User Tag List

Page 1692 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 692 1192 1592 1642 1682 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1702 1742 1792 ... LastLast
Results 25,366 to 25,380 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!! -2 here heading up to +4!!!

I'm with @walkonby rain any day is a whole lot better than snow at any time. It means it's nice enough outside for some of the snow to die!
    ...and it's melting out there already...even the ice-pellets that Hubby bought that's safe for doggie paws.
    It was safe for Jenny, but also safe for the ice, hahaha!!! Ah, well, at least it acted like sand at the side door where she ventures into the back yard.

Off to my chiro, then Michaels, then to DD's for a coffee.

And FINALLY a hair appt with our DD's hairdresser; she used to work in a salon, but since she had to be home with her tot during covid anyway, made a lovely little salon in her basement, all equipped like a regular salon and thank goodness she did because she's amazing.

Take good care, everyone...get out there and breathe in the air that's heralding the onset of Spring!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Feb 16th, 2022 at 10:28 AM.
    GoJays, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Purdee, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Purdee, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Raining here if you are aunt and about be careful on the road .

Have an awesome day all
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    Mini Flood in the cold storage room here...
    I say mini, because it was enough to get most things wet or damp on the ground, but nothing that'll do lasting damage. Still took me a good half hour to clear and clean up the wet patches. Amazing how water will find the tiniest little crack to follow and make it's way into the house.

Have a wonderful, and hopefully dry, day everyone.
    Off to warm my coffee back up...
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@danger_dan , that's not something you want to wake up to in the morning. Did you find where it was coming in? We learned just before bed last night that with the rain yesterday, water was seeping from our indoor light near our side-door! It could have been from an ice blockage on the roof, but it'll need attending to. Some fun, huh?

Not much on the go, our DD, our GS and I were finally scheduled with our hairdresser, but she called our DD last night: her whole family has noro-virus!

That's okay, i have all the stuff to make an infusion ink "saying" on a t-shirt for our DD. I think I've settled on: shhhhh...no one cares. It's so her, lol! I want to make a few more for her, for her b-day in March.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Enjoy
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Feb 17th, 2022 at 09:21 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh that is a bummer @danger_dan . Good thing the damage, well the mess was minimal.
    Raining here as well, but I'm more fearful of what may fall later....also what any freezing temps will change that wet ground into?
    I must get gas and shop today, figures that I waited and now this.
    First World problem for sure.
    Carry on soldiers!
    Why do I have a craving for blue corn chips? Damn you @GoJays !! ha ha
    Lynn49, GoJays, cath007 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

minimal damage done, just a bunch of things i needed to do outside immediately to keep things from getting worse inside. basically needed to carve a path through the wet slushy snow to divert the rain/melt away from the house! I created a river across my back yard to stop a pond from forming in my house!
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Friends, can you please reassure me that we're doing the right thing in adopting a dog? We are close, we have one lined up and ready to go, all I have to do is sign the adoption papers. The problem? She's currently in the States and I don't get to actually meet her first. Tell me about your dog lives... given the opportunity, would you do it all over again?
    Natalka, Lynn49, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Friends, can you please reassure me that we're doing the right thing in adopting a dog? We are close, we have one lined up and ready to go, all I have to do is sign the adoption papers. The problem? She's currently in the States and I don't get to actually meet her first. Tell me about your dog lives... given the opportunity, would you do it all over again?
    Oh my goodness, @GoJays , over our 52 years of marriage, we've had the pleasure of the company of 4 dogs and each one of them had different personalities, each one however, was so precious in our lives and added spice, fun and love to so many aspects of our lives together.
    They can be funny, charming, affectionate, all in different ways and you'll feel as if it's your own wee tot.

IF they are properly trained, adored and loved, that is.
    There are NO such things as bad dogs, EVER, but there are bad dog-parents....every dog we had were well behaved, no messy clean-ups during their life-times after they were \properly trained (hint: buy puppy pads, wish we had known about them for our earlier dogs, lol), each simply went to the door to be asked to go out. Jenny will just stand there like a pointer, lol, and if we happen not to see her after a while, she'll let out a peep to tell us she must go out.

I couldn't encourage you more to bring that bundle of love into your home; you'll all be rewarded by his or her love and antics.

