User Tag List

Page 1837 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 837 1337 1737 1787 1827 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1847 1887 1937 ... LastLast
Results 27,541 to 27,555 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

And while I'm on here complaining?

WHY haven't we made a bigger stink about dairy farmers adding LARD to feed now so that
    our butter is NO LONGER soft in our cupboards and doesn't melt as easily???

Now that's fine, cooking and baking with lard is actually HEALTHIER than butter, with almost the
    same nutritional profile as olive oil, but why add it to butter?!
    I should have a choice and besides, spreading lard on toast, healthy as it is, just doesn't have the same flavour.

Might just as well use lard...it IS becoming more popular, after-all...

Ditch unhealthy butter, switch back to lard! No, really....it isn't hydrogenated, therefore contain NO trans fat, has a higher smoke point, and contains more monosaturated fat than butter, and is a good source of Vitamin D.

Who knew??
    Tweets77, GoJays and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh brother, I just woke up! Leafs are up 3-2! lol
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Tweets77, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Tweets77, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all.
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh that Martian peeking on from the side! ha ha @GoJays ty.

So yup, it's official, our 1 cat is too fat! On Monday Hamlet had to get his yearly checkup and was due for the rabies needle. Then his weight came in at 18.5 pounds and the vet gasped! He gained this in a year! DH took all the blame. I've warned him over and over to stop dumping a handful of treats on the floor or opening a new can of wet food in the middle of the night, (when he is always awake ) because it messes with my schedule for them.
    At 8 a.m. every morning I put 1/4 can of wet food into each cats dish. Naturally they play this stupid game of walk away and then return shortly to eat out of the other one's dish??
    We've always left a small dish of dry food out all day, so that has to be nearly eliminated now.
    Hamlet's new diet is 1/3 of a can of wet food and he will have access to the 1 cup of dry food left out per day, but once that dry food is gone there are no free refills lol!
    We're just going to have to make sure Claudius gets in there to eat HIS 1/3 portion of the wet food as well as crunching some of the dry.
    Separate eating rooms? Food policing? I cannot handle doing that at this point.
    We'll see how it goes....no treats at all for Hamlet now.

Name:  IMG_1331.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  39.1 KB
    Skippy, harbie, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh that Martian peeking on from the side! ha ha @GoJays ty.

So yup, it's official, our 1 cat is too fat! On Monday Hamlet had to get his yearly checkup and was due for the rabies needle. Then his weight came in at 18.5 pounds and the vet gasped! He gained this in a year! DH took all the blame. I've warned him over and over to stop dumping a handful of treats on the floor or opening a new can of wet food in the middle of the night, (when he is always awake ) because it messes with my schedule for them.
    At 8 a.m. every morning I put 1/4 can of wet food into each cats dish. Naturally they play this stupid game of walk away and then return shortly to eat out of the other one's dish??
    We've always left a small dish of dry food out all day, so that has to be nearly eliminated now.
    Hamlet's new diet is 1/3 of a can of wet food and he will have access to the 1 cup of dry food left out per day, but once that dry food is gone there are no free refills lol!
    We're just going to have to make sure Claudius gets in there to eat HIS 1/3 portion of the wet food as well as crunching some of the dry.

Name:  IMG_1331.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  39.1 KB
    I too am an enabler to a Fatty Patty cat. I know this because in May of last year, when she ate a sewing needle and I had to take her to the vet and pay several hundred dollars to get it removed, the vet almost dropped her large body and made an 'oof' noise when he picked her up (after bending at the knees).

She pulled the thread end from my sewing box (Quality Street tin) and swallowed until the needle got stuck in her mouth. Thankfully it didn't go right down and she was fine. You know when the vet suspiciously asks you what you feed her (butter?) and no matter what you say you've been marked. Anyway, she weighs about 16 lbs and it's hard when you're in a multi cat situation, so I understand.

I also quite liked the Marvin the Martian. I remember in about middle school everyone's hockey playing older brothers getting either Marvin or the Tasmanian devil tattoos--with a hockey stick. I bet those are beauts now!

Don't forget to stretch before you shovel folks--if reports can be believed we might have some snow to contend with.
    Skippy, harbie, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@walkonby: I understand you so much ,my 2 cats eve and stella are fat unfortunnatly.....dad is the guilty one to that situation.I check and he his always refilling the dry food plate to the max...I complain..It change nothing haha...I cannot just play police all the time..Need to find a solution to that problem,tired of that ..grr... I had to get this in this head..food is not love!!! so the *(&*(&*( bag I paid 65$ for a big bag of diet food at pet store vet diet change nothing to that problem...
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jan 25th, 2023 at 12:02 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby, alex78 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

If you are expecting snow be careful on the roads .

Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

@GoJays ty.

Oh poor Hamlet! I feel his pain. My departed AC (also orange) tipped the scales at 18 pounds as well.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

afternoon gang. the day's gotten away from me.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thank you so very much for posting that @GoJays What a sweet doggie to make sure his Teddy gets fed first. lol

The snow is here!! The accumulation will be sneaky, the slow and steady way. We'll stay indoors and hope the signal
    does not get knocked out on the satellite dish. The Leaf game is on.
    Skippy, harbie, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Thread Information