User Tag List

Page 1575 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 575 1075 1475 1525 1565 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1585 1625 1675 ... LastLast
Results 23,611 to 23,625 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've had that happen to me several times @walkonby . I just check my app to make sure the points are still there. They always are

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Up far too early, but on our way to the island shortly!

I hope anyone in or near the Barrie area is safe; was an awful mess that tornado left behind.😥
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!

Thanks to all of you for the messages and encouragement!
    Mind you, that's one of the reasons I usually stay away from here when I am going through an exceptionally bad patch...

Yesterday was hot, today hotter at 35. It was 21 at 5 a.m., which is nuts. We also have smoke in the air from the northern forest fires, and that's gotten into the house because husband had a door open.The heat here will go on and on, so crazy! And no rain in sight - the farmers and ranchers are in a world of hurt, so sad for them.

Awful that Barrie got hit by a tornado, gosh the pics are sad to look at. So glad, though, that no one was badly hurt, let alone killed.

I slept part of the evening, just had no choice, but that meant my night was rough. I would like it to be better balanced, but I must take sleep when it comes.

Yesterday the home care nurse came, it was good to see her, it's been six weeks since I don't need more frequent nursing.

As for help for us, yes I know what is available through home care, what is covered and what people have to pay for - and the latter is based on income.I am sad that I have been cut from physio, but that is their decision.
    I used to have an aide come to help me with bathing, but not for a while since I have been able to do that myself, except for hair washing.

The gap I have with needing assistance is for incidental things - at odd times, not able to be scheduled things - which is why getting an aide in would not help. Just imagine not being able to leave your bed, and think of all the things you would need during a day - e.g. yes, I can wash myself, but I need a bowl of water, or it's so damned hot that I always need iced water or drinks, and how about food? I can keep crackers and granola bars by me, but I need real food. There is much more.

Does that help you understand the difference? That is where I am at...As always, thanks for listening!

Hope you all have a lovely day!
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jul 16th, 2021 at 01:11 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1626368145637_6821482418720486300.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  99.4 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jul 16th, 2021 at 01:14 PM.
    Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

What a miserable day for me today. I felt like i was having an out of body experience. My mind was in a fog, my legs and arms ached. My whole body ached. This is what happens when you get old. Hubby was all chipper this morning, even did the dishes. His chipperness made me more miserable! But on the bright side, he picked some yellow string beans from our balcony garden. And DD came over this morning for a visit and i got her to make a Lemon Loaf.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since Frankie Feathers is on this thread, I'll share my bird-rescue story from today.

I was walking into Wendy's for lunch and saw a few ladies on their knees around a car. I asked them if there was a problem and if I could help. One told me that a budgie had flow underneath the vehicle and they were trying to grab it. Evidently, the bird was seen on some nearby grass and fled under the car when they tried to capture it. Because it did not just fly away, we presumed that its wing feathers had been clipped and that it was probably a pet from houses not too distant.

No one could reach him, as he kept running to the middle to evade our hands. I got the driver to pull the car away and he sprang up to a nearby window ledge. Again, he didn't just fly away. I threw a tea towel over him and grabbed him. We put him in a Tim Horton's box and a lady said that she would take him to a nearby veterinarian's office. They would probably know of a shelter that would take him, as it is unlikely anyone would ever find the original owner. Cute little guy, too bad I didn't get a photo.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Are you certain that you, and not the Ex, are being tested?
    Lynn49 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@HermanH what a relief that the budgie was rescued, and nice that you lent a hand to help in that.
    So coincidental that today my sister sent me a short video she took of a fledgling sparrow on the sidewalk. He had most of his feathers and seemed almost flight worthy but kept hopping out towards the roadway. She opened the video saying " hey here's another baby bird for you to raise ". This thing was 3 times as large as Frankie, so no thanks.
    I think she eventually edged him/her towards some grassy area.
    Lynn49 and HermanH like this.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

How curious that no one posted today?? Well, then I will use this space to groan on and on about the double header today.
    The Blue Jays swept Texas 3 games! ( 10-2, 5-0 and 10-0 ) The 2 games today were both glorious. Guerrero hit his 31st HR, Gurriel hit a Grand slam, so many other HR's too.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1416910658138947584
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@SnowFlakey - I sure hope your pain has eased for you!

Well, I see that it's already Monday, so I hope you all have a Marvelous one!

My Sunday was awesome in that the temp stayed around mid-20s, but that will change for the week when we will crawl into the 30s again. I just hate it!
    The smoke in the air has been absolutely awful - evacuations have had to be done up north, but I think the fires have been relatively controlled and kept away from inhabited areas. It's apparently quite worse in AB, my sister in Edmonton said they are getting smoke from both BC and SK.
    Medically, I am the same - which is 'fine' I suppose, but I would prefer 'better' -

My day/night has flipped again for me, as I could not help falling asleep for an hour after supper. I don't have much charge left on the tablet, so that's a bummer. Mind you I did enjoy watching a few no-brain-required tv shows which helped me forget my troubles for a while.

Hoping everyone has a great start to the week!
    Skippy and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays and @Natalka

Hoping everyone had a great weekend
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays and @Natalka

Hoping everyone had a great weekend