User Tag List

Page 115 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 615 1115 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh for heaven's sake...another double post! Not only that, in order for me to post at all, I have to refresh my screen, otherwise that spinny thing just keeps circling!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Apr 7th, 2017 at 07:28 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

It's The Master's and I didn't even know it! That is a good reason to sit and relax.
    Got some very strict advice about training Sadie out of her barking and lunging but boy, it's very time and attention consuming. She has been giving some "calming" med but the vet said they take 4-6 weeks to take effect and do no good unless I can re-establish myself as the definite "Alpha" member of the pack. I am supposed to walk around the house with her attached to my waist. Give her very short commands. Then no talking - just "correction" tugs if she doesn't do as she's told.

Also, get a special walking collar called a "gentle lead" I think.

It pulls on her face instead of her neck.

The vet is afraid that unless I get control, she may really hurt someone and that would result in a tragic end for her. She asked me if I was committed to the effort or they could try to rehome her with a more experienced dog training owner.

I burst into tears. She really does cause me a lot of stress but I love her little soul so I am going to try their strict methods. (Even as we were talking I was correcting her as she wanted to interact with the barking outside the door and she really calmed down.)

That's just chapter 1 of my day.

I did sell my extra kitchen set and it is gone. (Chapter 2)

The rest after I have eaten.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    It's The Master's and I didn't even know it! That is a good reason to sit and relax.
    Got some very strict advice about training Sadie out of her barking and lunging but boy, it's very time and attention consuming. She has been giving some "calming" med but the vet said they take 4-6 weeks to take effect and do no good unless I can re-establish myself as the definite "Alpha" member of the pack. I am supposed to walk around the house with her attached to my waist. Give her very short commands. Then no talking - just "correction" tugs if she doesn't do as she's told.

Also, get a special walking collar called a "gentle lead" I think.

It pulls on her face instead of her neck.

The vet is afraid that unless I get control, she may really hurt someone and that would result in a tragic end for her. She asked me if I was committed to the effort or they could try to rehome her with a more experienced dog training owner.

I burst into tears. She really does cause me a lot of stress but I love her little soul so I am going to try their strict methods. (Even as we were talking I was correcting her as she wanted to interact with the barking outside the door and she really calmed down.)

That's just chapter 1 of my day.

I did sell my extra kitchen set and it is gone. (Chapter 2)

The rest after I have eaten.
    Oh, poor you and poor wee Sadie!! I can't imagine giving up a doggie when you've had her so long and she's really such lovely company for you. I honestly don't think it'll take long for her to realize what's being asked of her, Avon...you were a teacher/principal, you'd be good at this!! Just put your teaching hat back on!

We've always used a harness for walking our dogs and particularly this wee thing since her neck and head are about the same size, she'd slip right out of a collar. I always thought that neck collars were too hard on them and omg, you see poeple pulling on them...breaks my heart.

Wishing you all the best as you and Sadie open a new chapter in your life together!!

(this'll probably post double, too!)

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I finally have my new computer at last. Got off the phone with the Geek Squad a little while ago; they had to set up a bunch of stuff that I needed, but couldn't access. All should be good now, but I hate learning new programmes.
    I hope you've all been behaving, and keeping well. Looks like a wonderful few days ahead. 20 by Monday.

@Redneck Charger - my goodness, if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck @ all. I hope you can get everything fixed WITHOUT hurting your leg.

Shoot, I'm getting a warning, & it'll shut down in 30 sec.

Bye for now

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    I finally have my new computer at last. Got off the phone with the Geek Squad a little while ago; they had to set up a bunch of stuff that I needed, but couldn't access. All should be good now, but I hate learning new programmes.
    I hope you've all been behaving, and keeping well. Looks like a wonderful few days ahead. 20 by Monday.

@Redneck Charger - my goodness, if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck @ all. I hope you can get everything fixed WITHOUT hurting your leg.

Shoot, I'm getting a warning, & it'll shut down in 30 sec.

Bye for now
    I've been behaving.
    But I cannot tell a lie: I don't think @walkonby has been behaving one single bit. Just sayin'.....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Another double post....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Apr 7th, 2017 at 10:31 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I've been behaving.
    But I cannot tell a lie: I don't think @walkonby has been behaving one single bit. Just sayin'.....
    Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

If anyone wants to misbehave - I am in! LOL

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

If anyone wants to misbehave - I am in! LOL
    Noooooo....I'm the good one... @walkonby ......................isn't.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay...good night everyone!!
    This has been another double post so I'll sign off here!
    Which will probably be twice....sigh....

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Apr 7th, 2017 at 10:42 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope everyone has a marvelous weekend!Name:  299337-Have-A-Terrific-Saturday-.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  37.0 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning Kids..... Well, the water has slowed down in the basement... Not coming in nearly as fast, have the fans, dehumidifiers and pellet stove running to help dry it out. Will have to lift all the floor, dry it out before putting it back down. The truck, it's not the battery, it's the fan belt, it snapped for some reason... Have to look at that later today... Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers.... Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday....

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I concur regarding your last sentiment!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Charger, I am so sorry about your situation ! Will insurance not cover it? I know there's a contraversy abut where the water originates. Any help from your city?

Happy Caturday, Nat! Happy relaxing day to all you non-retirees!

Happy first-day-in-the-rest-of-our-lives!

Well, I watched the Jays until the 7th inning. The Orioles had just regained the lead. Then I had to switch. How did it end?

I have to get this little furry friend out for a walk. I will try her new "gentle leader" that we got last night. Pet Smart almost greats me by first name these days. She could get her picture taken with the Easter Bunny today but I am sure they would like their bunny to have 2 ears for the whole day, not just up to the time when it's Sadie's turn!

Well, Saturday calls.

See ya!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Charger, I am so sorry about your situation! Will insurance not cover it? I know there's a controversy abut where the water originates. Any help from your city?
    Good Morning, How are you ACU... Didn't want to go through insurance this time.... did a few years ago... Won't get any help from town because it's on my property. But thank you for all those great ideas.... Hope YOU have a wonderful day ACU!!!

Thread Information