User Tag List

Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Fantastic insight and advice @HermanH . I love the idea of a simple calendar in front of me, I just happen to have my free milk calendar that will work great. In addition, it has a recipe each month that will encourage me to cook from scratch.
    We are cooking from home and making more from scratch lately. It's more fun to plan meals looking up recipes too than it is staring at a stack of boxes in the freezer. re Cauliflower and broccoli, my fav lunch used to be both steamed with a small amount of mozzarella cheese grated ontop.
    I recently stocked up on a myriad of frozen veggie mixes for stirfries etc. They would be wonderful as a snack.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Fantastic insight and advice @HermanH . I love the idea of a simple calendar in front of me, I just happen to have my free milk calendar that will work great. In addition, it has a recipe each month that will encourage me to cook from scratch.
    If you use social media, you might consider posting a daily image of your calendar/progress (and maybe post one here, too). You have friends on SmartCanucks and sharing achievements with them might encourage your continued success. If you do not want to show how many reps/'peddles' you are doing, just mark the box with a big black 'X'. Only you need to know how many you did. Willpower can be fragile and every little boost helps.

We are cooking from home and making more from scratch lately. It's more fun to plan meals looking up recipes too than it is staring at a stack of boxes in the freezer. re Cauliflower and broccoli, my fav lunch used to be both steamed with a small amount of mozzarella cheese grated ontop.
    Living with others can be a challenge, since they may not be as restrictive with their diet as you may choose to be. I was able to avoid temptation because I simply did not bring any of the sugary/high-fat food into the house. I fully admit that I am a weak man and would probably have been unable to resist temptation for delicious stuff like cookies, chips, and chocolate. By never having any around, I had no chance to surrender to my urges.

I recently stocked up on a myriad of frozen veggie mixes for stirfries etc. They would be wonderful as a snack.
    Be sure to read the ingredients and nutritional information on the package to know what you are putting into your body. They are very flavourful and delicious, but that often comes at a high price. i.e. sugar, fat, and salt.

I watch the Food Network and salivate. I know that if I ate even one bite of their wonderfully delicious recipes, I would need a forklift to move my butt off the chair.
    Last edited by HermanH; Sun, Jan 24th, 2021 at 05:19 PM.
    crafter likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My sister started a get healthy weight loss group. We each put in $ and the winner get the pot.
    A little incentive to get us all rolling!

I am down 5lbs this week and wasn't exactly good! Now I'm motivated

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I started a tracker for myself in Excel, it will track various things like my water intake, meals & snack, sleep. At this point I am not so much worried about what i am eating but just trying to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks in a day.

I have found since I am back working at home I have lost the routine in my life and I am someone who thrives on routine. I find when I work from home I get distracted and forgot to eat, don't fill my water bottle and I have been struggling with sleep lately because I think my brain is not turning off. I have always been able to work from home but now I feel like I have lost that definition of okay I am home now.

I am someone who works best if I can see something in front of me so I am going to track all of these factors for the month of February and see where I am at the end of the month.

This week is off to a good start, 3 water bottles of water and 3 meals and 2 snacks today but I had a horrible night of sleep last night so I expect to crash any time now.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Crazy stressful work week for me but I am going to take the time for me.

Tonight I will go for a good long walk. The fresh air is just as important as the walk!

Dinner will be chicken breast with salad. Kids have tacos ready for them to eat when they want so I am not going to worry about them tonight .

I will also do some laundry and clean stuff to put away which will be lots of walking up and down the stairs to the basement. Looking for the positive of housework

Have a great healthy day everyone!
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went for a walk this morning and will go again later today.

Lunch will be a smoothie and dinner probably chicken and salad again Simple

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day! Working in the office today so lots of walking up and down the stairs.
    Have a roast cooking in the slow cooker and lots of leftovers in the fridge so the kids are taken care of. Then I don't feel guilty when I eat something simple when they have more options.
    Tomorrow I will prep food for my breakfast/lunch and snacks for Monday and Tuesday since I am in the office.

Have a great day!
    SassyAshley likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My stressful time at work last week is now done. Now I can concentrate on me
    This week I am working in the office but will make the time to go for walks in the the evening. I do so much better when I can get out in the morning but I don't want to walk before I go into the office lol
    crafter likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A little walk last night with DS and the dog. Both don't like to walk far.

Tonight I will do my hour shopping walk. 15 mins each way to the store then 30 mins in the store walking the aisles looking for deals.

I ate like crap yesterday but today is a new day!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

The older you get, the slower you get and the motivation is lost. I bought myself a FitBit to keep track of things, especially my steps because i found i was walking less and becoming more of a couch potato. Each week i increase my steps by 200. My goal is to reach 10,000 steps and to try to maintain that. Winter is harder to reach that goal because im scared to walk outside when it is icey. I dont want to fall, because with knee replacements, it isnt easy to get up. So i walk up and down the stairs at home. Summer will be easier.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have been tracking a few things or just over a week, mainly I am looking at am I eating, I aim for 2 snacks and 3 meals. The 3 meals are going well but I keep missing my snacks because I am training staff and feel it is rude to eat well we are working.

I am also tracking my water, I seem to average about 2.5 bottles of my 24oz bottle.

As well I am tracking my sleep which has been an issue lately, I have stopped sleeping through the night so I track how long I slept and how I felt my night of sleep was. I feel like my sleep issues are really affecting other areas for me because when I do not sleep and am tired I accomplish less.

I am happy with meals and water but I need to get my snacks back in and also figure out this sleep. I am currently taking melatonin for 2 weeks straight to see if it will reset my sleep schedule.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Getting a good night's sleep is really essential. There are several things that you can do to prepare yourself for sleep. Dont to go sleep in a hurry, prepare yourself; calm down, read, turn the lights low. Some people use aromatherapy and some people take Melatonin. Personally i dont like taking pills. What works for me is a nice decaf tea that promotes calmness and sleep; reading before sleep and comfort sheets (polar fleece sheets).
    SassyAshley likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went for an hour and 10 min walk last night. Will do so again tonight!
    SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It was melting outside on Tuesday. I had fun building different snow sculptures in the front yard with our children. We are now under an extreme cold advisory again.

I’ve bought 4 15oz bags of fresh sugar snap peas over the last month. I’ve eaten most of them as a snack during my work day. They’re on my grocery list again.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was just working on a list of healthier foods to keep on hand or at my desk. The cheap Cadbury chocolate that I picked up in November/December is not helping me. I weigh 5lbs more than I did a year ago, which is not a good thing. This desk job isn’t helping my health.

I need to be more diligent about my exercise too. We’re finally out of the cold snap here. Dh had the kids at the park this afternoon, while I worked hard on my marking.
    crafter and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information