User Tag List

Page 276 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 376 776 1276 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone.was too busy running around yesterday. @Lynn49 happy to know u are feeling much better and the X-ray came back will be praying for your cousin son. @Nata ka I agreed u should get to the emergency so u can get better we are all concerned that you are not feeling better as yet glad to know that your DH us doing good on his recovery. @22hicks hoping you DIL is doing ok and you are feeling better . Have a great day everyone. For all of us who are in pain and going through some difficulty praying that our days get better.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oy! Many concerning posts since yesterday, that is so terribly sad about your cousin's son being diagnosed with liver cancer @Lynn49 . Life is so unfair. Will keep him in my prayers for certain. I know you will head off to the hospital @Natalka so I won't browbeat you here. We are all concerned that's all.

Just another cooking day for me...ha ha .

Wanted to try making up the " Fred Flintstones " style large beef ribs that I bought a while back. They started off in the pressure cooker, then spent some more time covered in the oven and ended up lightly brushed with bbq sauce and placed under the broiler for a bit.
    The sides are boiling up just now ( Yukon golds and carrots )
    Company coming this afternoon ( just 1 visitor ) so we may eat while watching the Jays play, we'll see how well they perform.

Hey @cabmonk !! Napping is MY thing! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    Name:  stock-vector-wood-letter-happy-sunday-text-owl-vector-201293048.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  43.1 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Thank you, @22hicks , @flemeth , @walkonby , @dededi , everyone for your prayers; that damn cancer!

What a gorgeous sunny morning! Our DD and her DH are off golfing so we'll entertain our GS for a few hours. Apparently he's concerned about some dead leaves on my jade plant, so we'll do some indoor gardening today. Then he wants to bake, so I'll take a shortcut and make boxed cake mix cookies...
    @dededi , that pretty pic you posted this morning sure looks like fall...which sure isn't too far down the road!
    @walkonby , speaking of ribs, I FINALLY found a method for making fall off the bone ribs! I just coukdn't do it the way I like them until this: place ribs meat side down in a baking pan with a couple of inches of water foil covered, on 275 for 3 hours or so, then drain off the water, place them on parchment in the pan meaty side up, baste with rib sauce, up the oven temp to 375 for about a half hour. If you want the sauce sticky, broil for a few minutes.
    Perfect every time and you can make a ton of them. I'm also afraid of my pressure cooker.

Have a beautiful, relaxing, sunny day everyone!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ hee hee, Fear of your pressure cooker I truly get it!
    I make sure I never leave the kitchen while it is " spitting and hissing " as the rib meat softens. It is a gentle hiss sound though because I always keep the element low enough. Don't want no explosions.

That method slow going in the oven sounds like it would work great as well.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^ hee hee, Fear of your pressure cooker I truly get it!
    I make sure I never leave the kitchen while it is " spitting and hissing " as the rib meat softens. It is a gentle hiss sound though because I always keep the element low enough. Don't want no explosions.

That method slow going in the oven sounds like it would work great as well.
    I know, right? Fear of appliances.... That's some kind of pathetic...haha

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1828.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  32.7 KB

Good Afternoon SC family !!!
    wow !! Lynn ...Sorry hear news about your brother son .. sending my prayers to you and your family ..hope and pray that everything works out for him .glad hear lynn your foot is gradually getting better .take care

Natalka.. glad hear your hubby is doing well ..now natalka my sweet friend ..please take care yourself too ..you need see doctor your doctor and tell him your meds is not doing you any good ..you need get well again ..sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your hubby

Walkonby..see your cooking up storm and making everyone hungry around here lol ..have wonderful afternoon and take care

to all my wonderful friends here .. have awesome sunday afternoon ..sending my thoughts and prayers to all thats not feeling well ..take extra care yourselfs and will keep you's all in my prayers
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby My sleep patterns are weird lol. I will go to sleep at 11pm or 12am and sleep till noon. Or I'll go to sleep at 5am because I had a hard time falling asleep and wake up at 9am wide awake.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Boy, almost every1 here is having such a tough time.

Your family is having a rough go of it lately @Natalka. I'm glad your DH is doing alright, and I hope you're improving too, but that seems really unfair to your DS. Things just have to turn around, and soon I hope.

I hope the x-ray doesn't show that your foot has anything broken @Lynn49, but I'm really glad you went to get it checked out. Smart thing to do.

My DIL is doing much better. She's no longer critical, & in a 'normal' room, only 2 doors from ICU though. There doesn't seem to be any permanent damage to her heart or lungs. Yesterday they found another huge aneurysm in the artery of her left groin, so with that & those in her lungs, she's on some heavy-duty clot busters, and can't move, in case they shift. They estimate that she'll be in for about another 5 days or so, but at least she's much better than she was. She's still on oxygen, but her heart rate has slowed from 140 to 82. Almost normal again.
    Hi 22hicks..so awesome hear that your daughter in law is doing good ..still will keep her in my prayers ..hope your taking good care yourself sweetie too .
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lynn, my self-centeredness led me to forget mentioning that I will add your brother's son to my prayers. Liver cancer is awful and might mean it started somewhere else. Such a battle to be fought, but prayers do help, I believe.
    My dear Sadie has now moved on to a foster home. I am very happy with her temporary placement in a Great setting with very lovely people.

My world just Doesn't seem the same, though.

Tomorrow, the rest of my brother's things will arrive. His cat now has the whole apartment to explore. (Except my bedroom.) Sorry, cat lovers-I have to draw the line somewhere. This cat Bites!)

On to the last few days of freedom for school-goers.
    I feel so sorry for those poor people in Texas! A whole city underwater! How will people ever find safety? It is just too tragic!
    Take care everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, I know how tired you are, my Dear Friend....it's my cousin's son in ThunderBay who's been diagnosed with liver cancer. The first time he was in Toronto they put a stent in to drain fluid from his liver, sent him home, it moved causing his pain, they flew back to TO, another surgery, and that's where it stands right now. What an adorable family ....

I know how you loved Sadie, but Honey, you have so, so much on your plate right now that love just wasn't enough to keep her from her little ways, and where she is now, in that 2 acre yard, those lovely people...she could have that forever home and be thrilled to pieces. She's a lovely little girl, and more than that, really adaptable...they'll give her loads of love. So sorry, though...I know you're so sad right now and miss her so much...

Well, off to bed rather later than usual...sweet dreams everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone . Hope you all had a great weekend. My prayers for those who is in pain and going through a difficult time. Have a great Monday everyone.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Fam.
    Early start to the day today.

Temps cooling down...and the Sun's not coming up as early in the morning anymore...mind you the sun's never up when I leave in the mornings, but that's beside the point

Have a wonderful day, and start to the week peeps!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, I hope U have a really good day!
    Name:  Funny-and-Cute-Mouses-Funny-Mouse-Picture-064-FunnyPica.com_.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  21.2 KB
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information