User Tag List

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: 2019 Mail In Rebates

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.smartsaver.ca/en/coupons-offers/

SmartSaver has MIRs for AIR WICK PURE AEROSOL OR FRESHMATIC PRODUCT and Amopé GelActiv Inserts or Insoles available again to print.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    A quick question for all those more well versed in mail in rebates than I am...
    I want to do as I see everyone else do, put multiple mail in rebates into one envelope. They both have the same address, just different PO Box as I know everyone else has done before, but what if they are both Finish MIRs?
    One is the store specific one from RCSS and the other is the $8 one from smartsaver. Can I do them both since they are different MIR under my name or will they decline? Just want to be on the safe side with this since I haven't heard of anyone doing this before

[Sorry in advance for the diatribe, but I found the question interesting, and thought I could elaborate on the subject]

Now, I assume you aren't double-dipping the MIR on one purchase, correct? (ie: one purchase, expecting two rebates?) Because that would most assuredly be rejected.

However, if you have two separate purchases, two receipts, and two rebates there should be no problem. I would just ensure that each MIR coupon/form is attached to the respective receipt you intend it for. (eg the $23 one is for a larger value product, and I would assume YOU want it applied to the more costly receipt) A small piece of tape would suffice so it can be easily removed without damage, but enough to ensure it's intent.

I've actually spent some time inside the clearing house where the FINISH ones are going to in Saint John so I know a bit about how this operation works. (or at least, used to work)

The fact that they are in a single envelope is 99% of the time irrelevant at this facility. Here's why: The PO BOX is typically there for simple sorting and counting purposes. All of one rebate type/offer goes to one PO Box (which in reality is a bin at the Post Office). When the mail comes in, all the ones for the $23 MIR are addressed to "FINISH DISHWASHER DETERGENT PRODUCT", "PO BOX 13959" : and they go to the group processing those rebates. As it happens, the $8 MIR coupon is PO BOX 13964, but has the same name as above.. so it's LIKELY going to wind up in the same group of people. Someone in that group is merely pulling the contents of the envelopes, sorting them, and handing them down the line (figuratively speaking) for data entry so your rebate cheque can be printed. So if there are two in one, they dont care, so long as they dont have to stop figure out what your intent was, you arent really impeding on their process.

However, Sometimes the different PO Boxes are intended for accounting purposes, depending on the SLA with the vendor. In some contracts, the clearing house gets paid for each piece of mail received at that PO box, regardless if its actually valid to be processed or not. (eg the form isnt properly completed, or the receipt is a mis-match item, etc) ... regardless, they get paid for handling it and doing the validation. However putting two (or more) in one envelope (regardless how otherwise valid they all are) means that they only get paid for one piece, not two (or more). So you might find yourself getting only one (or none) of the rebates in this case.

In any event, if you are going to do so, just to repeat: if you have two separate receipts in the same envelope, best to attach the receipt to the MIR that you want it to be applied. The people at the center don't typically have the time nor the interest to try and figure out what your intention was, and you might get a lesser rebate than you anticipated.

Regardless, there are no guarantees since you did INTENTIONALLY send one of the MIR's to the "incorrect" PO Box. Bear in mind it's the customer's responsibility to complete the rebate as per instructions, including addressing the envelope properly... not theirs to fix our mistakes (nor our neglect). But since it's the same "name" and brand, it's likely not a major issue, knowing this facility.

The larger problem might be if you stuff a FINISH one and say a Pepsi one in the same envelope (and you mail to the FINISH address and PO Box), The Pepsi one MAY not get processed. Again, I've been in this facility, and depending on how chaotic or busy they are, the person in the FINISH team might not be able to forward your Pepsi one to the right team. That is, if they even know where the Pepsi people are in the building.

Granted, any one worker at this site CAN process a rebate for any vendor, so even the Finish/Pepsi scenario might not be an issue. It would all depend on how busy and/or able/adamant/stubborn the worker is focused on his/her project... and/or the instructions given for that contract.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sun, Sep 24th, 2017 at 08:50 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SBW View Post
    New FINISH mail-in rebate (MIR form found at RCSS). Save up to $23.00 on Finish Quantum Max 18ct to 64ct. Purchases must be made between Sept. 1 and Nov. 10, 2017. PO Box 13959. **Please note this is store specific**

Attachment 334777
    This looks like it was found in a magazine or flyer (maybe an in-store one?) -- can you identify?
    I can barely make out the reverse side through the white, but not enough to see what's on the back side)...

Thanks in advance.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    [Sorry in advance for the diatribe, but I found the question interesting, and thought I could elaborate on the subject]

Now, I assume you aren't double-dipping the MIR on one purchase, correct? (ie: one purchase, expecting two rebates?) Because that would most assuredly be rejected.