If you need any help from experts, I'm sure Walks, Dan and I will be able to answer any questions you could have.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    minimal damage done, just a bunch of things i needed to do outside immediately to keep things from getting worse inside. basically needed to carve a path through the wet slushy snow to divert the rain/melt away from the house! I created a river across my back yard to stop a pond from forming in my house!
    I, too, keep my pickaxe handy to clear a thin path to the catch-basin. A tiny stream is all that is needed to keep my walks clear of flooding.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Yes, Yes, Yes! Another Fur ball to our SC Family is always welcome, as I'm sure she'll be loved and welcomed into your!
    The lady and I met Cooper for the first, and only time, before bringing him home with us for a whopping 15 minutes.

We contacted the family about him on a Saturday, saw him on Sunday, and came back to get him on Monday.

For us, bringing him home with us was the right thing to do for him, and we found out eventually that it was the right thing for use too.
    When we went to see him, he was 6 months old and had been kept in the laundry room his entire puppy life. The home had 4 children, all under the age of 10. He was bursting at the seams with energy but had no more than a small patch of grass (10' x 15') to run around in the back yard.
    The lady took him for a walk around the block while I chatted with the family about what training they had done with him during his first few months.

He was apparently 'house trained'...we quickly found out he was not. The Lady found out that Cooper had never actually been on a walk, or outside of the house...because Cooper was scared senseless on his walk/pulling to sniff everything.

We don't believe that he had ever been given the correct amount of food or water, since any water that we put down for him (after the walk) was immediately lapped up, he just couldn't get enough. Regarding the food, the kids would use his regular kibbles as "treats" to get him to come to them to 'play' but would never really give him anything to eat.

The turning point that made our decision to bring him home with us, was when we say the youngest child (a boy maybe 4 or 5) get angry at Cooper for grabbing a stuffed animal toy out of his hands. the Boy kicked Cooper in the side, in full view of us and the Parents. There was no reaction from the family, until they saw us both glare at each other over what we had witnessed. The mother proceeded to "scold" her son.

We left and decided that even if we weren't ready or couldn't handle having Cooper with us then, that we would at least get him out of that home. We'd make this decision again every time.

The rest, as you all know from my stories here, is history.
    We've had our challengers with his behaviour and obedience, but nothing that isn't fixed on both our and his end.
    We're Cooper's fur-ever family

But I digress. We'll be here to assist with anything you throw our way @GoJays !

I can't promise Cooper will be helpful all the time though...he's asleep beside me right now.

Name:  IMG_20220127_101915.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  211.0 KB
    Last edited by danger_dan; Thu, Feb 17th, 2022 at 02:31 PM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I, too, keep my pickaxe handy to clear a thin path to the catch-basin. A tiny stream is all that is needed to keep my walks clear of flooding.
    Agreed, a small path for the water to follow is all you need!
    I probably could have gotten away with just trudging through the snow and "plowing" it with my own feet making the trail, but I didn't feel like coming inside soaking wet form the splashing and slush...so I made a path that was exactly one 12" shovel width wide!
    This did the trick!
    cath007 and HermanH like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@GoJays sniff, sniff....I have few words, Lynn and Dan said it all. The only regret I have is I never knew dogs lives were so short compared to humans. How COULD I know? I had never had a dog until we got both Rufus and Murphy. When I saw the life span chart one day in the vet's waiting room....well I just wanted to scream! How was that fair? Also the larger the breed the shorter the life span.

Wait a minute...I am supposed to post happy things to encourage you in your brave decision to adopt that doggie! Go for it.
    Make certain to either do the behavioral training yourself or take it to dog training classes.....we never did and paid for that over time.
    Also our 2 never interacted with other dogs ( the down side of both of us working opposite shifts ) which meant they had NO social skills.
    The walks along the pathway behind our street were often an obstacle course in avoidance because Murphy barked at ANY dog and would lungeif I didn't keep his leash taught.

Your family will go apesh*t over a dog...how can they not? Do you know the breed? Have you seen its photo? When it is all finalized let us know how many sizes your heart grew!! ha ha
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Feb 17th, 2022 at 02:46 PM.
    Lynn49, GoJays, cath007 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you for your insights. I basically knew what the three of you would say anyway But thank you
    I did, with heavy heart, decide to say no to this particular dog. Everyone in the family must WANT the dog and if any one of us doesn't like something about him or her for any reason, then we will continue to search for the perfect one. She seemed like a great girl but not everyone loved her. And that's ok. But I will definitely let you know when we do find one
    Natalka, Lynn49, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Thread Information