User Tag List

Page 299 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 399 799 1299 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Enjoy your afternoon get-together @avoncallingu .

So far today, went to bible study, picked up some ink cartridges, dishes, Jake's bath, caught up here, mower is charged, so now it's time to mow the lawn. May have a nap after that's done.
    'See' you all later.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Enjoy your afternoon get-together @avoncallingu .

So far today, went to bible study, picked up some ink cartridges, dishes, Jake's bath, caught up here, mower is charged, so now it's time to mow the lawn. May have a nap after that's done.
    'See' you all later.
    I shopped at Giant Tiger and Rexall, then came home and ate breakfast.....lol. @22hicks your energy level rocks!!

I think @Lynn49 you may be right....I hope Natalka is under her Dr's care, ( perhaps in the hospital ) or at the very least at home getting home care. We are thinking about you @Natalka !!

I personally loved that adorable skunk in a blanket....looks like he wouldn't hurt a fly right??

I am off again soon, my driving duty beckons. Later all!
    Newfiescreech and 22hicks like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1908.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  67.5 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Toodles, everyone!!

Okay, fine, @avoncallingu ...no skunk pets, then. phooey. Seriously, though, I sure hope that stinky invasion hasn't permeated too deeply into your soft furnishings. When you speak to your apt manager, perhaps suggest that the calking along your windows and doors be checked...if skunk stink can get in, so can rain and melting snow, right? Best check now rather than later since he or she will be looking into it for you.

I guess it's a good thing that doctor fled the province, lol...doesn't sound like you'd want him or her to do that injection! And it's a good think you'll be having it on Friday, so we can still have fun before then! I hope that injection works wonders for you, Hon!

DH is making chicken veggie soup today from the stock he prepared on Tuesday....it's going to be yummy! Wish we could have bread to go with it though. I'm not doing much, did some tidying up, repaired a tear in DH's motorcycle cover....yep, life in the fast lane.
    @22hicks , it would take me a week to do what you do in a day for heaven's sake!! I'm like: You are awesome!!

It's hot and humid out there...I have two passed out doggies from the walk DH took them on. Why wasn't summer like this?!

Well, I'm taking a break here, doing a little emailing, a little surfing...I hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful summer day!!!

OKay, so here's a mouse for you, @avoncallingu , since you asked...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Ok, lawn's done, and another walk for Jake.
    Now that he's almost dry, time for a good brushing and combing. He's not going to like me trying to get all the tangles out, but I'll be gentle.

Hey ladies, when I have a good day, I have so much to do to make up for the bad ones. I don't think I'll ever get caught up. Both of you, @Lynn49 and @walkonby, do so much I couldn't even imagine: all that sewing and cooking, you sure put me to shame.

I was going to start moving the bedroom furniture, and do the taping, to get ready to cut and paint, but that'll have to wait. It's too humid for that, and I'm getting tired. Besides, why would I spend 2 days indoors when we've waited so long for this wonderful weather. There'll be plenty of miserable days, but I want to make sure I can have the windows open to help with the ventilation.
    I was hoping to get it done before my surgery, 'cause who knows how long it'll be before I'm able to do it, but it's looking less and less likely.

Oh well, I'd better get to Jake's coat before he falls asleep.
    Talk to you all later.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Thu, Sep 21st, 2017 at 03:21 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OOOooohhhh, no, no, @22hicks!
    I'm in no way in your or @walkonby's league!
    You are both more physically active than I am and so wish I could be, but those days are now quite far behind me, sad to say. I can walk for oh, maybe 10 - 15 minutes but then the searing pain starts in my hips from my bursitis, my back feels as if there's a knife imbedded in it, and there isn't a thing I can do about it. I can't take Aleve (although I have on some days) because of my high BP which is nicely controlled with medication, or T3 which makes my dizzy (don't need another fall!), so I'm between a rock and a hard place.
    On our trip next week I'll use my walker at Stratford, but I'll need my wheelchair when we visit St Jacob's markets....

I live vicariously through your adventures and misadventures and only wish I could do all the things you gals do, which is why my persuits are pretty much sedentary, like my sewing and painting.

So don't you ever be ashamed of what you accomplish in a day, a week....!!!