However, if you have two separate purchases, two receipts, and two rebates there should be no problem. I would just ensure that each MIR coupon/form is attached to the respective receipt you intend it for. (eg the $23 one is for a larger value product, and I would assume YOU want it applied to the more costly receipt) A small piece of tape would suffice so it can be easily removed without damage, but enough to ensure it's intent.

I've actually spent some time inside the clearing house where the FINISH ones are going to in Saint John so I know a bit about how this operation works. (or at least, used to work)

The fact that they are in a single envelope is 99% of the time irrelevant at this facility. Here's why: The PO BOX is typically there for simple sorting and counting purposes. All of one rebate type/offer goes to one PO Box (which in reality is a bin at the Post Office). When the mail comes in, all the ones for the $23 MIR are addressed to "FINISH DISHWASHER DETERGENT PRODUCT", "PO BOX 13959" : and they go to the group processing those rebates. As it happens, the $8 MIR coupon is PO BOX 13964, but has the same name as above.. so it's LIKELY going to wind up in the same group of people. Someone in that group is merely pulling the contents of the envelopes, sorting them, and handing them down the line (figuratively speaking) for data entry so your rebate cheque can be printed. So if there are two in one, they dont care, so long as they dont have to stop figure out what your intent was, you arent really impeding on their process.

However, Sometimes the different PO Boxes are intended for accounting purposes, depending on the SLA with the vendor. In some contracts, the clearing house gets paid for each piece of mail received at that PO box, regardless if its actually valid to be processed or not. (eg the form isnt properly completed, or the receipt is a mis-match item, etc) ... regardless, they get paid for handling it and doing the validation. However putting two (or more) in one envelope (regardless how otherwise valid they all are) means that they only get paid for one piece, not two (or more). So you might find yourself getting only one (or none) of the rebates in this case.

In any event, if you are going to do so, just to repeat: if you have two separate receipts in the same envelope, best to attach the receipt to the MIR that you want it to be applied. The people at the center don't typically have the time nor the interest to try and figure out what your intention was, and you might get a lesser rebate than you anticipated.

Regardless, there are no guarantees since you did INTENTIONALLY send one of the MIR's to the "incorrect" PO Box. Bear in mind it's the customer's responsibility to complete the rebate as per instructions, including addressing the envelope properly... not theirs to fix our mistakes (nor our neglect). But since it's the same "name" and brand, it's likely not a major issue, knowing this facility.

The larger problem might be if you stuff a FINISH one and say a Pepsi one in the same envelope (and you mail to the FINISH address and PO Box), The Pepsi one MAY not get processed. Again, I've been in this facility, and depending on how chaotic or busy they are, the person in the FINISH team might not be able to forward your Pepsi one to the right team. That is, if they even know where the Pepsi people are in the building.

Granted, any one worker at this site CAN process a rebate for any vendor, so even the Finish/Pepsi scenario might not be an issue. It would all depend on how busy and/or able/adamant/stubborn the worker is focused on his/her project... and/or the instructions given for that contract.
    I've mentioned several times as have others that if they are from SmartSaver or for Reckitt Benkiser products you can put any combination of MIRs on how ever many receipts you have purchased them on, fire them off in one envie, and they all come back. Tried and tested many many many times over. Just in case anyone wanted a brief answer lol.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

SBW
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    195 (100%)

This MIR form was on the RCSS Coupon Zone board at the entrance to the store. Also, extra copies of the MIR form were in the dishwasher detergent aisle near all the FINISH products on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    This looks like it was found in a magazine or flyer (maybe an in-store one?) -- can you identify?
    I can barely make out the reverse side through the white, but not enough to see what's on the back side)...

Thanks in advance.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I have a question about the Kellogg's cash for gas promo...not a Mir but I don't see any posts about this years offer. Has anyone here got any response from submitting their receipt via email/text to get the pin code?
    Sent mine by email over a month ago and nothing yet, resubmitted by text 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Sent an email to Kellogg's today but the promo ends in a week....would really like my $15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsf1sh View Post
    I have a question about the Kellogg's cash for gas promo...not a Mir but I don't see any posts about this years offer. Has anyone here got any response from submitting their receipt via email/text to get the pin code?
    Sent mine by email over a month ago and nothing yet, resubmitted by text 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Sent an email to Kellogg's today but the promo ends in a week....would really like my $15

Not sure if you're waiting for your PIN code or waiting for the gas-card to arrive... but regardless:

The key dates here are Sept.30th... Oct.15th... Oct.31st... (and beyond that)

Sep.30th : Your cereal purchase had to be made by Sept.30 (which it has)

Oct.15th : ONLY means your submission has to be submitted and received by them before that date. (which it has) -- (note: this is 2 weeks from now, not one.)

