User Tag List

Page 1589 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 589 1089 1489 1539 1579 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1599 1639 1689 ... LastLast
Results 23,821 to 23,835 of 29342
Like Tree118504Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

On the island, it's gorgeous here!
    Hubby and Grandson are playing chess in your gazebo so I'll be joining them now.

Enjoy the day, I hope it's as beautiful as we have here!
    Skippy, Natalka and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hubby and Grandson are playing chess in your gazebo so I'll be joining them now.
    Video-record the moment and get Vrbo to buy it as a real-life advertisement.
    Lynn49 and cath007 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

It would appear to be a sparse thread this week. I won't mention any names of those missing because I'll forget someone and I'm only really interested in how Frankie Feathers is doing @walkonby . Just kidding!, but the younger folk like Frankie change so quickly while us lugs don't.
    It has been a long week for yours truly with that humidity. Unfortunately I don't function very well in it.The a/c is a lifesaver, but even inside I need to pace myself. Fortunately dinners have been with the crock-pot and air fryer. Laundry is piling up because I don't want to run the dryer
    That said,I am so sorry for those who have it even worse,especially shut-ins and the homeless.
    Well I'm fading away so time to find something to bring me back to life for dinner prep. Please remember Natalka and her husband's health in your prayers.
    Have a great weekend everyone! Stay safe,well and hydrated!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    It would appear to be a sparse thread this week. I won't mention any names of those missing because I'll forget someone and I'm only really interested in how Frankie Feathers is doing @walkonby . Just kidding!, but the younger folk like Frankie change so quickly while us lugs don't.
    It has been a long week for yours truly with that humidity. Unfortunately I don't function very well in it.The a/c is a lifesaver, but even inside I need to pace myself. Fortunately dinners have been with the crock-pot and air fryer. Laundry is piling up because I don't want to run the dryer
    That said,I am so sorry for those who have it even worse,especially shut-ins and the homeless.
    Well I'm fading away so time to find something to bring me back to life for dinner prep. Please remember Natalka and her husband's health in your prayers.
    Have a great weekend everyone! Stay safe,well and hydrated!
    Aren't those crockpots the best in the summer, @Skippy ? We usually put them outside to cook, keeping the house cool, so our central air doesn't run 24/7. Scratch that...I usually run it 24/7 anyway, lol!
    But esp at camp, Hubby does a lot of the cooking on the bbq, keeping the house cool.

Well, we tried to go for a walk, got about 20', were invited to a neighbour's deck and visited for oh....1-2 sippies. 😏 We're invited over to another neighbour's place for a fire later. It's different without the kids here, when we're usually there during much of the days and certainly in the evenings, although we've all been at neighbours' fires. I think I enjoy the evenings besf here...DD and I just love fire. 😅

Hope you're all staying safe and are enjoying the beginning of a lovely weekend.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - you can borrow our hot, it's 36 and tomorrow will be the same.
    I really really enjoyed the week of 20s, though - even yesterday at 29 was doable.

Anyone who knows my medical past knows about me and leg blisters. They have stayed away for months and months, but appeared yesterday on my right leg - one bigger one by my inner ankle, a smaller one at my upper calf. Neither had broken, so we just bandaged them up. Now I pray for quick healing and, even if they do burst instead of just shrinking, no infections. (I don't even want to think about having to wear the devil Cobands in the summer, have done it before and it is absolutely horrid)

So, fingers and toes crossed. I will do all that I can, that is all there is, plus hope.

Husband finally got curious and weighed himself, just a few ounces short of 150. Better than I expected, but still not good. He has been eating off and on. I had him buy Ritz crackers and regular chips, because if he were to have a snack, it would be those - at least some calories.

So much going on in our city, I get so jealous. This past week and this weekend: the Exhibition (husband watches the fireworks every night), Taste of Saskatchewan down on the riverbank park, the Jazz Festival (nephew and wife went to see the Sheepdogs and Wide Mouth Mason. The Fringe Festival was the week before. Folkfest will be virtual.

I miss fun!

Hope you are all having a super weekend.
    I am just melting....
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!! Another beautiful sunny day!!! Enjoy it wathever you do Wow quiet in here this morning lol.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You are so right @cath007 I suppose people are out in the sunshine, make sense.
    I went a bit apple-crazy this weekend. Since DH and DS did their part climbing the big ladder to pick a cooler full of the reddest ones remaining at the top of the tree I felt inspired to get cracking on them.

I'll post the details in the " what have you baked " thread so I don't put anyone to sleep in here....lol!!!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cath007 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. Hope that everyone had an awesome weekend .
    Lynn49, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Monday ladies! Just another day in the week for us, it will be mostly uneventful until this afternoon when we have a real date with Ryan Reynolds! First Cineplex flick I am seeing since who can remember? Large wide recliners that once you reserve your seat in, the seats next to you are automatically blocked from being selected.
    ( I appreciate that sort of social distance power move, don't need to be rubbing elbows with strangers just yet. )
    All 3 seats free with my Scene points tyvm.
    Hope everyone's Monday carries the same excitement.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Back to 'regular life'...took a week of 'holidays', up north...which didn't really turn out to be holidays. (in-laws...family drama...enough said).
    Mulligan...?...and take another week and just stay home?

Have a wonderful week everyone.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Mon, Aug 16th, 2021 at 10:10 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Not much to report, a gorgeous day out there, hope everyone can get out and enjoy it.
    @walkonby , I saw this and immediately thought of Frankie and that same expression he seems to have!! SO judgemental! Hahahahaha!!!

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Its been close to 2 years since we went to a movie theatre! Im trying to convince hubby to go but he doesnt want to. Will try harder. Other than that, same old thing going on here. Never changes; laundry, sweep floors, doing dishes, just the same crapola!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Its been close to 2 years since we went to a movie theatre! Im trying to convince hubby to go but he doesnt want to. Will try harder. Other than that, same old thing going on here. Never changes; laundry, sweep floors, doing dishes, just the same crapola!
    @SnowFlakey what can I say? I was like your DH, kept refusing to go to an actual theatre. Kept making the excuses about how I can get most new releases online. Fears over the new variants, even though we are all double vaxxed.
    But today I do not regret going!!
    If anyone can lure me back to the big screen it is Ryan Reynolds.
    Free Guy was probably the funniest movie ( and one of the strangest movies! ) I've viewed in a while. Belly laughs from start to finish.
    Cringe-worthy battle scenes that my brain knew weren't real but still I flinched every time.

Sure hope you can get DH to change his mind. I felt totally safe there. Almost no one in the movie that we were in.
    Oh wait....except for this bloody toddler 1 row behind us who never stopped talking, whining, asking questions.
    I love kids, who doesn't? BUT very silly to bring one that young to this kind of a movie. You know what they'll do.

We saw the whole film, but the hairs on my neck were standing up every time that kid ....well you know?
    I got comped 3 free tickets for our next show, because of the annoyance factor. Of course I told the manager about this before we left, that is what happens when one of your patrons impacts MY enjoyment of the movie.

happy Happy Joy Joy now.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Thread Information