User Tag List

Page 213 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 313 713 1213 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 there was thunder and lightening about 1 1/2 hours from us but not directly here in town. Might rain here today, bust just as long as wind is pretty calm they can go with the fireworks. It will be finland trying again tonight and ukraine thurs. Some people are like ahh geez finland gets another chance. What they don't get is that it takes hours to set up the 3000 shells needed and finland is already set up. A couple countries might get completely cancelled in the end but being in the fireworks community they understand bad weather happens. If all goes well I think China will go Fri but some people came to town just to see them and they were supposed to go tonight. Canada goes on Canada day and has twice the time as the others but can't win.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!!!!

@avoncallingu, all the very best of luck, Sweetheart, on your auction this week (how long does it last?)...I'll check out your 'stuff' and if I buy something DH will HAVE to take me there again, right?? Method in our madness, my Dear...

@danger_dan, happy to hear your FIL's surgery went well, I hope he has an easy recovery and gets well very soon.
    And YAY! for your house closing tomorrow!! What an exciting time for you two!

@flemeth, thank you for your sweet comments. I've really been the lucky one in this marriage, although DH told me last night he wouldn't be the person he is today if I hadn't happened along...that's mutual for sure! It's been an easy 47 years and I wish we could start over. Minus our kids' teenage years! Now...we just continue to take care of each other....

@cabmonk, what a downer, having those fireworks cancalled day after day. I haven't looked outside here, yet, but I sure hope 'our' weather has cleared up....did you have that spastic sunny/thunderstorm day too, yesterday?

Well, we had a lovely day yesterday....doctor's appt...and he said he was "honoured" that we chose to spend our anniversary with him..hahaha....he's too funny. Then GS's graduation, Honour Roll...."Five times in a row, Baba!!!" he said. Uh-huh...JK to 3..haha! The school did it brilliantly, though...3 classes in 3 evenings so it was short and sweet; thank goodness those chairs are not comfy at all! Then dinner...we went to the KEG, had lovely apps, cocktails, and of course, great steak and a free dessert, hahaha..which we were sure we'd just have a nibble of....yep, gone!

So, @walkonby, absolutely no dieting yesterday at dinner, so back on the wagon today!
    @22hicks, I hope you can get into your gardens today; I'm guessing you have a lot of work ahead of you with the storms that roared through. But take care, pace yourself. I hope Jake is feeling better, too!!

We'll be off to camp tomorrow for the long weekend, and it's our SIL's b'day on Saturday, so he's been given the chance to choose his dinner and dessert...his Mom's 1 item, and my 3... So more wrapping gifts from us and our DD, and hoping the truck cover she bought him will fit into our van to take to the island!

Have a lovely day, everyone!!
    Happy belated anniversary Lynn and hubby!! Wishing you's many more years together,happiness and good health.. Take extra care yourself sweetie

Name:  IMG_1625.GIF
Views: 170
Size:  126.1 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=avoncallingu;6796550]G'morning folks!
    This is early for me but the building manager said he would try to get the fire alarm guy to check why my intercom buzzer from the front door isn't working. And he was coming early.

Sadie gets excited when I wake up but she knows when I pick up the tablet that we're not getting up for a while, so she goes and lies down again.

Sorry Jake wasn't well. I hope he's better now.

I have to tell you @22hicks that you appeared on a post with my stepson- he was liking the Argos and your sweet face was right there beside his.

I was wondering how you knew him but then I realized that you were just watching the same show, I think.

Well, those boxes are calling my name. I'm down to the "Why would you ever pack that with that" stage and the "How is this ever going to fit in abox" stage. No more time for sorting- just stick it in a box and sort it at the other end!

@Newfiescreech - imagine the Atlantic Ocean looking so calm and peaceful!

@walkonby -my brother and 2 bus loads of students were driving to Ottawa yesterday. I hope they didn't have to contend with that weather you described for very long.

@lynn - I DID have half a Radler the other day- I found it at the back of the fridge.

