User Tag List

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

re exercise, it really does make a difference. I used to go to the gym for aquafit when I wasn't feeling active enough, even if it's open, I'm not going back until Covid is a thing of the past. I'm starting a routine tomorrow with a fitness buddy. I don't care as much about the weight, I care about the fit of my clothes which are a tad tight
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I still struggle with getting exercise, I am hoping as the days get longer it will get easier. Right now it feels like when I wake up it is dark outside and when I finish work it is dark outside which makes me feel like it bedtime when I finish dinner.

I have been trying to find ways to move around more but still struggling, I get so caught up in my work day I forgot to take breaks. Especially on days I am training staff, on those days in between session I am just trying to get food in.

Good news is I am now eating 3 meals a day which sound so simple but is so hard for me. My snacks are hit and miss but I will keep working on it
    crafter likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    The cheap Cadbury chocolate that I picked up in November/December is not helping me. I weigh 5lbs more than I did a year ago, which is not a good thing. This desk job isn’t helping my health.
    That stuff is insidious. It just keeps creeping up on you.

Ever try a standing desk?
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just checking in here! Will get out walking this week everyday. I'm on a mission!
    Angela273 and crafter like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    That stuff is insidious. It just keeps creeping up on you.
    Ever try a standing desk?
    I haven’t tried a standing desk. It would not fit in my current improvised office space. Our home is relatively small for 5 people. While teaching cyber school I use a Chromebook, extra monitor, document Camera, external hard drive, external mouse, external keyboard, etc.

Our extreme cold advisory finally ended and we have been making the most of the nice weather. We booked a hotel pool for a family swim for 2hrs on Saturday. I walked to the park and played with our kids for over an hour on Sunday, until we got cold.

Yesterday I spent 1.5hrs playing outside with our children and helping the water drain down our street. It was +6 and the rapid melt was trying to flood various areas where the drains were plugged with ice. Our neighbour finally chipped out the ice from the drain at the end of their driveway. My children and I helped to drain the huge puddles

Today we received at least 6” of fluffy snow. It melted some mid-day. Dh shovelled early in the morning. I shovelled on my morning break. After our children finished their homework I spent 1.5hrs helping them dig and build a snow fort. They were surprised by how much we accomplished.
    I bought some nice grapes for every to eat for snacks. I wish celery wasn’t so expensive. I love adding it to recipes.

Tonight’s supper was roast beef with whole onions, gravy, noodles, carrots with peas, and horseradish. There are enough leftovers for supper tomorrow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Feb 24th, 2021 at 12:29 AM.
    lilo0003 and crafter like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been making healthier food choices and getting more exercise, but my weight continues to slowly increase. It sucks, but I’m not going to quit trying.
    coupon girl and crafter like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't despair. Some weight gain can be from strength or muscle increases. If you are eating healthier food, those are 'better' calories than pure sugar. Eat all the fresh fruit and veggies you like (without syrup/sauces). Any weight gain will be healthier, IMO.

Try finding some small measureable way to track progress, such as a paedometer for 10,000 steps / day.
    Angela273 and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I’ve been making healthier food choices and getting more exercise, but my weight continues to slowly increase. It sucks, but I’m not going to quit trying.
    I hear you @Angela273 , I felt the same way, I stopped weighing myself for awhile. As long as you're getting exercise and eating good foods, you will feel better. I hit a milestone this week...I can do up my winter coat zipper without taking my gloves out of my pocket. Its a crazy small difference but it inspired me.

This week was good for me, I went to the town parks for walks ...two yesterday. I also started a simple yoga stretch program from a show I found on Amazon Prime. Little steps ...have a great weekend!
    Angela273, coupon girl and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I so need to reput myself in shape with walking
    I am not in good shape it is not normal for my age
    I will have to cut sugar and eat less and more healthy to get rib of some many pounds
    I did a big walk with my aunt and was sick and dizzy..not a good sign
    Angela273 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Drink less diet pepsi and replace with smooties and water too....no choice
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!
    Yesterday was so cold and windy but I went for a walk around the block just to get out.
    Today I will do my walk up to RCSS and pick up my Flashfood app purchase walk around the store to get my steps in. Good break from the cold!

BLSL chicken and veggies for dinner (Making DS his pasta)

Have a healthy day everyone!
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My MIL died somewhat suddenly on Wednesday. She lived in Alberta. I qualify for paid days off work, but it’s difficult to do that with my job. We are still waiting to find out the funeral arrangements, etc. Dh and I still went to work Mon-Fri this week. We’re taking it easy this weekend.

I’ve been taking long walks since the weather is mild. It’s peaceful being outside with our kids.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went for an hour hike with my girlfriend on thursday ,next day my legs were sore .I still enjoyed the walk and company .

Hard for me to lose weight as a family member close to me is dealing with a lot ,plus i have a grandchild in hospital .
    Angela273, walkonby and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I went for an hour hike with my girlfriend on thursday ,next day my legs were sore .
    Remember that soreness is your body's way of congratulating you on a job well done.
    Angela273 and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We just returned home from a relatively slow 1hr walk. I found a dime, nothing for SARCAN, and the kids collected another bag of pine cones.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information