It doesn't mean you will necessarily get your PIN and/or card in the mail by before that date. While it would be likely, they will be processing submissions well past that date until they are completed.

The terms suggest that you will receive your PIN by the same method you submitted. So if it's the PIN you are waiting for, you might want to check your email providers' SPAM or JUNK folder [eg. if you use gmail or hotmail, (for example) actually log in to their web service for your mail and check their pre-filtered spam/junk folders. I'd do this ASAP because older mail in those folders might get purged after 30 days]

Also, keep in mind, your PIN wont necessarily come back to you instantly. Someone has to manually check the photo of your submission to be sure it's legible (ie: they can read the dates and the products) and that you qualify. This takes time.

In any event, there's no stipulation in the terms (see below) as to WHEN you will get your PIN. However the NEXT date of importance is...

Oct. 31st : Once you receive your PIN code, you have until Oct.31 to go online and fill in the form with the PIN and your address so your gas-card will be mailed to you.

Now, presuming you've already gotten this far (that is presuming you *did* get your PIN and filled out the form online) -- The terms of the promo say that you will receive your gas card in the mail 6 to 8 weeks AFTER they receive your submission. Keep in mind that 8-weeks equals 2-months, so it could still be mid to late in October at the earliest before you receive it in the mail. Again, assuming you've gotten this far with your PIN.

... Or up to 2-months after whenever you fill out the online form with your PIN. (assuming you're still waiting for the PIN). [And those dates are approximate, not guaranteed.]

What I wouldn't do is re-submit again. The terms imply that doing so could void your eligibility and you might never see your PIN or your gas card.

Also, you said you want your $15 ?? Just so you're aware, the promo is for a $5 card, not $15.

(Terms & conditions fine print for this offer: http://www.kelloggs.ca/en_CA/kellogg...tion-2017.html --- FULL details in a link at the bottom of that page.)
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Sep 29th, 2017 at 06:28 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Thanks, I did 3 submissions. Waiting on the pins. I have done other promos in the past where you get an acknowledgement of your submissions, via email or text. From there they give you an estimated time frame. Looking back my receipts were from July...seems like along time for this promo.

SBW
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Looking for 3 copies of the "Save up to $20" Finish MIR form (sticker found on packaging, PO Box 13892) if anyone has them for trade.

Apparently there are 2 different Finish MIR forms found on packaging. The one in the photo (below) is TRY ME FREE, Save up to $25, PO Box 13890. There's also a 2nd Finish MIR "Save up to $20" (18ct to 64ct) but I don't know the PO Box number. Has anyone found it, and if so, where? And what is the PO Box number? Here is a link to more information about the 2 different Finish MIR forms found on packaging:

http://smartcanucks.ca/finish-quantu...-on-packaging/

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Looking for 3 copies of the "Save up to $20" Finish MIR form (sticker found on packaging, PO Box 13892) if anyone has them for trade.
    Not in my area this time either

KJH
    Male
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I am wondering if there is a MIR for Resolve going on right now?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.smartsaver.ca/en/coupons-offers/

SmartSaver has MIR for AIR WICK V.I.POO PRODUCT available again to print.
    Grey, hcao, KJH and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The latest edition of Red Plum (in this weeks flyers) is also offering MIR on AW V.I.POO up to $8.99. There is a MIR on AW Pure Aerosol or Freshmatic up to $9.49. Purchase period of October 11 - November 15, 2017.
    hcao, Cake and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Davelikes2save View Post
    The latest edition of Red Plum (in this weeks flyers) is also offering MIR on AW V.I.POO up to $8.99. There is a MIR on AW Pure Aerosol or Freshmatic up to $9.49. Purchase period of October 11 - November 15, 2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I've mentioned several times as have others that if they are from SmartSaver or for Reckitt Benkiser products you can put any combination of MIRs on how ever many receipts you have purchased them on, fire them off in one envie, and they all come back. Tried and tested many many many times over. Just in case anyone wanted a brief answer lol.
    So atm, both of these products can be bought together on one receipt, then the two rebates can be claimed by sending their respective rebate forms plus the one receipt in a single envelope addressed to either of the PO boxes?
    Laurabelle81 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Lots of questions about this. Lots have sent in several rebates in one envelope all bought in same receipt and envelope addressed in different ways. I say, do what you feel comfortable doing and if it has been working for you so far then continue. That way if anything happens to your rebate, like not getting your money back, you have nobody else to blame.

But I will continue to split my purchases to make the most of my Shoppers' offers and send all rebates in one envelope. So far I have gotten all my rebates for the past 4 years since I started doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    So atm, both of these products can be bought together on one receipt, then the two rebates can be claimed by sending their respective rebate forms plus the one receipt in a single envelope addressed to either of the PO boxes?
    uanoor and Arjon like this.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information