@TheGoodLordAbove -please keep all my friends and family safe today and provide those in need with help and care - and all the people said....amen[/QUOTEM
    hope
    Good evening avoncallingu !! WOW .. your very very busy lady .. I think you should sit back and kick up your heels and sip on nice glass wine 🍷 relax some sweetie... Yes .. not every day we see Atlantic Ocean calm and peaceful.. some days sea roars like a lion and can be very brutal.. hope your Sale goes great for you .. Take extra care yourself

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yesterday.. Busy busy getting ready for Canada 🇨🇦 Day celebration with fire department and firettes..Today in class training with department half day .. then hands on for other half day ..learning how work New Fire Truck that carries foam and water in holding tanks .. yeppper !! learn lots and lots today .. good thing I'm just volunteering and not actually fire fighter .. next thing I'll be fighting fires with breathing apparatus etc lol 🚒🚒

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

@Newfiescreetch, I worked at a chemical manufacturing plant and had to do fire and gas training twice a year. I failed gas training nearly every time since the breathing apparatus was too long for my frame so it didn't sit properly on my back. The gauge dug into the back of my head so it was hard to regulate it properly.

I was barely able to escape on my own. On the evacuation plans, I was the last out and needed help.

Fire training I could handle..I was able to use all the extinguishers....apart from the super-powered hoses..
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Wed, Jun 28th, 2017 at 08:54 PM.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Really? Could you comment on the post, & mention me by name, assuming you saw the pic on FB. I'd love to see ur stepson, and confirm that it's really me. lol
    I think I did that - don't know if it was successful. He's in TO and somewhere in cottage country this weekend with a friend. Just left Tampa.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    I had to laugh - I hadn't heard that term "swingers" since probably the 70's. We're showing our age!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Good morning Fam.
    Busy day yesterday, with another busy one today.

FIL's surgery went very well.
    He was in the operating room for just over two hours, came to about 45 minutes after the surgery, and has been in recovery since then.
    Work today, and then back to the hospital to visit him later this afternoon.

House closes tomorrow!
    Super excited!

Have a wonderful day folks.
    Good news all around, Dan!! That's great!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Windows users be careful. Regarding latest malware attack. No kill switch!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/28/tech...39217102<br />

Sent from my iPhone

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    @Newfiescreetch, I worked at a chemical manufacturing plant and had to do fire and gas training twice a year. I failed gas training nearly every time since the breathing apparatus was too long for my frame so it didn't sit properly on my back. The gauge dug into the back of my head so it was hard to regulate it properly.

I was barely able to escape on my own. On the evacuation plans, I was the last out and needed help.

Fire training I could handle..I was able to use all the extinguishers....apart from the super-powered hoses..
    Yeah .. so far I can do most things ..only thing I haven't done and I'm not sure I want do smoke house . Looking for bodies .. bring them out burning house . That training spook me out .. just thinking how would I handle it .. if this was really happening not just training.. enough is enough with training.. can't even wrap my head around this myself.. especially thinking about kids in burning house etc ... sorry Darth Penguin that you couldn't finish training.. there's things we all can't do .. just hang in there sweetie.. Thanks for your reply.. have wonderful evening
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I had to laugh - I hadn't heard that term "swingers" since probably the 70's. We're showing our age!
    Global Calgary weatherman misinterprets the Participaction activity for the day....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning Fam,
    quick in and out, drive by 'Hello'.
    finishing up work for the week before lunch, then out the door...and in through the door of our new Home!

Have a wonderful rest of the week, Happy Birthday Canada! Turning the Big ONE FIVE OH...CANADA, we stand on guard for thee...
    Have a wonderful long weekend Folks! see you back here in Tuesday.
    Dan
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Home, dan!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
    Glad to hear your FIL surgery went well @Danger-dan!Name:  d45d225edcf538cb786e2947937b2f56.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  73.5 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Thu, Jun 29th, 2017 at 09:26 AM.

Thread Information