User Tag List

Page 1580 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 580 1080 1480 1530 1570 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1590 1630 1680 ... LastLast
Results 23,686 to 23,700 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, yay, I get to rip this monitor off me!

A sunny morning, a good day to play with my Cricut!

Enjoy the day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jul 28th, 2021 at 09:16 AM.
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning to all the chippy early birds who flew in! I feel pretty good today despite what occurred last night.
    I was all set to head up for dreamland but detoured into the kitchen first.
    To my horror I see the 2 slabs of corned beef still on the counter in their sealed wrappers that I had set out earlier to thaw.
    THAT was the moment I remembered my plan was to make corn beef and cabbage for the next days work meal for DH.
    Also a new double loaf of bread.
    I was just waiting for the hydro rates to be at their lowest......but of course I forgot.

So much for sleepy time. The best news is everything turned out delicious and I was able to crawl into bed at 4 a.m.
    A nap is on my agenda for later.

Frankie repeatedly flirts near the edge of his cage, actually teasing the cats who sit perfectly still hopefully looking for an opportunity to say hello to him.

Name:  livin on the edge.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  346.1 KB
    Natalka, Tweets77, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all.
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby ...Frankie is so cute!! You must have 2 very frustrated cats!

So...do you do your corned beef and cabbage in the oven or slow-cooker? I'm tempted to use a crock-pot recipe I have from allrecipes.
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, everyone!
    @Lynn49 - hope you get some answers to your medical woes.

I need to have various medical tests done, but cannot get out to get them done. Top on my list are the cardiac ones - scares me a bit to not have these done - and I would dearly love to have cortisone shots for my knees - it's just so ironic, if I had the shots I would have a great chance to resume walking - but since I can't walk, I cannot go to get them.

My sleeping is getting closer to kinda normal (my normal), but is not quite there. I have always been a night owl, but having day and night totally flipped is not good.

Knock on our door after 10 this morning with a boiled water advisory starting at 11 - and they say 24 to 48 hours. So frustrating, but at least we will have water, just have to think before we do anything. I drink tons of ice water, and we have great tasting water, so we will see how that goes.

Temp of 29, humidity makes it hotter. The heat dome is around Regina, so I'm glad we don't have to deal with that.

Take care, enjoy the day!
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1627408894155_6825847634390148299.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  50.6 KB
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1626991281563_6824096040226981852.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  485.7 KB

Every time I see a photo of a quokka I am still amazed that it's a real animal, not a stuffie. Who wouldn't be happy seeing that face?
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Jul 28th, 2021 at 03:35 PM.
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @walkonby ...Frankie is so cute!! You must have 2 very frustrated cats!

Hey! The cats may be frustrated but at least I get a reprieve from pointing that laser light around to get them to exercise.

So...do you do your corned beef and cabbage in the oven or slow-cooker? I'm tempted to use a crock-pot recipe I have from allrecipes.
    I have always followed the instructions written on the bags they come in, which is to place the beef into a deep pot, adding just enough water to cover, once they come up to a boil, switch element to simmer....... for three.....yawn.....!! hours.
    I personally am over this. next time I'm going to put them in my pressure cooker, way less time.

So delicious, I shouldn't complain about this at all.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good day, everyone!
    @Lynn49 - hope you get some answers to your medical woes.

I need to have various medical tests done, but cannot get out to get them done. Top on my list are the cardiac ones - scares me a bit to not have these done - and I would dearly love to have cortisone shots for my knees - it's just so ironic, if I had the shots I would have a great chance to resume walking - but since I can't walk, I cannot go to get them.

My sleeping is getting closer to kinda normal (my normal), but is not quite there. I have always been a night owl, but having day and night totally flipped is not good.

Knock on our door after 10 this morning with a boiled water advisory starting at 11 - and they say 24 to 48 hours. So frustrating, but at least we will have water, just have to think before we do anything. I drink tons of ice water, and we have great tasting water, so we will see how that goes.

Temp of 29, humidity makes it hotter. The heat dome is around Regina, so I'm glad we don't have to deal with that.

Take care, enjoy the day!
    @Natalka , it's so sad you can't get to those cortisone shots...the longer you're in bed the more your legs will continue to atrophy (you mentioned how thin your legs are getting)...can you can get a Handicab to take you? We used that service for my Mom before; we were able to carry her into a wheelchair then wheel her to the Handicab, and they had the mechanism to take her.
    Saskatchewan has a para transport system, and I know they can be pains in the rush, but at least it's a service you can use. Your men just have to lift you into your wheelchair!
    I hope you can make it work for you to get you mobile again, Nat.

Thanks, Nat, I did pass 2 tests so far....A+ for my treadmill test, and bloodwork. I'm not anticipating anything at all from that horrid holter monitor. I've had them on numerous times...48hrs, 3 days, a week, nothing.
    And as grateful as I am for passing those tests, I'm no closer to knowing why I'm so weak, dizzy, spacey so often.
    I do see my cardiologist/internist on the 10th...I think I need the internist part more than the cardiologist part.
    Time will tell.....I hope.
    We're eliminating things before we all say it's fibro's disautonomia, which is treatable.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My niece was diagnosed with something called POTS which is treatable-look it up Lynn-may not fit you but it was something I had never heard of myself.
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    My niece was diagnosed with something called POTS which is treatable-look it up Lynn-may not fit you but it was something I had never heard of myself.
    Thank you, @lizzie bargain , how nice of you to mention that.
    My Dr mentioned that this could be Disautonomia which would be related to POTS syndrome so you're bang on!
    Disautonomia can be treated with beta blockers to provide a more normal lifestyle. Your niece may be having treatment with it also. That website has some interesting information, thank you.

At my age Lizzie, (71), I'd rather pop a pill if it helps...I have less time left for lengthy treatments. 🤣

Thanks again for taking the time to relay that information...I hope your niece finds a solution to help her regain a normal lifestyle.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jul 28th, 2021 at 09:30 PM.
    lizzie bargain and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Thread Information