User Tag List

Page 156 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 656 1156 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good sunny morning every1. I hope you have a great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Good morning everyone! @avoncallinguCongratulation! That's such great news. Seems lie that is the new norm for how places are being listed on the markets and disappearing in a flash.
    It's been a while since I've given everyone a proper update.
    I've been cryptic and not very forthcoming lately, and I apologize.
    The Lady and I have been hit with hurdle after hurdle to overcome.
    1. Back in late March, my FIL was diagnosed with (Stage 2? details are still fuzzy) prostate 'C' (I'm not going to even say the full name of this stupid pest of an illness). Preliminary scans came back negative for progression into the surrounding tissue or bone, which is great news. AMAZING Doc, rushed getting him scheduled into surgery even before the scans came back, and as soon as the option for surgery was discussed and okayed by FIL. Surgery is scheduled for the end of June. Fingers crossed nothing has changed since the scan.

2. The Lady and I have been diligently packing up boxes at our places, slowly but surely each night....all because we bought a Home and Property! I say Home and not just house,because it feels like HOME! Everything happened super fast, and after looking for what seemed like forever (...but was more so actually around 8 months, 11 if you count us just perusing random open houses) we were almost shocked it all worked out.
    We managed to get our new home, (slightly) under list price, and before it was listed on the Toronto Markets...We were the only offer to come in after the first weekend open house. Turns out the Listing Agent hadn't listed the home on the Toronto Real Estate Market until after the weekend open house, which gave us just enough time to beat all the Torontonians to the punch!
    We close on our Home, also...at the end of June...it's going to be tough, but we'll manage.
    3. Work issues...still dealing with this. I do appreciate everyone's kind words of advice/encouragement, they have not gone unread or unheeded.
    When it rains...it pours!
    All for now.
    Enjoy the day Fam, it's Hump day, weekend is on the horizon!
    Wow @danger_dan , you are going through quite a bit.

Happy to hear your FIL is getting excellent care, and that 'IT' was found so early, so things looking up there.

Don't know what else to say about your work situation, other than I'm sure you'll work that out.

And, CONGRATULATIONS on finding your new Home. Now that things are finalized, comes the sorting, packing, etc., but once you start, it goes pretty quickly.

So, I know it's been very stressful for you, but it sounds like some of that burden has been lifted.
    One day at a time. You're moving in the right direction.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@danger_dan

Wishing all the best for your FIL; keeping him, you and your wife in my prayers.

Hoping things get better for you at work.

Fab news about the new home; you are going to be such busy bees for a while!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    My condo is SOLD! ALL CONDITIONS WAVED! JULY 19TH CLOSING DATE!!! LOOK OUT KW - HERE I COME! To where, I don't know but should know soon. Back to KW tomorrow to look at more places.

Now I can start packing after I finish my taxes. The second person through ( on the second day it waslisted) put in an acceptable offer with acceptable timing and today she signed off on the condition she had to check out the condo association status. Whooppee!

Early morning tomorrow. Got to get some sleep. Thanks for listening to all my yammerings!
    Congratulations.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

and congratulations to @danger_dan and Mrs dan.

And best wishes to your FIL on the dreaded c-word operation. I hope all goes well for him.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sure hope everyone has a marvelous day! @danger_dan congrats on your new home and I'm really glad your FIL is getting great care!Name:  fb50e299c8bf810bee30b9f64a03a11c.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  23.8 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Wed, May 10th, 2017 at 09:41 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, everyone!!

Evidently I've spent too much time on here this morning, since Jennifur is trying to climb up me...her signal to go back to the living-room and snuggle. What a needy little girl...I love her to crazies!!
    @danger_dan ...I just read your news and WHEW!! I had been so worried about you, but I'll post later, okay?

For now...everyone, have a great morning!! I hope I'm let on here again today by the mistress of this home!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Congrats to avoncallingu on your sale and to danger_dan on your new home. Hoping everything goes well with your FIL. I slept in this morning and woke up with a sore back so not much planned for today. Just glad the cleaning lady comes today. Have a great day everyone.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I don't have as much big news as most. Mcdonalds is so damn expensive these days lol. Went to Walmart and got a big mac meal for $9.50. Oh well good thing I don't do that often. Anyway @danger_dan I hope everything goes well for you.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome news @avoncallingu , one more worry off your mind. Wishing you good luck finding another place really soon!Name:  th (1).jpg
Views: 142
Size:  11.0 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Wed, May 10th, 2017 at 04:45 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I don't have as much big news as most. Mcdonalds is so damn expensive these days lol. Went to Walmart and got a big mac meal for $9.50. Oh well good thing I don't do that often. Anyway @danger_dan I hope everything goes well for you.
    Oh, cabbie - don't pay full price there! There are physical coupon books which just came out, there are coupons online you can print - and if you have a smart phone there is an app.
    I do like the occasional Big Mac, but will only do so with coupons - especially since my husband eats a lot.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh I know @Natalka , I didn't plan on eating there so didn't think about it. I went there to buy a blanket and missed the bus by 2 mins and hadn't eaten yet. I sill enjoyed it though lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@danger_dan congrats on the purchase of your new home. I hope all goes well for you FIL. I am also glad he is getting excellent care .will be keeping you , your Lady and FIL in my prayers.I hope things get better soon for u at work.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, I'm back....I hate to complain but today my fibro put me into a "do nothing" but curl up and wallow in comfort kind-of a day. Jenny seems to sense when I'm not feeing well and today didn't pick up a squeaky-toy to entice me to play. amazing how they can pick up on our feelings.

@danger_dan, omgoodness, congratulations on buying your first home together!! How exciting for you!! Of course we know that given time you'll provide us with details of your new home...lay-out, etc...My Mom and I, when I was a pre-teen and teen, used to pour over books of home plans my Dad brought home when they designed the home that was built for us. I sure wish I had those books now...we'd change doorways, flip things around...it was such fun. They used to flip homes before it became "the" thing to do these days. Too bad they sold instead of renting them out!!

I wish you and your Lady all the very best in your new home; enjoy building memories together!!

"Having a place to go is HOME
    Having someone to love is FAMILY
    Having both is a BLESSING"

May your new home bring you many Blessings always!

Thread Information