YOU are truly awesome!!
    You both are!!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Sep 21st, 2017 at 06:47 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow, you are so sweet @Lynn49 .
    I really feel for you and the pain you have to endure. I have those days too, but thankfully, not every day. When my back's really bad, Aleve, nor Tylenol work for me. Believe it or not, Advil Extra Strength does a much better job, at least for me.

I haven't been to St. Jacobs in decades. I bet it has changed enormously in all this time. I know you'll have fun there, spending, spending, spending.

Well, dinner's done, as are the dishes. Jake's had his last walk, and I have a load of laundry in.
    Now I can relax and watch the Jays game.

I hope every1 enjoys their evening.

For you @Lynn49 , and anyone else who needs one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Well, I left at 1:30 and had a great time with my friends. Then headed home only to find that I had brought the wrong set of keys and couldn't get into my apartment.

A friendly co-building enhabitant had let me in the front door. But my brotherR had said that he was going to the Y between 2:30 - 4:30.

I tried the superintendent but she wasn't in.

I phoned inside, tried the patio door (which (shhhh!) sometimes gets left open), I knocked on bedroom window thinking he might have opted for a rest. No go.

I had to a-hem use someone's facilities so I drove over to Timmies. I kept phoning but no answer but sometimes he can't get to the phone before it goes to recording. So tried again at home. No luck - my BrotherB was on his way home so I went over there for a while.

I thought that BrotherR had mentioned going to a movie that was coming out - hoping that he hadn't decided to go.

Still had not heard from him at 6:30 - now getting worried - he usually tries to find me when his stomach starts to growl.
    BrotherB needed some snacks for a poker game he was hosting tonight (PD day tomorrow so he won't have to get up at 5.)
    So I headed to Superstore to pick some up and to grab a BBQ chicken and some more peroxide.

By the time I got back to BrotherB's house with the goodies, BrotherR had called that he'd just arrived home and where was I?

He had taken the wrong bus when he got out of the Y and wound up riding all over the city before he transferred at one of the malls and wound up getting home hours later. Whew! I was about ready to call out the cavalry if he wasn't home when I got back from the snack shopping.

The smell has pretty well dissipated which is good because by the time I got home I was totally whipped!

I have actually - and you'll be proud of me, Lynn, turned down an opportunity to be part of a committee at church. I vacillated, but realized that it's just one more straw on this camel's back.

I just got the baptism confirmation and sent off a prospective ceremony.

So, although we didn't get much fully accomplished this morning, I felt that we moved several steps in the right direction wrt getting BrotherR the new orthotics and compression stockings that he needs.

Well, going to bid you good evening. May check in later. Take care!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well that was quite the experience @avoncallingu . I'm glad it all worked out in the end, but I bet it was a very long afternoon for you. Bet you'll sleep tonight, and I bet you'll double check the keys next time you go out.

Good night to you and every1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1910.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  27.6 KB
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1911.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  64.5 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning everyone!! Early start today, things to do.
    After reading about your no apt keys mishap @avoncallingu I was relieved to hear it finally worked out and you got in! As well as your site seeing brother taking the wrong bus. When it rains it pours....thank goodness for that nearby Timmies so you could at least have a washroom break.
    @22hicks and @Lynn49 I think we all ( on certain days that is ) fall victim to what ails us.
    Many times I forgo the pain relief as it can cause tummy upset ( from some of them ) but other times I cave and swallow some.
    The drive both you gals have to get small tasks and large jobs completed when you have your good days with less pain is inspiring.
    It may be we just become more appreciative upon waking up to realize the dark cloud of pain has lifted and we want to seize the day again to feel normal. Either that or we're all Energizer Bunnies in disguise.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!
    Well, another day in paradise, @danger_dan! It only rained overnight and it's a gorgeous 23 here this morning!
    I hope it's just as perfect where you are! So sunny here!
    Thanks @Lynn49 , you must have sent that good weather our way...at it seems to have picked up some steam along the way! 28+ yesterday, 29+ today...getting into the mid 30s over the weekend!

Morning @walkonby !
    How's things...I haven't said hello or had a chat with you in a while.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Fri, Sep 22nd, 2017 at 07:22 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning Folks.
    TGIF indeed!

Stay cool everyone, looks like Summer's finally here...oh wait, Autumn officially starts at 4:02 this afternoon!
    Enjoy our shortest summer in history...only another 8H 33m left!
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1912.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  76.3 KB

Thread Information