User Tag List

Page 164 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 664 1164 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!
    Enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day brunch at the golf club, every Mom received a long-stem rose, and a free mimosa...it was a lovely get-together with the family!

I hope you all find something special to make you happy today....stay well, happy Monday!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Our whole family enjoyed a Mother's Day Brunch yesterday too. We all had a great time...and no cooking yesterday!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Our whole family enjoyed a Mother's Day Brunch yesterday too. We all had a great time...and no cooking yesterday!
    Wasn't that the best part, though, @Tweets77 ?? No cooking, serving, doing dishes (although the boys usually do those)...SO relaxing! I think a new tradition is born!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@GoodBoy .....Moi??

....okay.
    I'm a little spoiled.
    Most of the time.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    ...I'm a little spoiled.
    Most of the time.
    @Lynn49 , you spoiled, noooo....you're grandson, on the other hand...but that's you're job as a grandma, you're supposed to spoiler your grand kids!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    @Lynn49 , you spoiled, noooo....you're grandson, on the other hand...but that's you're job as a grandma, you're supposed to spoiler your grand kids!
    .....unfortunately, @danger_dan, we're not allowed to spoil our Grandson. At least in ways Grandparents are usually expected to, iykwim. We can't buy anymore than 3 gifts at Christmas, 1-2 for his b'days, no random "toys", except...hehehe...I actually DID give him a pre-b'day present when he stayed with us this weekend. I had ordered him a Fidgit the week before, and it had arrived the day he did, and omg.....coincidently, he wouldn't stop talking about them, how he and his Dad were going to Amazon when they got home and he was going to buy his own, he kept watching fidgit videos...he was practically internally hemorhaging!! I gave it to him Saturday morning and omg....I was THE BEST grandmother EVER in the history of the world!!

Ordinarily we're only allowed to buy him books between holidays. Treats have to be healthy or at least a healthier version of them, so I often bake him his favourite pumpkin muffins IF I cut the sugar, which I do. Sort-of.

But we do spoil him with hugs, love, and just being a big part of his life...honestly, he's such a great kid, polite, generous...it's easy to be with him.

He does spoil me, however, and I have NO idea where he gets that!!! Aw, he's just courteous in beautiful, subtle ways...

But, truth be told, yes, I very much am spoiled by my DH. Not in the way of getting everything I want (or I'd have a 70" tv hanging in our living-room right now), but his just being thoughtful, remembering me in special ways when he's out and about...and at home.

I think, though, that it's what marriage should be like: thinking of the needs of the other person. Neither one of us would ever imagine just getting a Keurig coffee for ourselves in the evening without asking the other if they want one...or the "do you need anything while I'm up?" questions...

I'm pretty sure that's what you and your Lady are like because that's just you, and you wouldn't invite anyone less kind into your life, than you are.

Okay! How'd this become all about YOU!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, May 15th, 2017 at 03:13 PM.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1; wasn't it a gorgeous day. I hope you had a chance to get out there for awhile, & take advantage of it. Nicer weather @ last.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Hello every1; wasn't it a gorgeous day. I hope you had a chance to get out there for awhile, & take advantage of it. Nicer weather @ last.
    Oh, wasn't it so summery?!! I tried sitting outside but then thought of all the stuff I had to do inside and couldn't sit still...we're heading into a long weekend at camp with everyone there and more, so must plan ahead!
    @22hicks ...isn't this what we've been impatiently waiting for??!! It's suppose to continue and get into the 20s here...fingers crossed!! Enjoy, my Friend!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, it's great to see you so perky, and able to do all these things; it must feel wonderful for you!
    Hoping you have lovely warm weather for the long weekend!

Son came over for supper - and with a huge bouquet of flowers in a lovely basket container. Wow, he sure knows me - all bright colours, full assortment of floral varieties - red rose, many yellow spray roses, sunflower, red and orange gerbera daisies (never saw any this big), light green mini spider moms, variety of colours of carnations (including the one that smells like cinnamon, which I love) - and there are more, I just don't remember. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Sent him home with lots of leftovers for a few meals yet, and some other stuff.
    What a honey!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I think, though, that it's what marriage should be like: thinking of the needs of the other person. Neither one of us would ever imagine just getting a Keurig coffee for ourselves in the evening without asking the other if they want one...or the "do you need anything while I'm up?" questions...
    I'm pretty sure that's what you and your Lady are like because that's just you, and you wouldn't invite anyone less kind into your life, than you are...
    That is exactly us. We always ask each other some version of "do you need anything while I'm up?".
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Fam!
    Another day...let's get some work done.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope everyone has a really good Tuesday!Name:  305953-Good-Morning-Wishing-You-A-Happy-Tuesday.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  142.6 KBName:  305953-Good-Morning-Wishing-You-A-Happy-Tuesday.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  142.6 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Tue, May 16th, 2017 at 08:13 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!!

Busy days, and @Natalka , it's amazing what drugs can do! haha!! I don't like taking pain killers but when stuff needs doing around here, I just have to. Taking lots of breaks helps, too. I'm just now coming to terms with the fact that I'm not 40 anymore, so slowing down, although rather forced on me lately, is just going to have to be the norm. I don't like it, but it is what it is...it's the price we all pay, I guess, for continuing on with life as we age. "Better over the hill than under it." pretty much sums it up. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Milan; having such close relationships with our kids truly is a blessing, isn't it?

Sure looks dreary out there, calling for rain, but sun-shiny tomorrow and onwards (thank heavens!), so I'll continue to keep busy today.

Have a lovely Tuesday, eveyrone!!

.........and yes...I actually DO have rollers in my hair! And not the fancy-shmancy velcro ones that pull my hair out by the roots, the old fashioned kind with picks! Remember those, Ladies?? hahahaha!!!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope all had a very good day!!

Thread Information