User Tag List

Page 263 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 763 1263 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good Morning everyone.

Where's @Natalka at? She's usually posted by now.
    I know she's probably up and about, and more than likely been up since way too early. Here's hoping she getting a few winks or will soon.
    Take care of yourself Nat.

Drink into work today was horrendous...accident on the 401 eastbound at the 404 meant traffic was backed up way too far east...then emergency median repairs where the accident was...
    Took twice as long as it should normally take to get into work...but I'm here. Luckily for me, no one else in my department has arrived just yet...so I'm technically on time!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

For those of you who know people with stents, isn't that usually for heart problems - I had never heard of it with the aorta in the abdomen before.
    And, yes, so very thankful this is going quickly - and more amazing that it's the surgeon herself who is making the arrangements and the one phoning us - like yesterday, after hours.

The thing I really hate about this is that I am not yet well - chest is still really heavy, shortness of breath a bit better but not gone, impetigo not gone. My husband was redoing the bandages on my legs last night, and they really have not improved enough at all, surely not as much as we thought they would - and they are still very painful for me, so that's disappointing. I'm done my oral meds, so I'll have to get back to the doctor myself.

Health problems suck.

Sure hope everyone else has a good day! to you all!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yep, Dan, I've been up - just dealing with other crap.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Yep, Dan, I've been up - just dealing with other crap.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone. @Natalka sending my prayers for you and your husband!
    Sure is great the surgeon is doing all that for U, that's really unusual!
    Name:  Funny-and-Cute-Mouses-Funny-Mouse-Picture-055-FunnyPica.com_.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  31.1 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!
    @Natalka , what an awful stretch of medical misfortunes you and your Hubby are dealing with!! Is having CCAC (as it's known in Ontario, not sure if it's the same in Sask.) visitations a possibility for you both? When your DH is home, I'm pretty sure he'll be on complete bed-rest for a while and you'll still need attending to, dressings changed, well, that's where help can come in, Hon. Perhaps contact your local agency and get some help for a while...I'm hoping that will bring you both some relief, knowing someone is keeping a close eye on both of you. Keeping prayers going for you both.

@walkonby , omgoodness, yes, I'm only too well aware of what's going on below our border and waiting for the influx of more refugees into Canada escaping from the US....another underground railroad might be in our futures! If I lived there and wasn't of the "type" of person those hate-groups approve of, I'd be shaking in my boots now that their president has condoned their beliefs, aggressions and transgressions!! He's just a white piggy racist who needs to be booted out, but oh, noooo...for some reason the other republicans are too afraid of being disowned by their own constituents if they oppose their racist supporters...they can close their eyes all they want and shut their mouths, but everyone better know that if they don't stand up against potus and his fellow haters, then they stand with him!! Home of the brave, huh? Lord knows one HAS to be brave to live there!!!

DH is off golfing and I'm not up to even thinking about heading to camp tomorrow, I want a "free" day at home with nothing to do but what I want to do (if that makes any sense)...I want to leave Friday morning..I'm feeling tired of all the back and forth to and from camp right now, just tired generally and really would like more home-time. But, physio this afternoon too, so out once again. I think I just need some...what's the word...cocooning time here at home. Although I hate winter, I do love fall, when I'm home doing my own things instead of traveling so much. I do love it at camp, for sure, but right now I just feel so exhausted....

Time for bkfst, a shower, then sewing that little stuffie elephant to match the quilt, physio, then hopefully just home again to do nothing but plan our GS's winter quilt. Fingers crossed!!

Everyone, I hope there's some relaxing ahead in your day today.. @danger_dan , I hope your trip home is less eventful than your trip to work this morning. Take good care, everyone....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning gang! @Natalka yes about the stent(s) my Mom had, it was heart related.
    Gosh, I do hope you are eligible and have some kind of home care program that you can use there? I mean you will obviously need the assistance while hubby is in hospital getting his surgery and then both of you could use help once he is home recovering. There is something so sad that you are both dealing with medical issues at the same time. I agree that sucks!!

Was up before 8 today and I think the dogs " scammed " me....as I was putting on their leashes for their a.m. walk I thought Rufus eyes were suspiciously guilty looking, but as we left for the walking park I ignored it.
    Neither dog pooped, they barely even tinkled along the way, so I KNOW now DH must have already walked them before I got up..... those sneaky little cutie pies.
    They were all prancy, jumping around and excited as they usually are when I come down from the bedroom.
    I mean could it have hurt them to just lay in their beds and maybe put a paw up to communicate " hey, we're good man....no walk needed ".
    Little buggers....They still both got their after walk treat too because you know? I had to. ha ha

Made another big stir fry this a.m. Was able to add zucchini and Swiss chard to it from the backyard. This one is all veggie, so I will saute up some skinless boneless chx breasts to go with it later.

