have Medicaide, which is in-home care. You are charged a nominal membership fee and the rest goes according to your income. So the more your income, the more you pay for the services. Also the CLSC provides certain in-home care free of charge, for instance baths; things like that. But for shopping, cleaning etc you have to pay a portion.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Here in QC, we have Medicaide, which is in-home care. You are charged a nominal membership fee and the rest goes according to your income. So the more your income, the more you pay for the services. Also the CLSC provides certain in-home care free of charge, for instance baths; things like that. But for shopping, cleaning etc you have to pay a portion.
    Very much like here in Ontario, @SnowFlakey ....when my Mom lived with us in her later years, we had home-care for her every morning for her shower, and keeping her company when I had to run out for something. She also stayed for 4 hours on Thursdays when my Hubby and I could actually leave the house together and she'd make a lunch for Mom and keep her company. It was all provided free of charge. So many people fall through the cracks and don't even know what's available to them....I feel the doctor's offices should provide the elderly with that and other information to help them., even if it's a print-out. They're not all on the internet scouring information.

A drizzly day here, and still considering whether we go to camp, but the kids are trying to guilt us into going, lol. We have to vacate Sunday morning since friends of theirs will visit them and we offered our trailer. All our DD has to do is change the sheets, we'll sanitize the rest of the place before we leave. It'll be immaculate, like new, which is how we leave it each time we leave.
    They're a sweet couple...he manages a funeral home and she's motivational speaker here and in the US as well as something at Pearson. I hope we get to see them before we leave.

ANYWAY....enjoy your weekend, everyone, hope it's sunny for you all!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jul 15th, 2021 at 04:07 PM.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A quick check in here.....weird? Thought I had posted today...oh well better late than not at all.
    I believe the bulk of the day got eaten up with me doing the fueling up of the vehicle, then off to NF for a shot of aggravation as their system was only accepting cash. This I found out while I was in line to pay....a VERY long line...stretched along 2 walls+. ( haven't seen that volume since the covid lock down days )

By the time I reached the front of the line CC were being accepted. ( hooray! ) Then of all things, when I was asked if I wanted to redeem points for $10.00 off, I agreed, THEN the screen pops up " denied" ( wt bloody f? )
    The screen literally JUST said I had $10.00 available to use.
    I told her fugget about it, don't bother with the redeem.
    THEN.....( yes, there's more ) I get an email once I am back home congratulating me on my $10.00 redeem!

I took immediate Canadian action, sending PC Optimum a strongly worded email. yeah it'll be a couple of days before they will probably explain it was all a bad dream.

So...I decided to roast another batch of assorted veggies and marinate another tray of skbl chx thighs to do up satay style. I'll BBQ the thighs tomorrow ( using the propane ) since that first batch turned out so well.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/83292-...4/#post7160566

Name:  roasted veg.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  210.5 KB

So boring with no games on...well except basketball last night. Sigh....
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jul 15th, 2021 at 10:51 PM.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

Thread Information