User Tag List

Page 111 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 1111 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning all. I'm signing off, hopefully back tonight.
    Disconnecting the computer now.
    I hope you have a great day.

Name:  WED SMILES.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  53.0 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good sunny morning, everyone!!!
    @22hicks , nope, I think you've pretty much filled us in on all your house-hunting details...see what happens when you just let slip a little word like "agent"?? What a nuisance it must be for you and @avoncallingu , to have to purge, pack, sell and find new homes...I hope those horrible prices reflect in your selling price...you sure are getting a lot done to your own home. I wish you both all the luck in the world, because sometimes I think luck plays a big part in the buying/selling markets.

Jennifur has her vet's appt for her spring check-up today, and we'll be picking up her flea/tick meds as well as her allergy spray for her bottom....every spring and fall, the poor little muffin has a problem with her bottom, but luckily the spray takes the ouchies away. I tried putting children's liquid allergy meds into her water, but she refuses to drink it if it's over a few drops which I don't think help that much...maybe the vet has something else that could help her.

We're expecting mixed precipitation tomorrow and it better be a mix of rain and driving rain, because if I see a single flake I'm diving between the mattresses! Oh, I just can't imagine going through what @Newfiescreech is enduring right now!!
    Stay safe out there, Sweetheart!!!!

Everyone, have a wonderful day!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

afternoon gang! Today is much nicer, as in no rain. Just watched Part 1 of a BBC Documentary ( I think there are 3 or 4 parts ) called The Men Who Made Us Fat.....here all this time I was blaming my DH, but turns out it was the Food Industry! tee hee. All this info I knew already but listening to it again gets my blood boiling. I have no willpower these days, so that makes me extra angry...I think they call it Hangry. ( hungry and angry )
    I just popped in for a quick hello really, hope the week is going well for everyone.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    afternoon gang! Today is much nicer, as in no rain. Just watched Part 1 of a BBC Documentary ( I think there are 3 or 4 parts ) called The Men Who Made Us Fat.....here all this time I was blaming my DH, but turns out it was the Food Industry! tee hee. All this info I knew already but listening to it again gets my blood boiling. I have no willpower these days, so that makes me extra angry...I think they call it Hangry. ( hungry and angry )
    I just popped in for a quick hello really, hope the week is going well for everyone.
    Depressing, isn't it, @walkonby , what the garbage the food industry is tossing at us and calling it 'food'. Anything for a profit, damn the health of a nation; well all those corporations at in kahoots together, but I bet they and their famiies don't eat or drink that swill!! I'd rather have a scotch than touch a drop of Coke. My DH, so far, is staying off the stuff, opting for water with dinner, too, so fingers crossed that continues.

As for being hangry, you'll get on the wagon again, Sweetie, when the timing is right for you and when you do, you'll put the rest of us to shame once again! I'm still losing....want to be svelte for the summer! hahaha....and healthy. Oh, yah...healthy, too.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Afternoon Friends.... Well had the eye appointment, and of course, need to get new glasses... another $1000 down the drain... Man oh Man glasses have gone up in price in the last 5 years... Got a blast from the doctor, suppose to get my eyes checked every year cuz diabetic... But I forgot, and what happened to me a while ago... So now I also need eye drops 4 times a day from here on in... the ol'eye balls need lubrication, that's why I get that feeling of water running over them, and if I don't take advil quick enough I end of with a headache which I am told is an ora migraine, or something like that... So tomorrow is physio again... and then get some blood tests done.. and then home to relax tomorrow... I have my horticultural meeting tonight... So that is what's going on in my life.... @newf ischreech I hope YOU are keeping warm... and dry... Please keep yourself safe....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    Good Afternoon Friends.... Well had the eye appointment, and of course, need to get new glasses... another $1000 down the drain... Man oh Man glasses have gone up in price in the last 5 years... Got a blast from the doctor, suppose to get my eyes checked every year cuz diabetic... But I forgot, and what happened to me a while ago... So now I also need eye drops 4 times a day from here on in... the ol'eye balls need lubrication, that's why I get that feeling of water running over them, and if I don't take advil quick enough I end of with a headache which I am told is an ora migraine, or something like that... So tomorrow is physio again... and then get some blood tests done.. and then home to relax tomorrow... I have my horticultural meeting tonight... So that is what's going on in my life.... @newfischreech I hope YOU are keeping warm... and dry... Please keep yourself safe....
    Hi, @Redneck Charger !!
    Hey! if I send a picture to you of one of my plants that I can't find any information on, maybe you and/or your group can identify it for me? I know it's some sort of succulent, but boy does it have a weird way of growing! It was in one of those little baskets that people buy, but I thought it was a cute little thing, so I transplanted it and another one and have since transplanted it twice! And things just don't grow for me like that!
    So what do you think? May I send you a picture of it??