Hoping everyone has a relaxing hump day!!

babies teach us acceptance

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1. I hope you're enjoying the day, at least the best you can.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, walkonby, I needed to hear a cute story like that!

I will have to look into homecare - it will depend if it's covered or not.

Just got a call from the hospital - they gave the heads-up that they don't have a bed for my husband yet, but will call back when they do - so I called my husband, turns out he's working out of the city today, so he'll have to zoom back here and get things ready.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Natalka

I really hope you have a good day and beyond.

-----------------

Not just because of new minimum wage coming but other new labour changes coming..
    A report by the Keep Ontario Working Coalition---in partnership with the Timmins Chamber of Commerce---suggests 25% of Timmins jobs are at risk due to proposed labour changes by the Ontario government.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    good morning gang! @Natalka yes about the stent(s) my Mom had, it was heart related.
    Gosh, I do hope you are eligible and have some kind of home care program that you can use there? I mean you will obviously need the assistance while hubby is in hospital getting his surgery and then both of you could use help once he is home recovering. There is something so sad that you are both dealing with medical issues at the same time. I agree that sucks!!

Was up before 8 today and I think the dogs " scammed " me....as I was putting on their leashes for their a.m. walk I thought Rufus eyes were suspiciously guilty looking, but as we left for the walking park I ignored it.
    Neither dog pooped, they barely even tinkled along the way, so I KNOW now DH must have already walked them before I got up..... those sneaky little cutie pies.
    They were all prancy, jumping around and excited as they usually are when I come down from the bedroom.
    I mean could it have hurt them to just lay in their beds and maybe put a paw up to communicate " hey, we're good man....no walk needed ".
    Little buggers....They still both got their after walk treat too because you know? I had to. ha ha

Made another big stir fry this a.m. Was able to add zucchini and Swiss chard to it from the backyard. This one is all veggie, so I will saute up some skinless boneless chx breasts to go with it later.

Hoping everyone has a relaxing hump day!!

Hahahaha...little monkeys! You've just got to love them to pieces!!! hahaha!

Camels? They sure don't look that good in person!! DH asked me if I wanted to ride one when we were at the pyramids....um..NO!!! They are ugly and scraggy looking!! I bet they don't smell that good up close, either!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, Lynn, that's the wrong health region, but I'm going to look it up for ours in Saskatoon.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Thanks, Lynn, that's the wrong health region, but I'm going to look it up for ours in Saskatoon.
    I sure hope there's something like that available where you are...anything post-op should be a good enough excuse..Good luck!!

Off to physio and omgoodness, I'm bushwhacked!! Our GS came over this morning to bake out 4-layer cake for the weekend gathering at camp: strawberry, lemon, blueberry and lime. His choices...naturally they were not scratch cakes! The frostings aren't going to be scratch either, since we have to assemble them at camp (they're in the freezer now)...just my usual 1 container marshmallow fluff, 1 container prepared frosting! So sinful!! Wish I could do the chocolate, but not with THIS cake!!

Hope you're all having a pretty darn good day!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    "Little girl, you've had a busy day!" My mum used to sing to me....
    Up fairly early -BrotherB - brought over BrotherR 's bed, dresser, bed frame and a roll-top desk that used to belong to my mum.
    That meant major dragging of boxes to places they shouldn't be. Total mish-mash. Then took Sadie to a walk-in groomer so that I could go and video my brotherR's physiotherapist doing his exercises- then off to finance guy to sign so papers then back to pick Sadie up at the groomer-not really happy with the job or the cost.

Then picked up stuff for supper having forgotten about the vet appointment for Sadie. Made it on time. Whew! He got to see Sadie at her best and worst. Prescribed progesterone in mega and quickly reducing doses.

Then home for supper-walk for supper- served supper and will take BrotherR home after WHEEL OF FORTUNE. He is really good at this and also Jeapardy - he shows me up every time. Ever want to play Trivial Pursuit? Make sure he is on your team!

Then I might just collapse.

Natalka - I was surprised to hear your hubby went to work-in his precarious medical situation. PLEASE tell me that you are able to get home care, or I might just pack Sadie in the car and drive to Saskatoon to help.

I'm in need of a clone! Not a drone-a clone. BrotherB who helped a lot this morning, spent the afternoon in someone's pool!

Lynn, I understand your need for "regroupinget" time.

Tomorrow I have my ultrasound to check on the health of my pelvic area. In the hour before they do it, I have to drink a litre of water and resist the urge to go to the washroom. OIY!

I have a friend coming over at 11 to help and BrotherR 's new mattress and box spring arrive between 10 and 1.

I'm getting tired just thinking about it. Then Friday and Saturday - just as busy! Mr. Bennie,the cat arrives on Saturday. Maybe I will enroll foe a respite stay!
    Got to run!

Thread Information