User Tag List

Page 288 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288 289 290 298 338 388 788 1288 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Lynn49 the worst part about the people staying behind is the risk that they force others to take in the name of their safety. I think the emergency workers should be able to get out as well. No one needs to try and be bigger than this storm.
    @lilo0003 , totally agree with you!
    I saw interviews with the mayor of Miami, the governor, and they said that wherever there are mandatory evacuations, the emergency response teams will be GONE. So, look after yourselves, see you all after the storm! I think that's brilliant! There is absolutely no reason for responders to risk their own lives because some dumb-nut, testosterone-driven guys wait it out with their families in tow. In BOATS in the Keys, for heaven's sake! Stupid beyond belief.
    ROMEO, 22hicks, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good evening, folks! I hate to say that I don't know the reason, but my step-son has stayed in Tampa.
    So I am still praying for him with my stomach churning.

I think that the day to leave would have been yesterday but once the highways got backed up and the gas stations were running out, people really were better staying but at a shelter.

He feels he has access to the equivalent of a shelter at his office with generators, concrete walls, enough supplies to last a good long time and he will close himself and his dog in there tomorrow before the storm hits . He has established a place for the dog to do what she needs including grassy turf.

I can only pray. I don't know if his mom left but he hasn't mentioned her today. She would have flown to Denver and, of course, you can't take a lab-cross doggie on a plane.

Everyone who is staying thinks they have the perfect plan but I don't see how being in a school building ( which is what many shelters are) is any safer than some homes.

Time will tell but the waiting is excruciating.

Thanks for listening, folks.
    ROMEO, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, sure hope all goes well for him.

Another hot day today - up to 33, more with humidex. Gah.

Went to see family dr. yesterday - my first time seeing him, but my husband has for quite a while.
    Firstly, I thanked him for saving my husband's life!

I liked him because he was straight-forward, thorough, no wasting time - listened well, laid out an action plan.
    Hoping this plan gets me on a better path.

Now this isn't a brag because being so sick is not the way to have it happen, but I lost 22 pounds in the past month. There is no answer as to why I am not/can't eat...
    I'm just so very weak - it was rather torturous to get from the house to the van, then to the dr. office - but my big strong son was with me to help me out, and he's amazing.

Adding to my weakness is less sleep than my usual (ick) - I was down to like 45 minutes maybe three times out of 24 hours. The dr. gave me sleeping pills to try - the one I took last night did nothing.

Fingers crossed, peeps!

Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Sep 9th, 2017 at 08:53 AM.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Made myself a smoothie this morning with what my friend thinks is a strange combo lol. I think it worked out well for me. Handful of frozen mixed berries, 1/2 small apple, 1/2 nectarine, 1/2 a carrot, few pieces of cucumber and a bit of lime juice and water. It tasted really good to me, mostly tasted the berries with hints of the cucumber and lime.
    22hicks, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Morning, everyone!

I'm still glued to CNN's Irma reporting...seems those "laid-back" Keys folks finally got the message last night and have left the "safety" of their boats behind. Finally!

@avoncallingu, oh goodness, I pray your step-son is making the right call, esp since Irma is now tracking towards Tampa!! He's an amazing young man, but he's scaring us to crazy! I can only image how difficult this is for YOU! He may be safe from the winds, but if there's a 5-10' storm surge,....omg...his office will be under water! I hope he's watching his governor on tv right now! I'll send up lots of prayers for him! I'm tearing up here....

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone and keep sending prayers, thoughts...omg, the governor is asking for more doctors and nurses to volunteer their services....they need so many more!

This is just breaking my heart.......our SIL's cousin and his family are also in Tampa, but hasn't heard about their plans.....

Oh....our retired dentist was killed riding his bike a few days ago, just heard the name this morning....the driver left the scene but returned. 82 yrs old, biking at 10:30 pm! Why?!

Stay safe, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Sep 9th, 2017 at 09:48 AM.
    22hicks, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Morning, everyone!

Oh....our retired dentist was killed riding his bike a few days ago, just heard the name this morning....the driver left the scene but returned. 82 yrs old, biking at 10:30 pm! Why?!

Stay safe, everyone!
    @Lynn49 oh that is so tragic! In Aug of 2011 a retired postie I had worked with for a few years was also struck while riding his bike and he too died, he was 84 and the motorist was 81 and was never charged.
    @Natalka that is terrific news about getting in to see the family Dr. he sounds like a no nonsense practitioner. Hope you can get some different sleeping aids to help with the insomnia.
    You are right about the weight loss, certainly not a brag because your health was at risk. Once you and the Dr. can figure out the particular issues that have you not tasting anything ( and remove them ) then you can probably look forward to enjoying eating with pleasure once again.

My kitchen smells like cauliflower pizza!! Made up 7 of them this morning. Different twist this time, liberally brushed pesto sauce all over the crusts, then I used a smaller amount of the red pizza sauce, topped with sauteed chx breast pieces instead of pepperoni, and the rest was all assorted diced veggies, scant layer of grated Mozz. on the top. I'll slice and freeze most of it, but just had to enjoy 3 small slices for my brekkie!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend so far!
    Name:  274475-Good-Afternoon.gif
Views: 272
Size:  109.4 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I hope every1 is enjoying their Saturday.
    Prayers for each of you, your family, and friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good night everyone wanted to say Hi. It was a busy day .I miss my DD so much that we will go tomorrow myself , DH And older DD will be going to visit and maybe have dinner with her if she has no plans. It has been a very difficult week for us @Natalka I ask happy u finally made it your family doctor hope this new plan work in your favour. I am praying for everyone that is in the path or Irma to be able to get through it without any injuries. Also praying for everyone here who are in pain to be well. have a goodnight all

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good evening....I went shopping with my GF to buy more 'stuff' for the Children's Christmas Boxes we're preparing for overseas, then of course to Fabricland (it's my 2nd Disneyworld), then lunch. I was exhausted when I got home, put Jenny out for a piddle, then I plopped her on the bed for my nap and she was asleep in about 2 seconds and just as I was falling asleep, our DD phoned to invite me over to watch movies with her and our GS, have dinner....so we got through about half of "The Descendents" when the guys rolled in from golf; they didn't stay for the calcutta, so a nice early night for them and I'd have loved to have stayed longer, but my fibro has done me in tonight and I can hardly keep my eyes open.

So...I'll slip into bed and check CNN for the latest on Irma and in particular keep an eye on Tampa where Avon's step-son is hunkered down. He's such a wonderful young man....I pray he'll get through this....that everyone will get through this!

Good night everyone!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning all. Looks like another sunny day.

Sounds like you had a wonderful, if not tiring, day @Lynn49 .
    Enjoy the visit with your DD @flemeth .

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Silly Loocie / Val's Celebration of Life is today @ 1 p.m.
    Of course I'll be going, and since my DH is buried there too, I'll visit with him for awhile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    Name:  7b3a4ed2e41d01e9c0849caf831eba2d.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  20.9 KB
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Silly Loocie / Val's Celebration of Life is today @ 1 p.m.
    Of course I'll be going, and since my DH is buried there too, I'll visit with him for awhile.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Sep 10th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Thread Information