Such is life lately, Charger, isn't it? Doctors, to dentists, to opticians, to physiotherapists....my DH needs to fly to Toronto again next month to check something new with his doctor and he was hmmmmm-ing about it, saying it's probably nothing, not worth the trip, but I said to him that THAT'S why we're still here....we take care of things as they come, not wait until things get worse!! So, he's going...

You continue to take good care of yourself Charger!! I know it's a proctological nuisance, but we must, we must...right? Yeppers! Have a fun meeting!
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It looks much like this, Charger, but it's about 2' tall and has 4 stems....

Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! A stressful day for poor Sadie as the Bell repair guy came and had to roam all over our house and kept ringing the phone which always signals to her that monsters are approaching and need to be scared off with loud, agressivebarking and lunging.

And finally, he concluded that the problem will have to be addressed by the people who install our building buzzer system, so we'll have to go all through this again!

I am taking her to the vet on Friday to see if I can't get something which will reduce her anxiety.

I actually contacted an "Animal Helper" in Alberta, no less, who my friend claims helped her friend's cat. I'm really willing to try anything at this point and life isn't going to get any less complex for us over the next while.

It's thundering and lightning too, so I can't take her out for her late walk.

Well, Charger, I 'm glad you got to your eye appointment. All our aging systems are so interconnected!

I used to laugh when my friend said that it took her VERY OLD (late 80s) aunt all morning to get up and get dressed and then all afternoon to get ready to go back to bed. Doesn't seem so far-fetched any more!

Well, Walks, whatcha been cooking up?

Hicks- hope your computer got hooked up and is ready to launch you into a new world of technology.

Cabby- Hope everything is moving along well for you this week.

Nat- how's the weather? And how are those pussy cats of yours?

Dan-stay out of Danger!

Dededi - how's it going?

GoodBoy- you'll find a compatriot inNatalka- our avid cat lady.

Lynn- you're always such a sweetie pie!

Darth- your "Thor" is getting a headstart on his day tomorrow here.

If I have missed you, please put it down to short-term memory loss!

Love to you all!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Apr 5th, 2017 at 10:39 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee, avon, hope things get better for your sweet Sadie!

Kitties are wonderful! They keep us amused with their antics - and Vader (the daughter) is an avid sunbather, so she's been enjoying the rays when they come into the kitchen in the afternoon.
    Temps have been really nice here - the last few days around 10 above, though that's not going to last. We are going to be headed into cooler, rainy weather - which is fine, it IS spring after all.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone have a great day @avoncallingu hope things gets better for Sadie and u are feeling better @22hicks hope your computer is all hooked up and you are ready to explore because I guess it will be faster that your previous one @Redneck Charger hope you are doing better

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Apparently the cooler/rainy weather isn't until Sunday...
    Today's predicted temp is 18!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hmmmm...guess I just didn't make a stop in here yesterday...
    Well then...Good morning Fam.

Another day...still breathing...thankful for that.
    Coffee in hand...time to face the day.

Have a wonderful day folks.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hoping all is well and everyone has a really good Thursday!Name:  e8faa5651ff0c8a369a699a878b8ef83.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  71.1 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lynn, you've created an alien species! Whatever you do, don't play "Little Shop of Horrors " anywhere near it! It might get ideas!

Thread Information